bfgImbrium
Manatee
Manatee
4,236 Posts

Post any Millionaire Manor: The Hidden Object Show technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgImbrium on Nov 15, 10 12:18 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

doctorgood
Clownfish
Clownfish
589 Posts

Re:Post any Millionaire Manor: The Hidden Object Show technical issues here only

[Post New]by doctorgood on Nov 15, 10 12:37 AM
Well.....it loads slow to start off with. I've been waiting for a 1/2 hr. and my PC always downloads twice as fast as the projected large file warning pop-up thingee.HMMM, I hope that's not a precursor.
Dr.good
p.s. I'll be back

nwr1948x
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
15,360 Posts

Re:Post any Millionaire Manor: The Hidden Object Show technical issues here only

[Post New]by nwr1948x on Nov 15, 10 2:19 AM
Loaded fine for me,but crashed and almost took my computer with it !
Doesn't really matter as although it looks like an unusual game,it's not for
me.
Waiting for the SEs of some of the great CEs that are on this site.

scpotamus
Herring
Herring
309 Posts

[Post New]by scpotamus on Nov 15, 10 7:50 AM
Uh oh! Seems completely buggy. objects showing from previous scenes in bonus rounds. background element showing on top of dialog scenes. Took a full 2 minutes to close...may still not be closed completely...This one needs some tweeking I think. Might want to wait till an update is posted.

redrosesdz
Catfish
Catfish
1,691 Posts

[Post New]by redrosesdz on Nov 15, 10 8:32 AM
It installed and played fine for me. The problem was uninstalling. It tried to uninstall for 30 minutes, which hung up the game manager. I finally went into my control panel and uninstalled from there. That seemed to work and I got my game manager back.

RainbowElf
Herring
Herring
308 Posts

[Post New]by RainbowElf on Nov 15, 10 9:56 AM
This game seemed alright and then it would freeze or go jumpy then work fine again, but with time it went all silly yet again.

I really liked this game as it was a little different, but I will not be buying it if it is going to keep freezing and be all jumpy.

I could not do some of the bonus levels as it would freeze then when it sorted itself out the time had gone...Grr!

caseymom
Minnow
Minnow
206 Posts

[Post New]by caseymom on Nov 15, 10 11:20 AM
Had the same problems...dialog freeze, double imposed objects, seems sluggish. Seemed like an ok game, but too many problems. Thought I would never get out and now am going to try to delete from computer. This game needs serious tweeking!

[Post New]by Tassygirl1958 on Nov 15, 10 6:09 PM
Won't be buyin' this game!! Another dud that hasn't got the technical kinks ironed out before giving it to us fishies! Geez, it drives me flippin' nuts when this happens! And I KNOW it's not my computer as other games from more reputable companies work just stellar! This game froze my computer, was sluggish, started, then froze constantly.

saga21
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by saga21 on Nov 16, 10 12:35 PM
I agree, the game needs to be updated... For me; after writing my name and chose windows cursor (cause I know custom cursors can make games run slow) I hit "play" and the game went to a quarter of the screen (with the desktop showing behind), and it looked like about a third of the game didn't show. Since the game didn't react to anything I had to ctrl-alt-del to get out. Would be great to know wether an update is going to come or if I should just delete the remaining trial period... ?

bkjanelle
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by bkjanelle on Nov 16, 10 6:12 PM
same here. I got into the game played a level then ran as slow as a turtle. I had to complety shut my computer down. the control alt delete would not let me out. I kind of like the game, but will not buy if it is all buggy.

grumbler
Marlin
Marlin
9,065 Posts

[Post New]by grumbler on Nov 16, 10 11:07 PM
Would love to buy this game but due to the same problems as other posters here this will not happen unless there is a fix

Akzoe12
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by Akzoe12 on Nov 18, 10 5:56 AM
Had problems too. The game is jumpy, kind of slow, sometimes an object comes back after a chip hunting. I thought maybe my computer was running another program at the same time but no, it's the game... Will buy it only after a bit of update and fixing

bfgDonau
Flounder
Flounder
2,464 Posts

[Post New]by bfgDonau on Nov 18, 10 10:28 AM
Hi Fishies,

Thanks so much for posting about the errors that you're running into with the game being slow and freezing.

The following help article may help:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If you continue to have problems with the game, please get in touch with Customer Support as they'll be able to help further. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a possible fix.

Customer Support can be reached by clicking on the green envelope on the right-hand side of this page and then on the “Contact Us” section on the bottom left of the next page. Once you’ve entered your question and clicked to “Check for Answers,” you’ll be led to our Help pages. If these haven’t helped, your question can be submitted from here.

If you’re a Big Fish Game Club member, you can also connect to one of our Live Chat representatives from 9:30am-4:30pm PST Monday-Friday. To get started, just visit your “My Game Club” page.

Thanks!

-bfgDonau

[Post New]by debkneer on Nov 18, 10 2:15 PM
I've played the "regular" game with a few minor problems: mostly lags, and hang-ups, and the game also cuts off the game-show host's speeches. Now that I'm through the regular play, I'm having some somewhat serious problems in the Extended Play. Specifically, the "Jiggle Saw" puzzles ... when the pieces to place in the scene appear in the task bar, they disappear when I click on them. I've tried repeatedly but they continue to just disappear!

I buy a lot of games here and this is the first one I've encountered with some real annoying problems.

Thanks for your help!

rolldedice
Starfish
Starfish
54 Posts

[Post New]by rolldedice on Nov 19, 10 10:17 AM
game froze up within 2 min of playing11

[Post New]by talullah8 on Nov 19, 10 1:40 PM
This game needs some serious updates. It freezes, stutters and repeats games - had me do the same game 3 times - same game - same results. It is also very hard to close and froze up my computer for about 15 minutes. I will be avoiding this game until it is fixed..

Edited on 11/19/2010 at 1:41:24 PM PST

[Post New]by SPUDDYBUDDYUK on Nov 19, 10 2:21 PM
The game was freezing and jumping when I played.It was soooo frustrating to play.I wouldn't buy this game unless the technical issues were sorted out as it would send me mad

[Post New]by debkneer on Nov 19, 10 3:58 PM
Well, I hate to say so, but my problems with the Extended Play portion of this game continue. Yesterday, I posted that I couldn't use the Jigsaw Puzzle scenes as they disappeared once you picked up a puzzle piece and today, I cannot access the Bonus Play areas. I see 'em, i.e., I can read the "Bonus Game" text, and see the sparkles, but when I click on 'em, nothing happens. This is happening in all of the scenes, not any one in particular.

Also, the problems I'm experiencing with the Jigsaw Puzzles is affecting ALL of the scenes (rooms) as well.

Thanks for your help!

letsdoit
Shark
Shark
10,483 Posts

[Post New]by letsdoit on Nov 20, 10 3:55 PM
i finally got thru the demo....sloooooowwwwly....very very very slow....would love to buy, cursor jumpy around like a 'hot jumpin' bean' so lost out on the bonus chip round.....maybe enough complaints down the road and it could be checked out ...well...to debug it

not going into the run a computer dr. felix fix .... been there done that....soooooo been thru a few iffy games of tech issues last three months....BUT....i have also purchased games inbetween and those i did demo, check forum, etc...and these have worked.....SO IT BETWEEN A ROCK AND A HARD PLACE

..... is still the best!

[Post New]by JayArDee on Nov 21, 10 3:55 AM
Ran for 30 mins. Sound and video became jumpy then froze. Then froze my computer. Had problems stopping game even from task manager. Disc access light was on almost steady. Made me very nervous. I will not be running this game again. Don't trust it.

Go to: