bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

Post any Antiques Roadshow technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Nov 12, 10 8:51 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

Edited on 11/12/2010 at 8:52:07 AM PST

Olive604
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

Re:Post any Antiques Roadshow technical issues here only

[Post New]by Olive604 on Nov 12, 10 5:34 PM
Tried loading and it immediately crashed and had to hard boot the system. I have a very old computer using the XP Home. I have found it very frusterating ove the past year as I have not been able to play many games because of my old driver. . Refuse to buy a new computer to play BF games. I wished that they would let you know beforehand that your system is not going to work.. Remind me of Beta for all you old folks.

amj0963
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,544 Posts

[Post New]by amj0963 on Nov 12, 10 9:26 PM
i get the message antiqueroadshow.exe has stopped working a problem caused the program to stop working correctly. windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is found.

all my drivers and adobe and everything is up to date so i have no clue and this is the first game that has happened to. i did send cs a note so hopefully they can fix it as i would have loved to have tried this game.

eta uninstalling and reinstalling did not fix the issue

Edited on 11/12/2010 at 9:37:57 PM PST

donald147
Lobster
Lobster
98 Posts

[Post New]by donald147 on Nov 12, 10 10:40 PM
Game crashed right after I solved the authenticity certificate puzzle for the Chinese dress. It played the roadshow opening screen movie, but won't go the the show itself. Tried restarting and got same issue. If I click to skip the movie it crashes right away. Gave following error:

AntiquesRoadShow.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Technical report said:
AppName: antiquesroadshow.exe AppVer: 0.0.0.0 ModName: ct_oal.dll
ModVer: 5.12.1.1201 Offset: 0001cf8c

Oops, forgot to add that I also had to turn the music off every time I started the game instead of it staying off.

Edited on 11/13/2010 at 9:08:49 AM PST

Lisa522
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,850 Posts

[Post New]by Lisa522 on Nov 12, 10 11:02 PM
Having pretty much the same issue as amj and Donald. I had just completed the certificate for the silk robe, and suddenly I got music playing (I had silence up until that point). When the music started playing, my speakers were making a crackling noise right before it (for a minute, I thought it was a mouse in my house! LOL) After that, I got the message "Game has stopped working" and had to exit out. I tried reinstalling the game and resuming, but each time it would play the music, it would give the same result. Entered and exited a few times, even tried going into Options to turn the music off (not sure if it was just volume control or what) but when I'd go back in, the music would still play, loud as ever and "game has stopped working".

I had been enjoying myself in the game up until that point - in fact, I had been planning on buying it.

All of my drivers are extremely up to date. I have sometimes had sound issues with OpenAL games before but never one that I wasn't able to solve by using an older version of the DLL. In this case, that didn't even work. By the way, the technical issues mentioned above are with the game installed "as is" (not with the other DLL - I tried that AFTER all else failed, and that didn't work either).

Hazel53Xby
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by Hazel53Xby on Nov 13, 10 7:33 AM
I have also encountered the same problem as others regarding exe issue after certificate puzzle for the chinese dress. Same as everyone else I have uninstalled and reinstalled but it didn't work. Apart from tiny hidden objects, the game is good, story good and I thought worth a credit till that point. Shame about technical hitch. I have XP if this makes a difference.

BobbiH
Starfish
Starfish
58 Posts

[Post New]by BobbiH on Nov 13, 10 8:48 AM
Just for the record, it's not a Big Fish issue (or at least not only). Just to check, I downloaded the trial version directly from Namco and got the same crash on the opening screen.

And my computer is totally up-to-date which was verified when I sent a report to BFG following an issue I was having with another game.

Edited on 11/13/2010 at 8:49:54 AM PST

Donick2
Minnow
Minnow
255 Posts

[Post New]by Donick2 on Nov 13, 10 2:39 PM
Mine won't open either but when I played demo from another site it ran perfectly so I think this proves it IS a BF issue
Are we going to get a fix or not as if you can't fix it I will buy it elsewhere

[Post New]by daisyduck352 on Nov 13, 10 2:42 PM
Same thing happend to me. Got to BF screen and then got message windows has to shut down will notify if there is a solution. Uninstalled and it did the same thing. I have a new desktop with Windows 7? Has lots of memory and hard drive. I really wanted to try this game.

[Post New]by staceyp26 on Nov 14, 10 5:01 AM
I found the secret item in the Washington military bunker but the game is stating that I still have to find a concealed item. I can't move on from that point in the game. Is this a glitch?

ykempy
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by ykempy on Nov 14, 10 9:43 AM
Will not open for me either and I played it no problem at dev's site.

bfgDonau
Flounder
Flounder
2,464 Posts

[Post New]by bfgDonau on Nov 14, 10 10:57 AM
Hi Fishies,

Thanks so much for posting about the antiqueroadshow.exe has stopped working errors that you're running into.

The following help article may help:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If you continue to have problems with the game, please get in touch with Customer Support as they'll be able to help further. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

Customer Support can be reached by clicking on the green envelope on the right-hand side of this page and then on the “Contact Us” section on the bottom left of the next page. Once you’ve entered your question and clicked to “Check for Answers,” you’ll be led to our Help pages. If these haven’t helped, your question can be submitted from here.

If you’re a Big Fish Game Club member, you can also connect to one of our Live Chat representatives from 9:30am-4:30pm PST Monday-Friday. To get started, just visit your “My Game Club” page.

Thanks!

-bfgDonau

valeriepres
Lobster
Lobster
95 Posts

[Post New]by valeriepres on Nov 17, 10 1:56 PM
amj0963 wrote:i get the message antiqueroadshow.exe has stopped working a problem caused the program to stop working correctly. windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is found.

all my drivers and adobe and everything is up to date so i have no clue and this is the first game that has happened to. i did send cs a note so hopefully they can fix it as i would have loved to have tried this game.

I get the same message on my PC. I have a new PC only 6 months old Windows 7 64 bit. Is your PC the same? Customer service hasn't helped me with this game. I did a Dr Felix scan and they came back and said that everything was up to date.
I have a feeling that Big Fish games will not work on Windows 7 64 bit. I think they should get up to date with their technology. This game WILL work on my old PC however. Its a good job I kept it!!

amj0963
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,544 Posts

[Post New]by amj0963 on Nov 17, 10 11:55 PM
valeriepres wrote:
amj0963 wrote:i get the message antiqueroadshow.exe has stopped working a problem caused the program to stop working correctly. windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is found.

I get the same message on my PC. I have a new PC only 6 months old Windows 7 64 bit. Is your PC the same? Customer service hasn't helped me with this game. I did a Dr Felix scan and they came back and said that everything was up to date.
I have a feeling that Big Fish games will not work on Windows 7 64 bit. I think they should get up to date with their technology. This game WILL work on my old PC however. Its a good job I kept it!!

no my pc is a windows vista that i have had for over a year and it is a 32 bit. i got no help either from customer service however they gave me a game credit but i really wanted to play this game. i tried to download on another site and got exactly the same message, oh well. maybe i will try it on my laptop it is also a vista but who knows.

eta i did a dxdiag and sent to customer service and they said that everything i had was up to date as well. which it should be as i update everything at least every 2 months or so.

Edited on 11/17/2010 at 11:56:51 PM PST

ykempy
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by ykempy on Nov 18, 10 1:46 AM
Have downloaded from gamehouse and it plays, takes me to where I finished playing the demo from the devs, whats that all about!

Lost all of my tools.

[Post New]by BeachShiba on Nov 27, 10 10:58 PM
I have now purchased this game twice hoping to fix a glitch. It has only brought me back to the same place. When I got to the saloon and used the hat pin to open the jewelry box, all of my tools except my hammer dissapeared! I have no plunger to remove the mirror, and in the barn, no pitchfork to remove the hay. All I have is a hammer and I have spent two full weeks clicking on everything, etc. I was fine up until this point. So I purchased the game again, and all it did was bring me back to where I was. Help!!

keitaya
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by keitaya on Apr 21, 12 10:16 PM
The game loaded and started playing fine but it will not let my cursor down into the bottom quarter of the screen (looking top to bottom) where the inventory and help buttons are.

Jani417
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by Jani417 on Sep 8, 13 10:45 PM
Just downloaded and installed Antiques Roadshow on my brand new computer with Windows 8. It keeps closing the program. I did get a message that said something about changing to a 4400 x 900 resolution, but I have no idea how to do this. I'm still learning to use Windows 8 and will appreciate any help you can give me.

[Post New]by cruzreal on Dec 15, 13 7:37 PM
have just started game and reached a section about choosing an avatar. So far so good. Once I select an avatar I'm asked for a name except no matter who I choose or whatever name I use I'm told that that name is alredy taken and cannot get out of this screen and must go to program manager and end the task to get out of the program. I've downloaded the bug fix and still have the problem. HELP!!!

[Post New]by karmin222 on Jan 29, 14 6:39 PM
I just purchased this game and when ever I try to play I receive this exe message:

"antiqueroadshow.exe has stopped working a problem caused the program to stop working correctly. windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is found.

What do I do now?

Go to: