bfgImbrium
Manatee
Manatee
4,236 Posts

Post any Tulula: Legend of a Volcano technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgImbrium on Nov 16, 10 12:11 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

crypsynight
Minnow
Minnow
236 Posts

Re:Post any Tulula: Legend of a Volcano technical issues here only

[Post New]by crypsynight on Nov 16, 10 4:28 AM
Oh the excitement of waiting for a game to load!
Took 20 mins to load initially, then i played the first chapter, then another 20 mins to load the next chapter.....
6 mins left and i haven't really got a clue as to what the game will be like....
Doh!

gma5
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by gma5 on Nov 16, 10 5:07 AM
Ditto...... spent the vast majority of the demo hour waiting for scenes to load. It seems as if it might have been a fun game if I could've gotten to play more and waited less!

Edited on 11/16/2010 at 5:09:36 AM PST

ramberny
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by ramberny on Nov 16, 10 5:28 AM
Same here...loading issues...got to the first chapter and got no further...it never completed loading...just kind of froze at that point...

johnski
Starfish
Starfish
49 Posts

[Post New]by johnski on Nov 16, 10 5:56 AM
My game took a long time also but I clicked the windows button on my keyboard which takes you back to windows but does not exit the game. I waited about 20 seconds or so and then clicked back on the game icon on the task bar and it came up loaded all the way. Hope that helps the rest of you.

[Post New]by SusanBStephens on Nov 16, 10 6:05 AM
Downloaded in about 2 to maybe 3 minutes for me.

doctorgood
Clownfish
Clownfish
589 Posts

[Post New]by doctorgood on Nov 16, 10 7:16 AM
SusanBStephens wrote:Downloaded in about 2 to maybe 3 minutes for me.

Me too. I know nothing about PCS but the easiest thing to try is an uninstall/install. I know that's not a real High tech answer but it works a lot of times for me.
Dr.good

sinshack
Flounder
Flounder
2,150 Posts

[Post New]by sinshack on Nov 16, 10 7:18 AM
There are a lot more users posting in the regular thread that they are having loading issues (10-20 minutes between scenes.) I'm geeting loading times of less than half a minute, so I hope they get it fixed for the rest of you soon.

In the meantime, if you are using Firefox as your browser, try shutting it off and using another browser for now - I kow when my kids load it on my computer I have to delete it again because it slows down my games for some reason, and a lot of other fishies have mentioned the same problem.

edit for spelling

Edited on 11/16/2010 at 7:20:14 AM PST

belamba
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,058 Posts

[Post New]by belamba on Nov 16, 10 9:30 AM
The game downloaded quickly on my machine, and episodes loading took seconds. The issue I had was the cursor. Needed to be clicked twice to get anything I needed to do highlit with either a hand or eye icons.
I didn't try turning custom cursor off; maybe this would have solved the problem.
Cute game, that was different and I really enjoyed playing it almost to the end. Couldn't do one of the final puzzles, but the game was all but over by then. Just wish there'd been a skip button on this puzzle game so I could have got right to the end :-)

[Post New]by stevieman0699 on Nov 16, 10 1:40 PM
it keeps saying cant find a compatible 3d devices so i uninstalled it downloaded direct x 9.0 if i comes up again i want my money back or free credit to get a different game cause i bought it off ur site thank you

bfgDonau
Flounder
Flounder
2,464 Posts

[Post New]by bfgDonau on Nov 16, 10 1:43 PM
Welcome to the pond stevieman0699!

It sounds like you're on a good track with downloading Direct X based on that error message. I'd recommend to check out this help article as well, as it will have more information on this and will also help for anyone who has been experiencing slow load times:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If you continue to have any trouble, I’d recommend contacting Customer Support, as they'll be able to help further. Just let them know what you’re experiencing and which steps you’ve already tried and they’ll be happy to help further. Customer Support can be reached by clicking on the green envelope on the right-hand side of this page and then on the “Contact Us” section on the bottom left of the next page. Once you’ve entered your question and clicked to “Check for Answers,” you’ll be led to our Help pages. If these haven’t helped, your question can be submitted from here.

If you’re a Big Fish Game Club member, you can also connect to one of our Live Chat representatives from 9:30am-4:30pm PST Monday-Friday. To get started, just visit your “My Game Club” page.

Hope this helps!

-bfgDonau

bjko1
Lobster
Lobster
81 Posts

[Post New]by bjko1 on Nov 16, 10 3:46 PM
Thought that this game would be a lot of fun. No fun waiting for the thing to load. I really enjoy frog games but not this one. If I have to flip flop to get a game to play maybe it's not worth it. I couldn't uninstall and reinstall the game because my time was up and I am not going to purchase a game just to see if I can make it work. Happy for the people who got it to work...........but that wasen't me. Good luck all

leigh8478
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by leigh8478 on Nov 16, 10 8:01 PM
I'm in the "Water Village" and picked up the wrong item and the game will not let me put it down. I've quit and restarted and when I open the game up again, there I am, with the Fish Food in my hand.

kasup
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

[Post New]by kasup on Nov 17, 10 5:48 AM
leigh8478 wrote:I'm in the "Water Village" and picked up the wrong item and the game will not let me put it down. I've quit and restarted and when I open the game up again, there I am, with the Fish Food in my hand.

Same here! I did the same thing: quit and restarted, and there it was.. now, I dont know what to do...

Smile41
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by Smile41 on Nov 17, 10 6:53 AM
leigh8478 wrote:I'm in the "Water Village" and picked up the wrong item and the game will not let me put it down. I've quit and restarted and when I open the game up again, there I am, with the Fish Food in my hand.

have you tried clicking fish tank with that food in your hand?

leigh8478
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by leigh8478 on Nov 17, 10 8:36 AM
Yes, I have. This is a glitch in the game, clearly.

Smile41
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by Smile41 on Nov 17, 10 8:44 AM
leigh8478 wrote:Yes, I have. This is a glitch in the game, clearly.

does the right click work? (it works that way in many similar games)

bfgDonau
Flounder
Flounder
2,464 Posts

[Post New]by bfgDonau on Nov 17, 10 9:45 AM
kasup wrote:

Same here! I did the same thing: quit and restarted, and there it was.. now, I dont know what to do...

Hi Fishies and thanks for the great help Smile41!

According to the walkthrough you're right on the dot:

# Empty the three BOTTLES into the Fishbowl (6) followed by the FISH EGG. If you pick up the wrong Item first, right click to release it.

# Feed the Fish in order the SMALL FISHFOOD, the MEDIUM FISHFOOD, and then the LARGE FISH FOOD.

For anyone interested in locating the walkthrough, please see this thread:

Walkthrough available for Tulula: Legend of a Volcano!

Also, for anyone continuing to experience trouble with releasing items or other technical issues, please be sure to contact Customer Support via the green envelope to the right.

Happy gaming!

-bfgDonau

gameslvr
Clownfish
Clownfish
553 Posts

[Post New]by gameslvr on Nov 17, 10 2:40 PM
I timed it at 6-7 minutes to load each scene.

[Post New]by babadean9 on Nov 17, 10 5:30 PM
10 minutes of watching the screen flash "loading" for Chapter 1 so I gave up and deleted the game. My PC isn't that old and it's too frustrating to wait indefinitely.

Go to: