Goop_10
Starfish
Starfish
53 Posts

Re:Your comments and reviews for Avenue Flo: Special Delivery

[Post New]by Goop_10 on Nov 13, 10 1:09 AM
I've played a bit of it already and i loved it. Better than the first one. Really like the opening song PF should make us download it

May be i will need a startegy guide...

Imberis
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,263 Posts

[Post New]by Imberis on Nov 13, 10 1:12 AM
This game is very cute! For those of you who don't like dash games, this is an adventure game, not a dash game! It just stars the main character from the Diner Dash games. If you liked the first Avenue Flo game, you'll probably like this one. The graphics are in the same Diner Dash cartoon style. The plot has to do with puppies and babies. While it's cutesy, it's not too terribly overbearing (at least what I've played so far). Some of the minigames might be a pain for people who can't move the mouse very quickly. You can skip them, but the skip button takes a few minutes to fill up. You also have to collect stray items around town, but I found most of them to be pretty easy to spot. My only real gripe with the game is that when you move from one area to the next, the screen moves, too. It kind of makes me dizzy, so I just have to look away.

doctorgood
Clownfish
Clownfish
589 Posts

[Post New]by doctorgood on Nov 13, 10 1:57 AM
goofyduck77 wrote:What she said (CasualGran). I don't usually play these Flo games. I played a little bit though but stopped after "Flo" strolled by a trash can and said "Shame, Throwing away a perfectly good cat."

It really does seem a shame though. I have read that, if prepared properly they taste very much like rabbit!
Dr.good

[Post New]by crazybluegirl200 on Nov 13, 10 2:33 AM
So far I like this game just like I liked the first one. It is an adventure game and not a time management like the other Dash game. The mini games are simple but challenging so far. They start off easy then get harder. I wanted to check the blog walkthrough before buying but who am I kidding, I'm buying no matter how long the game is.

aline_c
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by aline_c on Nov 13, 10 3:07 AM
Spoiler ....

ticket 33 is on the table at the restaurant.
Cookbook is in the library...

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on Nov 13, 10 3:41 AM
doctorgood wrote:
goofyduck77 wrote:What she said (CasualGran). I don't usually play these Flo games. I played a little bit though but stopped after "Flo" strolled by a trash can and said "Shame, Throwing away a perfectly good cat."

It really does seem a shame though. I have read that, if prepared properly they taste very much like rabbit!
Dr.good

DR. GOOD! How could you, and you having cats at home . Shame on you. LOL!

KIW0612
Herring
Herring
376 Posts

[Post New]by KIW0612 on Nov 13, 10 4:26 AM
I doubt BF is making too many of our GUY fishies happy with this one. It is absolutely adorable and very much like the first Avenue Flo. I'm not a fan of TM games (I'm too slow and don't like stressing over a game) but this game, played in Adventure mode is a nice break from the DARK plots we usually play. How many games do you play that make you chuckle? I've played the demo hour and a bit more and have EVERYTHING (even the first subway token) but I am stuck finding the last 2 balloons. The game page has a link to the walkthrough - but nothing is there. Anyone have a corrected link?

thanks,
KIW0612

KIW0612
Herring
Herring
376 Posts

[Post New]by KIW0612 on Nov 13, 10 4:30 AM
Just trying to delete a post with wrong info. Got too excited about finding the walkthrough - it was for the 1st Avenue Flo.

Edited on 11/13/2010 at 4:33:58 AM PST

angelfishp
Catfish
Catfish
1,600 Posts

[Post New]by angelfishp on Nov 13, 10 4:37 AM
Thanks for the great review CasualGran. I loved the first Avenue Flo and I can't wait to try this one.

sparkle76
Marlin
Marlin
9,781 Posts

[Post New]by sparkle76 on Nov 13, 10 5:08 AM
KIW0612 wrote:I doubt BF is making too many of our GUY fishies happy with this one. It is absolutely adorable and very much like the first Avenue Flo. I'm not a fan of TM games (I'm too slow and don't like stressing over a game) but this game, played in Adventure mode is a nice break from the DARK plots we usually play. How many games do you play that make you chuckle? I've played the demo hour and a bit more and have EVERYTHING (even the first subway token) but I am stuck finding the last 2 balloons. The game page has a link to the walkthrough - but nothing is there. Anyone have a corrected link?

thanks,
KIW0612

when you click on the link there is still nothing there but on the right hand side you will see a short list of recent posts, and under that heading you will see a link avenue flo: special delivery click on that and it will get you to the walkthru!

karen876
Catfish
Catfish
1,524 Posts

[Post New]by karen876 on Nov 13, 10 5:15 AM
I can see me buying this game. I bought the first one but could not finish it as I could not do the dance game in the gym (not dexterous enough on the mouse) but if I now have the option to skip the mini-games then I'm happy. Thanks for the reviews.

[Post New]by hydrogibbon on Nov 13, 10 6:47 AM
I agree Karen. I too can't get through the exercise routine in the first avenue flo. I was enjoying the game until them. Hearing this one has a skip button will probably make it a buy for me. Thanks developers. I probably could have done it 20 or 30 years ago but my eye hand coordination has gone down as my age has gone up.

RyeMcLaughlin
Stingray
Stingray
4,659 Posts

[Post New]by RyeMcLaughlin on Nov 13, 10 6:49 AM
I liked the first one and this one is even better. The story is silly, but fun. The colors are bright, the animations very simple.

The mini games are different. There are several levels to each and they get progressively harder. So far there is a logic game where you dress the babies and a book sorting game which is great, but does require fast mouse skills. It would be fun to be able to play them again without having to play the whole game.

I'm almost finished with the demo time and I haven't finished the first of the three neighborhoods. I haven't skipped anything. I was wandering around trying to find the last of the bottles to recycle, so that ate up some time, but I felt great when I finally found it.

This is a definite buy for me. The only question is do I wait to see if there is a Thanksgiving sale or use a credit.

edited for clarity

Edited on 11/13/2010 at 6:50:45 AM PST

[Post New]by kassandra327 on Nov 13, 10 7:01 AM
This is my first post and I have yet to play the game, but the cat line might be an homage to Better Off Dead. I am probably wrong but here is the line about throwing away a perfectly good white boy in the movie. Now off to play the game.

kitty1
Flounder
Flounder
2,194 Posts

[Post New]by kitty1 on Nov 13, 10 7:42 AM
I was lucky enough to beta this one so got to play the 1st third, assuming they haven't changed much. If you liked the first, you will like this one. The main improvement is that you can skip the mini-games--I know people had trouble with the gym in the first one. Had a lot of trouble finding the last balloon to move to the subway--would have been nice to have a hint system for finding the balloons. All in all though, a cute & fun game

snapnhiss
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by snapnhiss on Nov 13, 10 7:58 AM
kassandra327 wrote:This is my first post and I have yet to play the game, but the cat line might be an homage to Better Off Dead. I am probably wrong but here is the line about throwing away a perfectly good white boy in the movie. Now off to play the game.

That's one of the best lines from a very funny movie.

I'm interested after reading that this isn't time management but what exactly does adventure mean in this case? Point and click like in Syberia?

mhatfie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,447 Posts

[Post New]by mhatfie on Nov 13, 10 7:59 AM
For lack of anything else to play, and because of all the good reviews on this game, I decided to give it a try. Lo and and behold and much to my amazement
" I really like it " It is cute AND fun. Love the part where you have to sort the books (good for hand/eye coordination especially when you get older) This is kinda like "Mr Rogers neighborhood" just walking around and talking to all the folks while doing little chores here and there. ( Why do I feel like baking an apple pie all of a sudden?) This is probably not a guy game (unless maybe you want to bring out the "girlie" side in you).

Edited on 11/13/2010 at 8:03:12 AM PST

QEIII
Herring
Herring
329 Posts

[Post New]by QEIII on Nov 13, 10 8:05 AM
Loved the first one and will be buying this. Definitely an adventure: it is NOT a Time Management game. Very humorous and lots of different games to play. Not really a HOG in the usual sense but you still have to find things to do tasks for people.

[Post New]by timemgmtluvr on Nov 13, 10 8:38 AM
Love the Dash/Flo games, bought this one as soon as I logged on the site this morning. Just got through the first map, lovin' it so far!

[Post New]by MemorableMovies on Nov 13, 10 8:49 AM
goofyduck77 wrote:
doctorgood wrote:

Dr.good

Oh noooooooooooooooo, say it ain't so!

(I did go back and played a little more but got stuck - I couldn't find the "33" ticket or the cookbook -- the rest of the time I'm going to devote to figuring out a way to save the cat -- or doctorgood - whichever comes first. )

ROFLMAO..... good one Goofyduck I played the 1st one and really liked it. After reading the reviews here, I can't wait to get this one. I'm downloading it as I type and am expecting it to be as good as Avenue Flo if not better!

Go to: