bfgImbrium
Manatee
Manatee
4,236 Posts

Post any The Secrets of Da Vinci technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgImbrium on Nov 15, 10 12:19 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

Re:Post any The Secrets of Da Vinci technical issues here only

[Post New]by Applier on Nov 16, 10 4:02 AM
How do you get the game to save when you get ready to log out?
Do i have to start over every time?

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Nov 16, 10 4:04 AM
As this is a large file adventure game, try pressing Esc for the system menu.
You could also try right-click.

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Nov 16, 10 4:32 AM
silverfox wrote:I have bought this game and am having a problem with it. When moving the mouse I am seeing double until I stop moving - any suggestions on how to make it stop??? It is even jittery at the begining too before you start to play the game - at least there I can exit the game (also how do you exit while in the game??) Escape did not work

Thanks for your help
There is a technical issue with this game, hence the copy of this post.
There is an nvidia bug that affects all Kheops (developer) games for driver versions later than 186.18 for certain cards (not onboard chipsets). If you let CS know, you can either roll back to 186.18 (keeping your current version to reinstall when you've finished) or ask for a refund.

I think the menu is at top left if you right-click. That won't help with your graphics though.

[Post New]by llorrie200 on Dec 2, 10 8:54 PM
my game wont let me make gunpowder. does anyone know a cheat to get the powder?

[Post New]by llorrie200 on Dec 2, 10 8:57 PM
Applier wrote:How do you get the game to save when you get ready to log out?
Do i have to start over every time?
you need to hit the second from bottom butten in invintory. it is a compass. it will take you to a list on top of this list it says save game hit it then at the bottom of the next page it says, save game hit it. game saved.

[Post New]by Columbia999 on Mar 15, 11 7:48 AM
I have the same problem every time I try to play this game. The cursor won't move, the picture judders violently and it's just impossible to play. It must have played when I did the trial, because I never buy without trying (unless it's Virtual Villagers!). What can I do to make it work? I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling a few times but it's the same every time.

PhillieKat
Starfish
Starfish
58 Posts

[Post New]by PhillieKat on Mar 28, 11 5:36 PM
Unfortunately, I too am having the same jittering issues. I can't even start the game because it shakes so much and to move the mouse is enough to give me a headache!

[Post New]by SF_BAY_GAL on Aug 14, 12 4:44 PM
I'm playing the game and it works beautifully so far, on the SLOW mouse movement choice. I just got Babou to invite me into her apartments, fixed the telescope and found the hidden message on Da Vinci's drawing. When I turn to speak to her, the game stops functioning normally. She is still "live," and will periodically move, but although my dialogue appears at the bottom in the subtitles, my guy doesn't speak and she doesn't acknowledge. All controls are frozen, mouse not working, etc.

I had to boot out of the game with the old ctrl + alt + delete manuever, then restart my computer. I tried this twice; same thing each time.

This is my setup: WD 500GB 7200RPM SATA HD, Kingston 4 GB RAM, Gigabyte HD 7750 video Card, DirectX 11, Win 7

Sure would appreciate help getting over this hump!

Ulkas
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

Issue with Windows 7

[Post New]by Ulkas on Sep 2, 12 9:58 AM
I looked through the forum and didn't find any note about this specific problem. This has been attempted on two PCs, one with Win7/32, one with Win7/64, The behavior is the same.

Installation works fine.

Starting the game does not. After the UAC warning it returns to the desktop.

I've set Compatibility to Windows 98/ME (also tried 2000, XP etc) and Run as admin.

Generally everything's up-to-date.

I'd be grateful for any help, as I really would like to play this game.

Cheers,
Ulkas

Edited on 09/02/2012 at 9:59:44 AM PST

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Sep 2, 12 11:56 AM
Hi Ulkas,

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble with is game closing to the desktop!

It sounds like you've tried many of our first troubleshooting suggestions, but just in case, here is a link to a help article about what to do for this type of issue:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

But generally, at this stage, it is probably best to get in touch with our Tech Support team. They'll be able to take a look at how the game is running on your computer and work with you directly to get everything resolved.

You can contact them by clicking here screen to submit a support ticket.

I hope that helps!

bfgMonongahela

Edited on 09/02/2012 at 11:57:12 AM PST

[Post New]by pauliecricket on Nov 3, 12 8:21 PM
The game Millennium Secrets Roxanne's Necklace keeps locking up .... What does OGRE EXCEPTION (3 RenderingAPIException) mean ... my game won't load ... HELP !!!!! Can I get a refund for this game so I can get another one ... do I need to uninstall and reinstall ... what happens to my saved game ????

oldbag60
Lobster
Lobster
92 Posts

[Post New]by oldbag60 on Jan 9, 13 8:44 AM
I'm playing on a mac and don't have right click. What's the alternative? Thanks

[Post New]by tarabond on Nov 14, 13 11:36 AM
The game when I downloaded it on my MAC only show the top half of the text for everything in the game.I tried reinstalling with no luck the second time. It's almost like the game downloaded but not the right font? Help!

Go to: