bfgImbrium
Manatee
Manatee
4,236 Posts

Your Comments and Reviews for Millionaire Manor: The Hidden Object Show

[Post New]by bfgImbrium on Nov 15, 10 12:17 AM
Hey Fishies! What do you think of Millionaire Manor: The Hidden Object Show? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments, opinions, hints and tips in this thread!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

Happy gaming!

bfgImbrium

april445
Guppy
Guppy
140 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Millionaire Manor: The Hidden Object Show

[Post New]by april445 on Nov 15, 10 1:04 AM
No problems with this game on download or play. That said not a game for me. The voice of the bad guy is irritating. The story is the same old tired one of the missing grandfather and perky granddaughter. The rooms are a little hazy and items can be hard to see even with a hint. You keep getting interrupted by the bonus rounds which you have to play to get tokens. I guess I'm getting spoiled with all the really excellent games that have come out lately. This one seems like a cheap knockoff.

Poutoule
Archerfish
Archerfish
41,630 Posts

[Post New]by Poutoule on Nov 15, 10 1:15 AM
One good comment, one bad...Downloading (though I get a tired with these disapppearing grandfathers), will let you know.

doctorgood
Clownfish
Clownfish
589 Posts

[Post New]by doctorgood on Nov 15, 10 1:18 AM
I can't improve on casualgrans review after playing a 1/2 hr. It does have some STD's which I know a lot of people detest so be warned! It also repeats the scenes quite a bit but with different games. It's strange and different enough I think I'll buy it.( besides, I do so hope she's able to rescue her helpless grandfather and I must find out if it's to be! )
Dr.good

Edited on 11/15/2010 at 1:19:17 AM PST

sinshack
Flounder
Flounder
2,150 Posts

[Post New]by sinshack on Nov 15, 10 1:31 AM
CasualGran and doctorgood, how do you think this game compares to the first in the series in "playability"? I know I cringed when I saw the game title, because there were very few HOG games that I really disliked, and the earlier game in this series was one of them - I was driven crazy by the bonus rounds and other gimicks in the first game. I know a lot of people really enjoyed them, but they simply got on my nerves and I felt they interfered with the flow of the game for me.

limey_scale
Guppy
Guppy
191 Posts

[Post New]by limey_scale on Nov 15, 10 1:35 AM
STD's = Spot The Difference

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on Nov 15, 10 1:39 AM
WARNING ...
There are grandadnappers on the loose again so please ensure that yours is always accompanied by a child or a responsible adult .

In this game you spin a wheel which decides what type of game you are going to play: Focus / List / Silhouette / Find 10 / Count Down / Eliminate / Spot the Difference to name but a few.

Well I lasted 35 minutes before deciding that I didn't want to continue ... why you ask ... because I HATE SPOT THE DIFFERENCE and I had to do 4 in the time I played!!! I had the same problem with the THOS: Season 2, I kept getting STD games .

In this one though although I landed on List after I had played that it used the same scene for me to find Silhouettes and STD all without spinning the wheel again and this despite the fact that I had put a skip chip on the wheel so it couldn't land on the STD one so what is the point of skip chips when you are going to have to play the one you are avoiding anyway. Does that make sense?

The skip chips I referred too are found in pieces when you see the words BONUS ROUND flash on the screen and you need to click on it quickly and find the pieces as fast as you can ... I managed to get 3 hints and 1 skip which, as you can see from the above, was a waste of time .

They have used a "wash" over most of the screen as a way of disguising the objects and I do not personally find this type of graphics appealing in any way shape or form. Another thing was I found the noise made when clicking on a correct object so irritating that I can't tell you if the music was good or bad .

C

sinshack
Flounder
Flounder
2,150 Posts

[Post New]by sinshack on Nov 15, 10 1:39 AM
CasualGran, I was just in the process of replying to your question, and when I was deleting part of the message I noticed you answered your own question.

OK, we're all getting a back-to-Junior-High thrill at being about to type STD but not the shorter version of HOG.......

Edited on 11/15/2010 at 1:47:36 AM PST

sinshack
Flounder
Flounder
2,150 Posts

[Post New]by sinshack on Nov 15, 10 1:46 AM
Thanks for the reply, CasualGran. Now that it's done downloading I'm going to give it a few minute's trial, but it sounds like I won't be buying. For those that do enjoy this type of game, I hope you have a lot of fun!

Hey, has anyone noticed how it's always the Grandpas that need rescuing, not the Grandmas? Then again, the Grandpas are always depicted as hale and hearty adventurers, and the Grandmas have "old lady" short white hair, half glasses, and frumpy dresses. I guess if they made them look like all the Grandmas I know, they'd be off getting lost, too.

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on Nov 15, 10 2:09 AM
Okay, let me sort this out now while the game is still fresh on my mind (what's left of it, made me feel kinda crazy). I never cared for the first HidObShows either. That emcee and the audience was so plastic and irritating, most game show type games, like Wheel of Fortune etc just not my style.

That said, I think I may like this because it seems to be a spoof of itself, rather campy. It's combining a lot of elements, lots of variety with different modes of play as told. You spin a wheel (so TVish silly) and where it stops is what your game is. I got List words, then 2 dreaded FTDs (Find,not flowers). Actually they were easier for me, easier to see than the HOGs. Then 2 find 10 same, musical notes very hard for me, 5 hints of 10 to move on. 10 butterflies, easy because saw those before, when same room was shown. THEN those sudden sparkles if you want to hit on the Bonus Rounds, find chards of poker chips in 10 seconds. Easier than I'd expect, big things, I'm no good on speed.

I must have done something for points (whole scoring confusing) because I was getting hints refreshed in 10 seconds. Didn't seem to have random click penalties, maybe I didn't do enough. No dark corners so far, but yes, the ambient sunlight through windows make some faded near light on white. Most items are small, but if you take your time you can see them.

I was playing relaxed I think, but feeling a sense of urgency (timed demo) and there is a blue bar bottom of scene which I saw move and thought it a life line so hurried up. But it is showing how far you are on that search, half full if only 50% found so far etc, and a number showing how many you found like 7 of 10, or is it 3 left (?). The premise was funny silly to me, making it a near horror show because poor gramps and others who lost the game are locked in their cages, can't go home til you win and free them, one a girl scout. Oh so campy if you like that kind of humor. Like what irritated me in other games is all pushed past the edge. OK, you don't like dark scenes? How bout too much daylight? Is this all on purpose? I really can't find negatives since they included everything I dislike, laughing at myself, okay I get the joke. I think I'm even talking back at the host who seems to be wanting to get on my nerves. He has taken an evil side turning it into a horror show locking up poor gramps. Are we tired of that or what?? Gogi didn't miss a thing. It is what it is so take a sense of humor with you.

Janie42
Clownfish
Clownfish
598 Posts

[Post New]by Janie42 on Nov 15, 10 2:29 AM
Fantastic reviews, everybody: THANKS!

yasure
Minnow
Minnow
217 Posts

[Post New]by yasure on Nov 15, 10 2:34 AM
This is bad. Must be made for a child. My opinion only.
Saturday and Sunday, no good game. Now it's Monday and still No good game. I hope it's a good one tomorrow!!

Poutoule
Archerfish
Archerfish
41,630 Posts

[Post New]by Poutoule on Nov 15, 10 2:35 AM
LOL Cherbtoo !! If you want to last more than one minute in this game, turn the sound off, it's dreadful and the voices, grrrr. Otherwise it might be a buy for me, will make a nice change from M3. Learnt something new "SDT" ! I hate them too, though these seems pretty easy. Nothing else worth buying and need one last punch to finish my card. Anyway will have to start a new one if MCF comes out.

Poutoule
Archerfish
Archerfish
41,630 Posts

[Post New]by Poutoule on Nov 15, 10 2:35 AM
LOL Cherbtoo !! If you want to last more than one minute in this game, turn the sound off, it's dreadful and the voices, grrrr. Otherwise it might be a buy for me, will make a nice change from M3. Learnt something new "SDT" ! I hate them too, though these seems pretty easy. Nothing else worth buying and need one last punch to finish my card. Anyway will have to start a new one if MCF comes out.

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on Nov 15, 10 2:38 AM
Okay where was I? Ran out of time on demo, ran out of space here. My whole life is a chain of "Now where was I?" moments trying to focus on anything without being interrupted. That struck me so funny when relaxed, intensely trying to find some small objects avoiding hints then BAM pops up another chance at a bonus round, click it and suddenly trying to beat a clock for 10 seconds with silly tv music playing to make it "fun", then suddenly back on a quiet hunt in a peaceful room, take your time, relax. That's what I meant when I felt it made me crazy, from rush out of nowhere back to okay where was I. I HATE INTERUPTIONS, and I think they got my number. But you can't say this game doesn't have variety, didn't feel tedious at all. I think the dev is as sick as saving grampa as we are so made it a silly spoof. Oh, the suspense, I just know I'm going to lose and both he and I will be locked up forever or until replay. Yes, there is a locked unlimited if you finish. Maybe that's when gramma comes out of hiding to free both of us, scolding us for playing these games getting ourselves in peril. There is the spook factor because it tells you in the beginning that this show does not exist anymore. Are we in a time warp, or is this some evil maniac luring folks in to win something?

Well, I was looking for something different. That it is, need one more punch on my card, I do feel "punchy", but I needed a grin, a silly spoof of what these other mystery games are doing to my psyche, dark murder mysteries, impending doom. Only thing I don't know is how many points I need to free gramps from his cage. At the rate I'm going with so many hints (accuracy penalized on score) I may be caged too by the end. Oh well, got a free code from last months so....... at least I'm not tromping around a deserted island fighting off evil spirits, and I know where gramps is, locked up in that cage with the other loser contestants. Next time I see someone in a soundproof cage on a game show I just know I'll giggle. Yeh, I'm nuts. Are we having fun yet?

besstan
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,053 Posts

[Post New]by besstan on Nov 15, 10 2:43 AM
this game not for me sorry did not like it besstsn

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on Nov 15, 10 3:16 AM
Strange game. Not for me.

doctorgood
Clownfish
Clownfish
589 Posts

[Post New]by doctorgood on Nov 15, 10 3:19 AM
sinshack wrote:CasualGran, I was just in the process of replying to your question, and when I was deleting part of the message I noticed you answered your own question.

OK, we're all getting a back-to-Junior-High thrill at being about to type STD but not the shorter version of HOG.......

You can do the shorter version. You just have to do it like this
"H0"
Dr.good.

[Post New]by EcclesCakes on Nov 15, 10 3:24 AM
The real deal this morning is "The Secrets of Da Vinci," for $2.99. This is a 4 year old adventure game that got good reviews and will give you 8 to 10 hours of entertaining play!

Eccles Cakes

elldee2728
Shark
Shark
14,378 Posts

[Post New]by elldee2728 on Nov 15, 10 3:26 AM
.I posted some brief comments in another thread and promised to do a "User" review when that forum went up--well here it is. GOGII has given us some really quality games in the past ("Robin's Quest...," for example), and this one ranks right up there. If you enjoyed "The Hidden Object Show I & II," then you'll like this one even more. Got a quirky Emcee, good game options, terrific graphics (although some of the hidden objects will test your observation skills), and (I think) loads and loads of different scenes to play around in. Pretty sure the Hint system is a rechargeable one (unlike the first two), and you'll probably need it from time to time. There are built-in "Bonus Rounds" which magically pop up from time-to-time where you can add to your winnings (WAY fun!). Little bit darker theme (excel at the games to "save" other contestants), but still a good time!

So far, this is just available on the GOGII website--download went smooth, installation went smooth, opening menu is good. I'm a big fan of this series--you should be too!

P.S. Update--now out on BFG.

Go to: