Problems with the game

[Post New]by Crapounette on Nov 18, 10 9:33 AM
I am in the manor, into the storage room under the stairs. I can see the last object on the list : the handcuffs. They are on a green bag. When I click on them : NOTHING. It doesn't work !

Idem upstairs, I need the last object : the Eiffel Tower on the table near the birdcage. Those two objects do not desappear when I click on them.

So I am stuck. What can I do ? Am I alone with that bug ?

Re:Problems with the game

[Post New]by loojnb on Nov 18, 10 10:38 AM
I recently had to exit the game, did all the required exit rituals to save and exit. When I returned, all my inventory was gone. What happened? How do I get it back?

bfgDonau
Flounder
Flounder
2,464 Posts

[Post New]by bfgDonau on Nov 18, 10 11:22 AM
Hi Crapounette,

The current Big Fish Games version of Fear for Sale: The Mystery of McInroy Manor Collector's Edition shouldn't be having issues with the handcuffs or the Eiffel Tower not going into inventory. As this was an issue related to the BETA version (that may have been spread to unauthorized/pirate game sites), please make sure that you have the latest version from Big Fish Games by uninstalling and reinstalling the game directly from the game page here or from your Purchase History.

Here is a great help article to help you with this:

Uninstall / Reinstall a Game

*IMPORTANT*
You’ll also need to restart the game from the beginning with a new player profile in order to ensure that the latest version takes effect.

loojnb - you may want to also try uninstalling and reinstalling and then starting with a new player profile.

In both cases, if you are still having issues please contact Customer Support. Customer Support can be reached by clicking on the green envelope on the right-hand side of this page and then on the “Contact Us” section on the bottom left of the next page. Once you’ve entered your question and clicked to “Check for Answers,” you’ll be led to our Help pages. If these haven’t helped, your question can be submitted from here.

If you’re a Big Fish Game Club member, you can also connect to one of our Live Chat representatives from 9:30am-4:30pm PST Monday-Friday. To get started, just visit your “My Game Club” page.

Hope this helps!

-bfgDonau

Edited on 11/18/2010 at 11:24:20 AM PST

[Post New]by Crapounette on Nov 18, 10 12:27 PM
I have the version purchased from Big fish.

Before, I had a beta version yes. Two hours ago I deleted it and the save too. I begun a new game with a new profile (with the Big Fish version only on my computer) and everything was perfect.

Actually I just finished the game. Too short for me...

Does it mean I need to delete my beta version of FA.C.E.S Survey from Big Fish ? I don't want to have any more problems later with the full one.

Edited on 11/18/2010 at 12:30:49 PM PST

bfgDonau
Flounder
Flounder
2,464 Posts

[Post New]by bfgDonau on Nov 18, 10 12:58 PM
Hi Crapounette!

I'm glad to hear that uninstalling and reinstalling and deleting your save data has helped and you've been able to play the rest of Fear for Sale: The Mystery of McInroy Manor Collector's Edition.

If you ever run into similar trouble for a game that you've already beta-tested, then I would definitely recommend to do the same again, as we've seen a number of incidences where the beta version and released version of a game conflict with each other. However, this isn't always the case, and sometimes it just comes down to trial and error.

If you'd rather play it safe and not get any further along in a beta version of a game before running into potential trouble, then I'd recommend to go ahead with deleting the save data and uninstalling and then reinstalling the released version of the game.

Hope this helps!

-bfgDonau

Problems with the game

[Post New]by Morgendis on Nov 18, 10 1:07 PM
Crapounette wrote:I am in the manor, into the storage room under the stairs. I can see the last object on the list : the handcuffs. They are on a green bag. When I click on them : NOTHING. It doesn't work !

Idem upstairs, I need the last object : the Eiffel Tower on the table near the birdcage. Those two objects do not desappear when I click on them.

So I am stuck. What can I do ? Am I alone with that bug ?

[Post New]by Morgendis on Nov 18, 10 1:09 PM
I also have the problem with the handcuffs under the stairs. Please what can i do?

[Post New]by lifer667 on Nov 18, 10 6:13 PM
im in the basement but there are no gears where do i find them

[Post New]by greeneyes488 on Nov 19, 10 12:56 AM
I,m at the end of the game where you answer the 4 questions and it only asks 1 question 4 times,,,,I can,t finish the game!!,,Sur don,t want to start over,,,PLSE HELP,,,

dallipoo01
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by dallipoo01 on Nov 19, 10 9:18 AM
Morgendis wrote:I also have the problem with the handcuffs under the stairs. Please what can i do?

[Post New]by amazone242 on Nov 19, 10 9:54 AM
I cannot even launch the game I have that message :
Error : access violation at 0x0250EFAE (tried to write to 0x0000000), program terminated.

Anyone can help?

Go to: