naedebpat
Guppy
Guppy
108 Posts

levels?

[Post New]by naedebpat on Nov 14, 10 1:39 AM
The 1st Season Match had 100 levels I believe. How many does this one have?

rhorho
Minnow
Minnow
256 Posts

Re:levels?

[Post New]by rhorho on Nov 14, 10 1:46 AM
I'd like to know this also. I kind of liked this one. Not too keen on M3, but this one caught my attention. I dont want to buy it if it ends too soon. I am on level 16 now.

mouseclick2
Squid
Squid
75 Posts

[Post New]by mouseclick2 on Nov 14, 10 4:11 AM
Regardless of levels I don't see this game posing any kind of a challenge for match 3 lovers like myself. The "click on groups" factor quickly destroys levels no matter what obstacles lay in the way. A wonderful hour of game play, but I don't expect a challenge beyond what I've seen during the trial. This game does not leave me craving a need to see what lays ahead. The mini games just seem to get in the way, since they seem so elementary and are quickly solved.

pecabo1338
Clownfish
Clownfish
549 Posts

[Post New]by pecabo1338 on Nov 15, 10 8:12 AM
I'm on level 136 and just started September - so there are 4 more months left.

Also there's an Arcade mode.

Finished - between 178 and 180 levels

The game ended before I could check it out

Also you can't go back - it starts a new game

Edited on 11/15/2010 at 12:29:04 PM PST

kdubs
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,480 Posts

[Post New]by kdubs on Nov 15, 10 2:56 PM
Hello, I'm in Story mode on level 74 and I believe just started June. If straight math works, seems maybe upwards of 150 levels? Might the later months have even more boards? They are certainly getting more complex which is fun.
I see Pecabo1338 mentioned 178-180 levels, was that Arcade or Story?
I look forward to Arcade where competing against my best scores will keep me playing. I think I almost wore out SM#1 because I played the Arcade mode so much.
For brain-bending challenge there's much tougher M-3s as many of us know, but this game is relaxing and I think the artwork is beautiful. Really happy with this purchase!
Kellie

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on Nov 15, 10 3:46 PM
I have not played the game to the finish but in the game program folder there are 182 files that are available to load in the story mode.

annatar
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
425 Posts

[Post New]by annatar on Nov 16, 10 5:31 PM
Just finished the story mode, and yes there is about 180 levels. it's taken me at least 6-7 hours to get this far, so its a good long game. In addition, the arcade mode lets you play an additional 10 levels (i think) for each month, so that'll be another 120 levels or so. And besides, the replay value is great.

Edited on 11/16/2010 at 5:32:55 PM PST

[Post New]by gift_of_reading on Nov 18, 10 2:52 AM
Has anyone gotten past the last game in November in Arcade mode? It keeps me playing the same layout over and over. I exited the game and reentered; no change. Then I exited the game AND exited Game Manager; no change. I keep repeating the last game in November. I'm assuming that there are additional layouts in December and then perhaps more since the castle pictures at the end of each month's row are "locked." I'm assuming as well that those would be unlocked after the completion of the December row.

[Post New]by DbIMok on Nov 18, 10 4:32 AM
you need earn all the Suns in the row for unlock

dee1954
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by dee1954 on Nov 18, 10 11:42 PM
has anyone unlocked the end levels in arcade mode???? i have done them all and someone said you have to have a sun in ev level to unlock well that is rather difficult how does anyone get all suns???? is there some kind of secret i am missing or do you have to do it in less time... i have played one over and over and cant seem to get that sun... thanks anything will help....

kwcoburn
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by kwcoburn on Nov 20, 10 10:52 PM
I am confused - in this version of season match it seemed to me that the levels are actually the coins you have collected. Am I wrong?

kwcoburn
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by kwcoburn on Nov 20, 10 10:54 PM
I am confused - in this version of season match it seemed to me that the levels are actually the coins you have collected. Am I wrong?

dee1954
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by dee1954 on Nov 21, 10 4:03 AM
ok have opened one locked in arcade mode but does nothing... so what the heck is up with these levels.... i got all sun it is unlocked now you cant play it or anything.,. so what does that mean that you have to unlock them all..... now i am really baffled....

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on Nov 21, 10 4:54 AM
dee1954 wrote:ok have opened one locked in arcade mode but does nothing... so what the heck is up with these levels.... i got all sun it is unlocked now you cant play it or anything.,. so what does that mean that you have to unlock them all..... now i am really baffled....
In arcade mode when you get all gold In a month it unlocks a picture. The picture that represents that month's home or castle is added to the background scene that comes up when you start the arcade mode.

JerryInWales
Guppy
Guppy
151 Posts

[Post New]by JerryInWales on Dec 1, 10 8:40 AM
As others have said, you have to get all suns for a month to unlock the picture at the end.

You can get a sun for any month by "cashing in" the coin in the top right corner: click on it and drag to the sun/moon in the lower right, which resets the timer to 0 and gives you back the sun.

If you do this just before the end of the game (e.g. you've had the butterfly show you which is the last tile to break), the timer is reset to 0 and you ought then to be able to get the sun score.

The "time" coins are not keyed to a particular game; you can pick up the coin icons in any game, and once you've collected enough you can use the complete token for any of the arcade frames.

Is it possible to do every frame in the expected time? I don't believe it!

Go to: