bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

Post any Mystery Trackers: The Void technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Nov 12, 10 8:47 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

euphoria
Herring
Herring
386 Posts

Re:Post any Mystery Trackers: The Void technical issues here only

[Post New]by euphoria on Nov 12, 10 9:23 AM
I don't know how this could happen with a game that technically doesn't even come out until tomorrow, but after I d/l, it says my trial is expired. I'm disappointed 'cause I really like to try before I buy.

EDITED TO ADD: Okay, I deleted it and d/l again - and this time it says I have the full 60 minutes! I'm off to try - hope this helps anyone who may have had a similar issue.

Edited on 11/20/2010 at 8:42:08 AM PST

[Post New]by Memoryamethyst on Nov 12, 10 2:04 PM
This is another game-demo that flickers at me. Call me lazy, but if it doesn't work right off the bat, I just uninstall it and it's a lost sale. I can't be bothered to jump through hoops just to decide if I want to spend my money on it. Oh, well.

nameplater
Stingray
Stingray
4,776 Posts

[Post New]by nameplater on Nov 12, 10 4:06 PM
I usually never buy a game when there has been tech problems & rebuilds. But, I thought I would chance it with this game since it played fine during the demo. MISTAKE!!

Got to the bridge & picked up the hammer. Went back up the rope ladder. There are no arrows to guide you into the Illusionist's Room...the only arrow takes you back down the ladder. Totally stuck in the game.

Will contact CS & get my credit back.

[Post New]by torriekay on Nov 12, 10 7:13 PM
Is anybody else having this game freeze near the end of the game? When the car takes off it freezes. I have to shut down my whole computer.

Marg2
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by Marg2 on Nov 13, 10 4:43 AM
The game won't launch. Since no one else is having this problem, evidently it's my overloaded, aging computer. Too bad. I was looking forward to this one.

krissywillow
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,084 Posts

[Post New]by krissywillow on Nov 13, 10 9:28 AM
This plays sluggish (slow) on my computer. Any ideas? Maybe I should adjust hardware acceleration....

[Post New]by MrsMatlock on Nov 13, 10 5:13 PM
Definite screen flicker... I've downloaded quite a number of Big Fish games (exclusive and others), and they don't flicker. When it flickers like a strobe light, it looks like the main scene bleeding through (not logical, but the flickering colors are the same and I can almost make out the car).

Also, would REALLY nice if there was an aspect ratio option for the game. My video card does have a 'maintain aspect ratio' but when on, it still distorts the display. Bummers when I know the graphics look good, but it's 'soft'/'fuzzy' on widescreen.

gaylele
Guppy
Guppy
137 Posts

[Post New]by gaylele on Nov 13, 10 9:45 PM
Was in the room where Sirus Void was unconscious...clicked on medical bag and found all the hidden objects, then won't go out of that scene....help!

celticwolf55
Guppy
Guppy
122 Posts

[Post New]by celticwolf55 on Nov 13, 10 10:26 PM
I got to the magicians room and the game has frozen up. I completed all of the hidden objects, but the game will not back out of the close-in picture. I have uninstalled and reinstalled twice. I did a DxDiag test, I checked with DirectX and it said I have the latest version with no need for updates. I have reinstalled again and still it goes right back to the same scene and gets stuck. Is there any fix or patch for this game that will help. Please advise or provide assistance. I really like the game and wish to continue, but not if it is going to keep freezing at this point. I noticed in the forum that another player had the exact same difficulty at the exact same point in the game. Other than the hidden object scene freezing the rest of the screen is responding just fine. The hints frog works, the menu works, the strategy guide appears when clicked, but even though all objects are accounted for, it absolutely will not let me back out of the completed close-in hidden object scene.

gaylele
Guppy
Guppy
137 Posts

[Post New]by gaylele on Nov 13, 10 10:57 PM
celticwolf55 wrote:I got to the magicians room and the game has frozen up. I completed all of the hidden objects, but the game will not back out of the close-in picture. I have uninstalled and reinstalled twice. I did a DxDiag test, I checked with DirectX and it said I have the latest version with no need for updates. I have reinstalled again and still it goes right back to the same scene and gets stuck. Is there any fix or patch for this game that will help. Please advise or provide assistance. I really like the game and wish to continue, but not if it is going to keep freezing at this point. I noticed in the forum that another player had the exact same difficulty at the exact same point in the game. Other than the hidden object scene freezing the rest of the screen is responding just fine. The hints frog works, the menu works, the strategy guide appears when clicked, but even though all objects are accounted for, it absolutely will not let me back out of the completed close-in hidden object scene.

This is exactly the same place I am at! I was going to reinstall the game, but now am unsure if it will do any good. I may do that yet, but it is getting late, and will probably wait until morning to see if it helps. If you get a response, or figure it out, please post the solution here. Thanks!

Edited on 11/13/2010 at 11:00:40 PM PST

gaylele
Guppy
Guppy
137 Posts

[Post New]by gaylele on Nov 13, 10 11:04 PM
I also had trouble throughout the game with the screen going black, then back to the game. It also booted me out with an error message, and I had to reload the game.

Edited on 11/13/2010 at 11:05:09 PM PST

DaCook7
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by DaCook7 on Nov 14, 10 1:12 AM
Memoryamethyst wrote:This is another game-demo that flickers at me. Call me lazy, but if it doesn't work right off the bat, I just uninstall it and it's a lost sale. I can't be bothered to jump through hoops just to decide if I want to spend my money on it. Oh, well.

That is what is happening to me too.

[Post New]by phiragirl on Nov 14, 10 6:29 PM
Frustrating!! My computer crashes when the cars start driving. I've tried it twice with the same result.

[Post New]by copernicus on Nov 14, 10 7:58 PM
celticwolf55 wrote:I got to the magicians room and the game has frozen up. I completed all of the hidden objects, but the game will not back out of the close-in picture. I have uninstalled and reinstalled twice. I did a DxDiag test, I checked with DirectX and it said I have the latest version with no need for updates. I have reinstalled again and still it goes right back to the same scene and gets stuck. Is there any fix or patch for this game that will help. Please advise or provide assistance. I really like the game and wish to continue, but not if it is going to keep freezing at this point. I noticed in the forum that another player had the exact same difficulty at the exact same point in the game. Other than the hidden object scene freezing the rest of the screen is responding just fine. The hints frog works, the menu works, the strategy guide appears when clicked, but even though all objects are accounted for, it absolutely will not let me back out of the completed close-in hidden object scene.

pkrh
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by pkrh on Nov 15, 10 12:11 AM
After I used the acid on the mesh in the elevator to reveal the "hole" I used the oxygen to go down and play the HOG. The crossbow and dynamite didn't go into my inventory, and I can't go farther in the game without them. I can't go back down the "hole". Any fixes so I don't have to start over?

[Post New]by pikespeak62 on Nov 16, 10 3:06 PM
I had the same problem in the room with the golden man (magician?)
I uninstalled and reinstalled...just brought me back to the **** screen that I couldn't exit before.
I then went back to the menu and replayed from the start with a new identity.
It worked !!

gaylele
Guppy
Guppy
137 Posts

[Post New]by gaylele on Nov 16, 10 7:14 PM
I uninstalled and reinstalled as well. Didn't help my problem either. Now playing with a different profile, but having problems there as well. Contacted customer support, and they sent an email with a link to "Dr Felix" that got info about my system. Now awaiting a reply....hopefully with a fix. Hope they can help other fishies as well.

Hazel53Xby
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by Hazel53Xby on Nov 17, 10 9:38 AM
I got to Chapter 9 and the same thing happened to me that has happened to torriekay. The car was following the villain's car and got to the gate . The game started to load next chapter and then FROZE. I, also had to switch my computer off as CNTRL ALT and DEL would not work. The game was getting exciting and I want to see what happens at the end. Is there going to be a patch to put this right? The game played fine till Chapter 9. LOL

mcbay111
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

[Post New]by mcbay111 on Nov 18, 10 2:04 PM
I just purchased this game after enjoying the trial and boom the darned game will not let me out of the hidden object scene . I found all the objects and then nothingness. Cant go down up right or left so here I am stuck in the game lol. Not real funny though cause I did like the game ....at first. jacki

Go to: