RyeMcLaughlin
Stingray
Stingray
4,659 Posts

The Legend of the Tolteks for Mac - technical issues

[Post New]by RyeMcLaughlin on Nov 11, 10 6:23 AM
There isn't a thread in the All Games Forum for this game yet, so I'm starting this here.

1. Game only plays in windowed mode. If you try the "Press Alt and Enter for Windowed/Fullscreen" per the instructions in the opening screen, all you get is a dark red square without even a cursor showing. You have to quit to get out.

2. When you quit and restart, you have to start all over again.

Also, but I guess these are features

There are no options - you can't control the music or sound effects from within the game, you are stuck with a custom cursor. Also the tiles don't slide.

I have on my computer:

OSX version 10.6.4
Processor 3.06 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
Memory 4 GB 1067 MHz RAM
ATI Radeon HD 4670 graphics card
1TB Serial ATA drive

Adobe Flash player
Flash Player.plugin 10.1 r85

QuickTime Player version 10.0

Adobe Shockwave
DirectorShockwave.plugin 11.5.8.612

edited to make corrections

Edited on 11/11/2010 at 6:34:00 AM PST

rrobinson7
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

Re:The Legend of the Tolteks for Mac - technical issues

[Post New]by rrobinson7 on Apr 4, 11 6:00 AM
having all the same problems on my iMac that you discussed. any solutions or fixes on the way? like the game but won't buy it if it is so buggy

textrekkie
Shark
Shark
13,265 Posts

[Post New]by textrekkie on Apr 4, 11 6:33 AM
Hi rrobinson and welcome to the pond!

I looked at the game forum for this game and saw that a new release was issued on 11/11/2010 but nothing after that.

It would probably be best to post any problems you are encountering the in technical problems forum there so they can be reviewed by the tech team.

Here is the link you can copy and paste in your browser window:

http://forums.bigfishgames.com/forums/show/2010.page

Hope this helps! Hope to see you swimming around!

bfgImbrium
Manatee
Manatee
4,236 Posts

[Post New]by bfgImbrium on Apr 4, 11 6:36 AM
Hi rrobinson7,

Welcome to the pond!

We now have a section for Mac gamers and they will be able to better assist you with your query

I'm going to go ahead and pop this thread over into the Mac Gamers forum and this discussion can be continued here.

I can also suggest contacting Customer Support by clicking on the green envelope on the right to get to our Help pages, and then click "Contact Us" to the right of the screen to submit a support ticket.

Or if you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can connect to Live Chat Support Monday-Friday 9:30am-4:30pm PST.

Hope this helps!

bfgImbrium

shorenuf
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,281 Posts

The Legend of the Tolteks for Mac - technical issues

[Post New]by shorenuf on Apr 4, 11 8:36 AM
Well bfgImbrium -- true, none of us were likely to go to the AGF since we all rejected the game last November.

Okay, so I just tried the game. Nothing happened when I hit alt & enter, so I hit alt & return. Went to full screen fine. First board played fine. Second board was larger, but boxes were smaller. The cursor would not go down to the last row, so I lost a life. The replay screen worked okay -- cursor went to bottom row, so I decided to start over. I could not find any menu button to exit, so I force quit. Restart of game I had to create a new profile. Played through 2 screens and had enough points to buy a building, but cursor would not go to bottom of the screen. Even switching to windowed mode did not give the cursor more move room. One more try -- a mix of the same issues above.

This game is broken -- unreliable cursor, no way to exit from the screen once in play mode, does not / cannot save existing profile, plus the issues Rye described. Also, boxes so small you could go blind.

rrobinson 7 -- Welcome to the Mac Forum!!

If you bought this game, definitely request an exchange coupon from Customer Service. If you just demoed it -- throw it away. Go on to something else. There are oh so many better Match 3's. There is similar build a city game play in Cradle of Rome 1 and 2. Cradle of Persia is a chaining match 3 where you also build a city. Some other excellent match 3's -- Unwell Mel, Around the World in 80 Days, Call of Atlantis, Azkend, Big Kahuna Reef 2, Fishdom 1 and 2 and more.

RyeMcLaughlin
Stingray
Stingray
4,659 Posts

[Post New]by RyeMcLaughlin on Apr 4, 11 12:53 PM
When this popped up with my name on it I was quite startled as I couldn't remember writing it. Then I noticed the date.

Probably should have been put in the All Games Forum, which was my original hope, but as long as someone can find it, that's all that matters.

We really should have separate technical issues threads for Mac games as we usually have very different problems

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Oct 12, 12 12:26 PM
Hi Fishies,

I'm not sure why this is popping up now that it's been a few months since the last post but I'm going to go ahead and move it over to the The Legend of the Tolteks Forum to keep things tidy.

bfgMonongahela

Go to: