JessF
Clownfish
Clownfish
773 Posts

CE had problems with the sequence you did things

[Post New]by JessF on Nov 12, 10 2:22 AM
Does anyone know if this version has addressed some of those problems.

I did not buy the CE because I did not want to follow a walk through to avoid getting stuck. I'm reluctant to buy this version if I will have the same problems.

TIA.

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

Re:CE had problems with the sequence you did things

[Post New]by peglegann on Nov 12, 10 2:35 AM
I bougt the CE and had no problems with the order of doing things. I don't like too much help either I just did things as I wanted to do them.

[Post New]by dragonfairy5 on Nov 12, 10 5:50 AM
IT has the same problem for me as the CE did.
Will not load up at all!!!!

Still think that they do not test things properly half the time. Are they out to make a quick buck or what on some of these games?

ember89
Flounder
Flounder
2,103 Posts

[Post New]by ember89 on Nov 12, 10 7:31 AM
had no issues with playing the CE version of this game...

did not have to rely on a walkthrough / strategy guide for every little thing, either... i just looked around every scene very thoroughly, picked up what was there to pick up, interacted with what was there to interact with, and made a note to come back if i didn't have something i needed...

pretty much the mantra for an IHOG: go everywhere, look at everything, and talk to everybody... then go back and do it all again...

anyway - i really enjoyed the game and know i will be playing it again at some point in the future

karen876
Catfish
Catfish
1,524 Posts

[Post New]by karen876 on Nov 12, 10 7:43 AM
I think that I remember this game now. That frog/toad got on my nerves the first time around.

ScaniX
Clownfish
Clownfish
596 Posts

[Post New]by ScaniX on Nov 12, 10 7:53 AM
They fixed at least some of the problems in the CE already. And this SE most probably has at least those fixes in it.
If you want to make sure you don't have to start over from the beginning, you should make backups of your save games regularly.

EDIT: Took away a 't' to be used somewhere else...

Edited on 11/14/2010 at 1:38:05 PM PST

sparkers2005
Guppy
Guppy
121 Posts

[Post New]by sparkers2005 on Nov 12, 10 5:50 PM
i just finished the se no problems here. glad i waited for se instead of purchasing ce. game was easy hints told you alot of things to do. loved the game lasted a long time.

AbleBabel
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,051 Posts

[Post New]by AbleBabel on Nov 12, 10 6:07 PM
dragonfairy5 wrote:IT has the same problem for me as the CE did.
Will not load up at all!!!!

Still think that they do not test things properly half the time. Are they out to make a quick buck or what on some of these games?

I don't think testing is the issue. Problems a lot of the time depend on what system you are running and the configuration and whatnot (I don't know computer-speak).

I had no problem the the CE of this game. Loved it! It lasted well, was interesting, and I could stop, exit and come back with no problem at all. I did not go after help, hints or anything, and none were forced upon me. All up, it's one of my favourites.

Go to: