bfgDonau
Flounder
Flounder
2,464 Posts

Post any Season Match: Curse of the Witch Crow technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgDonau on Nov 14, 10 8:56 AM
If you are having problems getting Season Match: Curse of the Witch Crow to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

eleph
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
4 Posts

Re:Post any Season Match: Curse of the Witch Crow technical issues here only

[Post New]by eleph on Nov 14, 10 11:54 AM
It down loaded good but when I try to play I get SM3.EXE stopped working. I do not know what that means.

grandmoma
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by grandmoma on Nov 15, 10 5:36 PM
I have the exact same problem.....get all ready to play sm3.exe stops working according to the window that pops up....

Phoebelle
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by Phoebelle on Nov 17, 10 1:35 AM
I'm enjoying the game - fairly gentle, gorgeous graphics etc. However, if I leave it for a while, or Alt-tab to check email, I get the 'blue screen of death' and can't get back into the game. Have to use task manager to shut it down, and then open up again. It's not a major hassle, just a pain

dregester
Squid
Squid
71 Posts

[Post New]by dregester on Nov 17, 10 7:09 PM
I have the thing I hate the most-floating curser. I couldn't see that it could be turned off in options. Played 12 minutes and gave up.

[Post New]by MomaJoRae on Nov 17, 10 8:26 PM
There is no Customer Service link on the front page of the Help pages. There seems to be no way to solve the first of the Feburary level (The wizard is loose, but you are on the first level) How do I contact someone for help. It also crashes in this level. (I have the Crash folder, but no where to send it)

Edited on 11/17/2010 at 8:27:22 PM PST

Ann070558
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by Ann070558 on Nov 17, 10 10:43 PM
I have completed the game in both story and arcade mode. When playing in the arcade mode, I have completed all the levels, but the last game in each level has
remained locked. I've gone through the all the seasons, and it continually wants to
replay the last game in the last level.
Any suggestions?

[Post New]by gift_of_reading on Nov 18, 10 2:59 AM
I'm having a similar problem. I'm getting hung up at the last game in November in Arcade mode. The game will not advance to December, and I'm assuming that there is a December row of layouts.

trixie7533
Lobster
Lobster
92 Posts

[Post New]by trixie7533 on Nov 18, 10 2:37 PM
downloaded very good but unable to install. And thats the message I get .

[Post New]by choppo12 on Nov 19, 10 3:29 AM
My game keeps crashing and freezing and then a window pops up and says "OOPs Your game crashed the file no is "crash_2010-11-19-201504" Is there anyway to fix this problem because more and more big fish games I purchase lately the more and more problem seem to be accuring.

Zacx
Lobster
Lobster
90 Posts

[Post New]by Zacx on Nov 20, 10 12:39 PM
Phoebelle wrote:I'm enjoying the game - fairly gentle, gorgeous graphics etc. However, if I leave it for a while, or Alt-tab to check email, I get the 'blue screen of death' and can't get back into the game. Have to use task manager to shut it down, and then open up again. It's not a major hassle, just a pain

I get the same thing. Did you get a response, Phoebelle? I didn't see one here but may have missed it.

Season Match: Curse of the Witch Crow technical issues - won't even download

[Post New]by taylrmom on Nov 22, 10 2:10 PM
I've been trying for 4 days to just download the game and nothing I've tried works. Very frustrating, and yes, I've contacted support and tried what they suggested.

bfgDonau
Flounder
Flounder
2,464 Posts

[Post New]by bfgDonau on Nov 22, 10 2:50 PM
Hi taylrmom!

If you're continuing to have trouble installing Season Match: Curse of the Witch Crow after talking to support, be sure to let them know so that they can continue to help further.

They have a lot of tricks up their sleeves and we definitely want to be sure that you're able to get the game downloaded and to be sure that you're not stuck with a game that you can't use. Please try to give them as much information as you can (for example error numbers or messages), and they'll be happy to keep working with you.

For anyone else looking to get in touch with Customer Support for the first time, they can be reached by clicking on the green envelope on the right-hand side of this page and then on the "Contact Us" section on the bottom left of the next page. Once you've entered your question and clicked to "Check for Answers," you'll be led to our Help pages. If these haven't helped, your question can be submitted from here.

If you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can also connect to one of our Live Chat representatives from 9:30am-4:30pm PST Monday-Friday. To get started, just visit your “My Game Club" page.

Hope this helps!

-bfgDonau

JerryInWales
Guppy
Guppy
151 Posts

[Post New]by JerryInWales on Nov 25, 10 7:25 AM
I've played the game right through, and most of the arcade, enjoyed the game, but occasionally it hangs on startup, and occasionally hangs when "click to continue".

No obvious reason for this, and it's no great hassle but useful to record here. 90% of sessions are quite OK.

For the record: Windows XP up-to-date, AVG anti-virus (which could be the problem). One workaround to allow other things to be done: Alt-Tab will either offer a choice of other programs already running, or if there's nothing else going on, will take you to the desktop. I think a couple of times, SM3 has eventually woken up again and continued as though nothing had happened. "What? Me hanging? I feel fine!"

JerryInWales
Guppy
Guppy
151 Posts

[Post New]by JerryInWales on Nov 25, 10 9:27 AM
I've played the game right through, and most of the arcade, enjoyed the game, but occasionally it hangs on startup, and occasionally hangs when "click to continue".

No obvious reason for this, and it's no great hassle but useful to record here. 90% of sessions are quite OK.

For the record: Windows XP up-to-date, AVG anti-virus (which could be the problem). One workaround to allow other things to be done: Alt-Tab will either offer a choice of other programs already running, or if there's nothing else going on, will take you to the desktop. I think a couple of times, SM3 has eventually woken up again and continued as though nothing had happened. "What? Me hanging? I feel fine!"

madstitcher54
Squid
Squid
62 Posts

[Post New]by madstitcher54 on Nov 25, 10 9:57 AM
I too am having trouble with the arcade. I finished the whole thing and unlocked the last ones, but the only one that glows is the last one in December. When I finished the July one, I was able to play the additional one, since then nothing.

I have even uninstalled and reinstalled. Just took me back to where I was with the same problem.

Any Fix!!??

Tech help page is way too general to answer our specific question. Does anyone ever get a programmer fix?

Edited on 11/25/2010 at 10:00:05 AM PST

jacqu68
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by jacqu68 on Nov 25, 10 11:58 AM
game crashed. the oops message said to send this crash folder crash 2010-11-25-11234 Thank you

jacqu

geohunter
Starfish
Starfish
53 Posts

[Post New]by geohunter on Nov 28, 10 8:37 PM
I was able to download the game but sometimes the game would slow down unexpectedly. In the arcade mode, I couldn't get beyond the last game of November as it kept repeating it and it remained locked as did the other seasons. Then, the game kept crashing or the menu would just show up and hang. I had to delete the game because of all the trouble I had.

ntmr
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by ntmr on Dec 4, 10 4:10 AM
From this month the updated version of game is accessible. Download game again and in most cases your problems will be solved.

Marciepie
Guppy
Guppy
121 Posts

[Post New]by Marciepie on Dec 12, 10 11:37 AM
Hello BF, I think it's time for you to step in and help us with all the questions on the arcade level and not getting the December games. Either we finished the game and there is nothing more, or something is not quite right. Some of us have written to URSE and have not gotten a response. Will you please address this issue. I know I would appreciate it and apparently a lot of others would too.

Go to: