bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Welcome to Deepica forum

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Nov 11, 10 12:05 AM
Welcome to Deepica forum! This is your place to ask questions, share tips, and connect with other Deepica players.

If you have questions about how to use the forums, please click the FAQ link on the right.

kiminee
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

Re:Welcome to Deepica forum

[Post New]by kiminee on Nov 11, 10 5:00 AM
How the heck do you activate the bonuses? In-game help doesn't appear to mention them at all.

kiminee
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by kiminee on Nov 11, 10 5:04 AM
NM - triggered by diamonds apparently

kiminee
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by kiminee on Nov 11, 10 5:56 AM
Enjoyed the game; too short to make it a "buy" despite replay value

annatar
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
425 Posts

[Post New]by annatar on Nov 11, 10 6:51 AM
Very entertaining, and I was disappointed when my hour was up - but by then I had already played through half the levels, so it's too short to justify using a credit on. Pity... although it does have endless replay value, I guess.

Only was the initial "story" about some scientist who was looking for a special item - and then we never heard another word about that story again. I would have appreciated a small update on the story inbetween levels or so... just to give us a feeling of progression or such...

[Post New]by Marinersfan04 on Nov 11, 10 7:40 AM
I agree with both commenters above. I played about 2/3 of the game in the demo period. It's relaxing, no timer, and would be great for a young person or anyone wanting a more relaxed marble popper game.

jkuci
Flounder
Flounder
2,447 Posts

[Post New]by jkuci on Nov 11, 10 8:39 AM

Simple variation on the "bubble popper" genre. Worked just fine. I might entertain buying as a DD.

ecblisa
Stingray
Stingray
5,078 Posts

[Post New]by ecblisa on Nov 11, 10 10:21 AM
This game kind of reminds me of QantZ, in that the playing field is dynamic and can be affected (turned) by your shots, also you seem to be able to spin corals off the base. As far as I can tell, the bonus shown on the upper right is just info about what you get when you hit a diamond -- you don't actually try to collect it from there.

A nice game, although if it's as short as people have said, maybe not a great buy at full price. (Now if I had a punch card credit handy . . . )

Meisie84
Guppy
Guppy
134 Posts

[Post New]by Meisie84 on Nov 11, 10 12:44 PM
I thoroughly enjoyed my full demo hour. it is short for sure, but has replay. It will be going to the top of my list. as a DD it would be a no brainer.
I like the variety of power ups etc, clear and fun graphics. Relaxing without the timer. Great job Devs, maybe just a few more levels would have gathered more sales.

Kymberlie
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
414 Posts

[Post New]by Kymberlie on Nov 12, 10 6:41 AM
annatar wrote:Very entertaining, and I was disappointed when my hour was up - but by then I had already played through half the levels, so it's too short to justify using a credit on. Pity... although it does have endless replay value, I guess.

Only was the initial "story" about some scientist who was looking for a special item - and then we never heard another word about that story again. I would have appreciated a small update on the story inbetween levels or so... just to give us a feeling of progression or such...

I thought the same thing about the number of levels when I first went through the trial, but decided to Google the game and found out that this game is supposed to have over 200 unique levels....and after I'd completed 30 min of my 60 min trial, I wasn't even close. A definite buy for me.

As for the story line...a good story line is not essential for me in casual games. In fact, I have turned down playing some casual games simply because something in the story line offended me (overly violent, demonic, satanic, etc). I honestly would prefer no story line at all,compared to that. The lack of story line in Deepica doesn't affect the playability of this game in the least, for me anyway. I'm glad I purchased it.

[Post New]by Marinersfan04 on Nov 12, 10 10:39 AM
Kymberlie, that's interesting about the number of levels the game SHOULD have. I also purchased it and enjoyed playing the game. It definitely gets harder toward the end. It just feels like it should have more levels, but the game ended after #11. Wonder why they cut it short!

Kymberlie
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
414 Posts

[Post New]by Kymberlie on Nov 12, 10 1:10 PM
Marinersfan04 wrote:Kymberlie, that's interesting about the number of levels the game SHOULD have. I also purchased it and enjoyed playing the game. It definitely gets harder toward the end. It just feels like it should have more levels, but the game ended after #11. Wonder why they cut it short!

Wow, I'm only up to level 7-something, so I haven't had a chance to find out if it actually has all of the levels it claims. I actually found at least half a dozen game sites that referred to the original developer completing the game back in March, and that's it's supposed to have over 200 levels. That was the deciding factor in my purchase. Fun game, but it's a bummer to find out it will end so soon!

Also, one of the previous posters was correct in mentioning that there IS a timer. I thought too that it was untimed, but saw the lit fuse at the top, and have actually timed out twice so far and had to start a level over. I love untimed games, and I wish this one had that option.

Thanks for the info!

[Post New]by jobug77 on Jan 4, 12 12:53 AM
What iis the problem with Deepica,it tries to open a 12-1 level,which I have never seen before,and all I have been recieving all day is try again,

[Post New]by jobug77 on Jan 12, 12 5:03 PM
I guess Big Fish Games doesn't care whether we have problems with the games as they won't answer questions on here. Maybe it is time to find a new place to get my games. Been a PAYING customer here for many years and they obviously do not care much about customer support!

Freka
Herring
Herring
304 Posts

[Post New]by Freka on Jan 16, 12 8:14 PM
Have you tried customer support, jobug77? I suspect it takes a lot to keep up with all the forums. Everytime I have asked a question in customer support, I have gotten an answer very quickly.

Go to: