bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

Your Comments and Reviews for Mystery Trackers: The Void

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Nov 12, 10 8:47 AM
Hey Fishies! What do you think of Mystery Trackers: The Void? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments and opinions in this thread!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

If you are seeking game help, the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the Game Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion'!

Please also feel free to check the following thread for some more reviews on this game:

Mystery Trackers: The Void

Happy gaming!

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Mystery Trackers: The Void

[Post New]by Tassygirl1958 on Nov 13, 10 8:22 AM
Fishies...where are you? NO ONE has a comment/review on this game yet???

PerfectSecty
Stingray
Stingray
4,983 Posts

[Post New]by PerfectSecty on Nov 13, 10 8:36 AM
Hmmm---nobody's posting in the comments and review thread for the standard version? Guess it's all been said in the CE forum. Well, here's mine for what it's worth.

That was fun!!!
I love this game. Interesting story, not the same old tired themes. It had me saying wow and laughing out loud several times. Good graphics, sounds and music too. Nothing about this game annoyed me---which is unusual.

I took my time, didn't use any hints or skip any puzzles. Knowing there's an achievement for it makes me want to, well---achieve it. (LOL) Smart move by the developers, as it lengthens the game and makes it more challenging. It took me at least 5 hrs so, really good length for an IHOG nowadays.
Lots of good H.O scenes. Objects were not tiny or obscure, just cleverly hidden. Puzzles up the wazoo, which I really loved. There's an info button that explains the objective of the puzzles. Even though many weren't exactly original, they always had a fun new twist to them.

Game moved along nicely. There was a time or two when I wondered what to do or where to go next, but there's always something within that scene or another one close by, that will get you moving along again. None of this backtracking all the way to the beginning, just to get one little thing, then all the way back again, just to do one little thing that will allow you to continue.

I was really looking forward to this one and hoping they'd fixed all the glitches that people were frustrated with when the CE came out. I had no problems.

It's been a while since I had this much fun playing a casual game. I really enjoyed it and I'll definitely be playing this one again some day.

dianaluna
Herring
Herring
339 Posts

So happy I bought this game!

[Post New]by dianaluna on Nov 13, 10 9:09 AM
You said it so Perfectsecty!
I just finished the game and enjoyed every minute of it! I just came into this forum to post a positive review because I'd noticed no one had commented a couple of days ago. But you mentioned all the good things. I did use the "hint" button a few times to send me off in the correct direction--I can't remember a game in which the hints were so specific & helpful. I enjoyed the little "rewards" popping up as a surprise. And I was amazed at the length of this game. No unnecessary dialogue--great puzzles--had to skip two--but that blocks with dimension one made me nuts. No tiresome "spot the differences." Good ending...terrific overall!

[Post New]by pinchy_wayne on Nov 13, 10 9:17 AM
Just finished the game too! Had to wait for the SE. Really enjoyed this one, and a good one till the next MCF comes along. Personally, had the toughest time with the scheme puzzle, and was pretty creeped out by the malevolent-looking teddy. Great graphics, long game (which is great), no major problems on my end, and loved the bibliophile ape reading up on Darwin's theory (lol)! Hope more come out from Mystery Trackers.

PerfectSecty
Stingray
Stingray
4,983 Posts

[Post New]by PerfectSecty on Nov 13, 10 11:06 AM

dianaluna wrote: You said it so Perfectsecty!

LOL dianaluna---very clever! And thank-you.

That scheme puzzle (blocks w/dimensions) almost had me crying uncle but, I'd come so far w/o skipping any puzzles that I just had to keep at it. That one was tough! I totally agree with you, there were no tedious puzzles in this one and I loved every minute of it too.

pinchy_wayne---That teddy and the bibliophile ape were LOL moments for me! Very funny touches. Really looking forward to their next game.

casuziq
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by casuziq on Nov 13, 10 11:23 AM
Dont' understand why there are sooo few posts.

I have played about 25 minutes and am very pleased with the play so far. Graphics are good, music/sound is tolerable, hidden objects not small and are fairly easy to find. The few puzzles that I have played were simple enough yet made you think a bit..

Unless something goes awry in the next 30 minutes this will definitely be a buy for me!

Hope you enjoy the game.

jillaroogirl
Minnow
Minnow
299 Posts

[Post New]by jillaroogirl on Nov 13, 10 2:13 PM
After playing this game for only 10 mins this is a buy for me. The graphics are good, the **** are easy to location (i.e. not tiny), the music is not irritating, the story in intriguing...lots to like!

sparkers2005
Guppy
Guppy
121 Posts

[Post New]by sparkers2005 on Nov 13, 10 2:58 PM
i loved this game. glad i waited for SE cause you really don't need a lot of help. hint gves you alot of info. plus it is a long game which i like. have fun with this one fishies.

cnbmimi11
Guppy
Guppy
192 Posts

[Post New]by cnbmimi11 on Nov 13, 10 4:22 PM
I too just finished the game..I thought it was well written and the graphics and music were very good. I enjoyed the hidden objects and the way you had to really pay attention in some areas to find what you needed. I liked the way it ended and I am so glad I bought the game.

Lyndy20
Clownfish
Clownfish
543 Posts

[Post New]by Lyndy20 on Nov 13, 10 4:39 PM
I enjoyed the demo and will definitely buy this game. The graphics are nice, the hidden object scenes are clear and the puzzles, so far, are interesting.

The only thing that iritated me was the frog croaking. I wanted to use hints just to shut it up for a bit, but that's a trivial complaint, really!

stevieferr
Clownfish
Clownfish
770 Posts

[Post New]by stevieferr on Nov 13, 10 5:04 PM
Loved the puzzles much more brain work than usual and quite hard for a change,wasnt as enamoured with the rest of the game too many HOGs with no real meaning to the actual game,glad i only used a game credit on it,still like Phantom this game has hardly any bad press this time for the cheaper version obviously they have ironed out the problems that the CE had well done bigfish yet again your on a roll lets hope it continues with the new MCF game coming out the end of this month[long waited for by us all i expect]

Ridnhi
Guppy
Guppy
115 Posts

[Post New]by Ridnhi on Nov 13, 10 5:34 PM
I LOVE this game. The graphics are clear. The story line is not the same old, same old. Whoever thought this up is very imaginative and I can find nothing to gripe about. I bought it and so far have played probably half through. I started over when I stopped to buy it so not sure how long the game is. I've been up to fix dinner and etc. But it is definitely worth either a credit, or the full price.......at least for me. I'm certainly not a pro like many of you fishies but I am learning how better to play these adventure HOG games or ihog as some call them. To me, this was just great entertainment. Not too hard, not too easy; Good directions for puzzles and games both and the little frog friend was a great help. He never lets you down. I hope many of you fishies will give this one a try. For me it was five thumbs up!!!

[Post New]by coolest_mommy on Nov 13, 10 6:40 PM
I just finished playing this game and it was a blast! I loved the story line. Some times I find those at either end of the spectrum - either really boring or really farfetched, so it either bores me or makes me indifferent. The graphics are great - crisp and clear and the music plays nicely in the background and doesn't overpower the game. There are lots and lots of mini games alongside the hidden object scenes. A good indication of how into the game I am is how many hints I use or puzzles I skip but I didn't use one hint or skip one puzzle through the whole game. Do I get a special prize for that? This game is long, too, and was definitely worth buying.

MURPHY
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,237 Posts

[Post New]by MURPHY on Nov 13, 10 11:00 PM
This was a fantastic game that I thoroughly enjoyed. Hope to see many more by this developer. They did supurb work! It was so gratifying to get to the end of the game and see that I had achieved all of the "achievements"! Some tough, different, and very challenging puzzles made for an exceptionally good game.

slm1022
Lobster
Lobster
88 Posts

Need Help with the glass shard

[Post New]by slm1022 on Nov 14, 10 4:56 AM
Apparently I missed the glass shard in the Tram and now I can't get back to the Tram cause I am by the phone booth. So frustrating because the strategy guide just tells you to use the glass shard but not how to get back to it.

I bought the game and have really enjoyed it up until now. Once you reach a frustration point it's hard to enjoy the game and be happy that you spent the money on it because I'm frustrated that I can't finish the game.

Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks.

slm1022
Lobster
Lobster
88 Posts

[Post New]by slm1022 on Nov 14, 10 7:38 AM
slm1022 wrote:Apparently I missed the glass shard in the Tram and now I can't get back to the Tram cause I am by the phone booth. So frustrating because the strategy guide just tells you to use the glass shard but not how to get back to it.

I bought the game and have really enjoyed it up until now. Once you reach a frustration point it's hard to enjoy the game and be happy that you spent the money on it because I'm frustrated that I can't finish the game.

slm1022
Lobster
Lobster
88 Posts

[Post New]by slm1022 on Nov 14, 10 7:41 AM
slm1022 wrote:Apparently I missed the glass shard in the Tram and now I can't get back to the Tram cause I am by the phone booth. So frustrating because the strategy guide just tells you to use the glass shard but not how to get back to it.

Finally figured out how to get back to the tram for the glass shard and was able to finish the game. Thoroughly enjoyed the game although the mini games were quite a challenge and I skipped a few, but the game itself was very good, graphics good and music good...not too much dialogue as in some games where you spend half your game clicking through the dialogue. Loved it...waiting for more like this!

Athena99
Guppy
Guppy
169 Posts

[Post New]by Athena99 on Nov 14, 10 1:37 PM
I am probably going to use a full credit on this one. I didn't have to use a single hint button in the demo, but the objects were not neccessarily real easy to find either. I pretty much enjoyed everything about it except for one point. Initially the gameplay reminded me of Return to Ravenhurst, so I was pretty pleased, but the Void is easier; maybe a little too easy? I managed 4 awards during the demo. The game play was very linear, whereas RTR had many puzzles that needed solving with items found in completely different areas. From what I have been reading in the forum, it sounds like it won't become more convoluted, but even if it doesn't, I think I will still buy it.

Fantastic game!

[Post New]by gosselil on Nov 15, 10 5:55 PM
Reminded me of Dire Grove. Very nice graphics and action sequences and the puzzles had a nice range of easy/hard, cute and querky. I hope it's only the first of a very long series. Good job Elephant Games.

Go to: