LilyCat
Minnow
Minnow
220 Posts

Today's DD November 17th 2010

[Post New]by LilyCat on Nov 17, 10 12:23 AM
Well, if nothing else, this shows us how far games have come in the last five years. First released in September 2005 - BFG really are scraping the bottom of the barre! Let's hope it's just to make us eager for goodies to come.

No Options screen - you can't adjust the volume without going back to the desktop. When I did this using Alt-Tab, the game came back in windowed mode and there was no way of getting back to full screen without reloading (if you actually want to play windowed this is obviously the way to do it)

Graphics are ok, but you can't slide the pieces and I really hate all that clicking. Apart from that, it's not a bad M3 game.

Finally, for those fishies who find flashing screens a problem, approach this game with care!

SublimeOne
Clownfish
Clownfish
795 Posts

Re:Today's DD November 17th 2010

[Post New]by SublimeOne on Nov 17, 10 12:30 AM
I think I missed something here because my screen is showing this game at $3.49 instead of the usual $2.99.

Did they raise the price of the DD? Or is it just this game?

BBB10
Clownfish
Clownfish
715 Posts

[Post New]by BBB10 on Nov 17, 10 12:34 AM
SublimeOne wrote:I think I missed something here because my screen is showing this game at $3.49 instead of the usual $2.99.

Did they raise the price of the DD? Or is it just this game?

Yes, I am wondering that myself! What is up with that? If anybody knows please enlighten. Thanks.

BBB10

[Post New]by silvergirl_quest on Nov 17, 10 12:52 AM
I think they must have increased all their prices: the DD and regular SE prices by $0.50 because the price for SE games is $7.49 (non-member price now $10.49), and the price for CEs is now $14.99 (non-member price now $20.99, so the price for a CE is still double that of an SE).

LilyCat
Minnow
Minnow
220 Posts

[Post New]by LilyCat on Nov 17, 10 1:03 AM
but the New Releases page is still showing $2.99. Some pages are showing the price as $3.49, and others as £2.99 (ie in pounds sterling).

LilyCat
Minnow
Minnow
220 Posts

[Post New]by LilyCat on Nov 17, 10 1:08 AM
...and now we have 2.99 euros!

[Post New]by silvergirl_quest on Nov 17, 10 1:24 AM
Good catch, LilyCat! (Although I haven't seen any prices in pounds sterling or euros, just in dollars!)

I wonder if BFG has started to update the pages to a higher price but forgot the New Releases page?

Edited on 11/17/2010 at 1:25:03 AM PST

Larissa_Jane
Flounder
Flounder
2,273 Posts

[Post New]by Larissa_Jane on Nov 17, 10 1:45 AM
this game is awful. No adjustments for volume or size. and that terrible beep when you make a match! I lasted just 4 minutes, did 2 screens, but didn't see any purpose as to why I was doing this! a ghastly game!!
I have a large screen monitor so I play many of my games in window mode, but was unable to readjust.
I generally download in the middle of the night and lately games are set at an acceptible volume. I guess that this game was formatted before that courtesy came into play.
Sorry but this is THE worst game I have ever played!

LilyCat
Minnow
Minnow
220 Posts

[Post New]by LilyCat on Nov 17, 10 2:22 AM
I'm in the UK, so I'm wondering whether they are about to price games in local currency according to where you live. But it would be nice to have some kind of announcement or explanation from BFG if they are suddenly going to change their prices.

No intention of buying either of today's games, anyway!

LilyCat
Minnow
Minnow
220 Posts

[Post New]by LilyCat on Nov 17, 10 3:29 AM
There's a thread on chit-chat corner that (kind of) explains all this!

gimmegames
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,231 Posts

[Post New]by gimmegames on Nov 17, 10 6:12 AM
I plan to pass on this one. The game itself is a lot older than 2005, although maybe that's when BFG started offering it. There's plenty of old match 3 games I demo-ed every year (when the free trial would be renewed) and I enjoyed that, even though I couldn't *quite* bring myself to pay the 20 bucks each they cost back then. But this one, I got to where I wouldn't even play the demo anymore. All I remember is that I didn't like it. I played a few minutes of it just now, and I'm not feeling like playing more.

mtgirl
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,151 Posts

[Post New]by mtgirl on Nov 17, 10 10:12 AM
Way too easy,but fun-or maybe I am just used to more complex games by now.I'll skip this one.

scuther
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by scuther on Nov 17, 10 10:16 AM
The extra amount in money is TAX, grrr. I called big fish to ask shy the difference and was told they didn't charge before. Now the government say they have to. On line or not. Poor us.

_DD_
Flounder
Flounder
2,115 Posts

[Post New]by _DD_ on Nov 17, 10 11:09 AM
LilyCat wrote:There's a thread on chit-chat corner that (kind of) explains all this!

It's here:

http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/127207.page

1st post by Picman.
Still lots of confusion and maybe bugs re. currencies and 'additions'. And although I still don't understand how it should work (I get a different price evrey time I look), it sure would be nice if BFG announced such things via Email to their customers...

dregester
Squid
Squid
71 Posts

[Post New]by dregester on Nov 17, 10 12:04 PM
I've always paid 3.49 for the DD (2.99 plus .50 tax) but maybe that's because I live in Wash State where BF is located.

Refrenz
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

[Post New]by Refrenz on Nov 17, 10 1:41 PM
dregester wrote:I've always paid 3.49 for the DD (2.99 plus .50 tax) but maybe that's because I live in Wash State where BF is located.

I've always paid $3.51 ($0.52 VAT) and now the DD is showing $3.99. Good job today's DD game sucks, because BF's new pricing means I would be paying more for it (even more again if I paid the £2.99 charged in my local currency of British Pounds as £2.99 = $4.75).

wini1
Guppy
Guppy
116 Posts

[Post New]by wini1 on Nov 17, 10 8:29 PM
That is strange about the different prices because mine says 2.99 like always. I live in New Mexico. You would think they would be the same price everywhere.

gimmegames
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,231 Posts

[Post New]by gimmegames on Nov 17, 10 11:28 PM
I bought the catch of the week game today and it said 2.99 at checkout like always. I'm in North Carolina.

GaCorolla
Shark
Shark
13,397 Posts

[Post New]by GaCorolla on Nov 18, 10 11:54 AM
There is so much posted on this game, where to start. I had no idea that you could find a way to get some options until Lilycat posted such. I don't like the method needed to do that. Since it is not included within the game, I'd best leave well enough alone. As another fish mentioned, I plan to pass on this one as I agree the game has to be older than 2005, perhaps that is the timeline for BF using it. I am Georgia and my screen said $2.99 as usual. I have always checked the amount charged, but certainly will pay strict attention in the future. I don't understand the discrepancies involved unless it has something to do will place of residence. May query the BF folks myself about this.

Go to: