gamergirl675
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,156 Posts

Snake/Lion puzzle help??

[Post New]by gamergirl675 on Nov 14, 10 12:48 AM
I know I've done these before with no problem but for some reason my brain seems to be on vacation tonight.

And the help in the strategy guide is beyond stupid... I don't know how they thought it would help but it doesn't. The steps they show don't even make sense. The first one I think they just made a mistake since they start with the opposite... completed... puzzle. Then they use the step number in the blank spot and it moves to opposite sides of the puzzle in one move in the SG... huh?!?! If I could figure it out myself I would but leaving out a bunch of moves really is no help. And stop laughing at me I know I'm being dumb tonight. (Probably has to do with the billion pain meds I had to take... maybe I should go play something easier LOL but I was trying to take my mind of my pain... yep it's one of THOSE weekends... can't even work on my NANOWRIMO novel.)

So if anyone has any advice I'd really appreciate it.

(If Snake/Lion isn't a good enough description it's the game where you have five medallions (Lions) on one side, then a blank spot, then five more (Snakes) on the other and you have to make them switch sides so that all the snakes and lions are on the opposite side from where they started.)

THANKS!!!

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

Re:Snake/Lion puzzle help??

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Nov 14, 10 1:02 AM
Hi there,
The solution to this type of puzzle is to ensure that you always have an alternative/colour/character etc in the line-up. Depending on the number of pieces to be moved, some jump others move forward.
Takes time and patience, but eventually you will get there.
Hit the reset button if you have two of the same tiles next to each other to start again.
I always have problem with this type of puzzle, but the above suggestion will work - eventually!!

gamergirl675
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,156 Posts

[Post New]by gamergirl675 on Nov 14, 10 1:07 AM
DragonLadyOz wrote:Hi there,
The solution to this type of puzzle is to ensure that you always have an alternative/colour/character etc in the line-up. Depending on the number of pieces to be moved, some jump others move forward.
Takes time and patience, but eventually you will get there.
Hit the reset button if you have two of the same tiles next to each other to start again.
I always have problem with this type of puzzle, but the above suggestion will work - eventually!!

Thanks DragonLady!

b00kworm
Clownfish
Clownfish
912 Posts

[Post New]by b00kworm on Nov 14, 10 1:35 AM
In the beginning, move one of either (lion or snake), let one of the others jump it, then move one of the others and let the first you moved jump it. Make sure you always keep a pattern of lion, snake, lion, snake and so on until you reach the other side. Then make sure you keep the pattern until there's none of the other tiles ahead any longer.

[Post New]by Audrocl on May 5, 13 11:53 AM
EASY! Just always space it out, and make sure your lion always has a snake to jump over and your snake has a lion to jump over. Pattern.

Go to: