Stuck at the volcano

[Post New]by redlady on Nov 18, 10 9:39 AM
Hi,

I collected the pieces out of the elevator and replaced in the other one the tubes, the arrow, the motor and the switch.
Whenever I click on the lever to set it, I get a message " this is very complex, very fine machinery. It needs to be handled with care and switched on only after all the devices are replaced".

I really don`t know where my mistake is or if there is something with the game.

Thanks a lot,
redlady

Re:Stuck at the volcano

[Post New]by gamesareme on Nov 18, 10 3:43 PM
I am having the exact same issue. I hope someone has the answer.

gamesareme

Smile41
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by Smile41 on Nov 18, 10 3:47 PM
have you adjusted 5 levers before pulling the rope?

Edited on 11/18/2010 at 4:18:15 PM PST

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Nov 18, 10 3:53 PM
Hey Fishies,

It may be helpful to check out the walkthrough (located at the top of the Game Forum) as it provides some really great directions on how to get through the game! You can get to it by clicking here.

To search through it for the most relevant parts, just use the Search function (CTRL + F) and type in "elevator". Hope this helps!

-bfgArnoStyx

[Post New]by gamesareme on Nov 18, 10 4:08 PM
I have gone through the walkthrough and done everything it said, still no luck.

gamesareme

[Post New]by gamesareme on Nov 18, 10 4:17 PM
Smile41 wrote:have you adjusted 6 levers before pulling the rope?

there are 5 levers and it will not let me adjust them. It keeps telling me that everything needs to be in place first. Everything is in place.

Smile41
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by Smile41 on Nov 18, 10 4:22 PM

there are 5 levers and it will not let me adjust them. It keeps telling me that everything needs to be in place first. Everything is in place.

Sorry, I meant 6 items you need to insert from the back elevator.

I guess I could be able to help if you could send me the screenshot.

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on Nov 19, 10 12:56 AM
I have a friend asking me about this in PM. I can't figure out where you are all stuck - you must be missing one tiny little step because I just didn't have a bit of problem with the elevator but I can't think what is hanging you up.

You did collect the handle and open the door so that you can collect the elevator motor in the back elevator and replace the elevator motor in the front elevator? It looks kind of like a sun medallion and is placed right above the tubes??

You are sure that the tubes are correctly placed?

You are definitely setting the 5 levers to the correct positions in the front elevator?

I am baffled as to what is holding you up... if I have any great revelations, I will hop back in and update this...

Good luck!!

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Nov 19, 10 1:06 AM
shadowfax44 wrote:I have a friend asking me about this in PM. I can't figure out where you are all stuck - you must be missing one tiny little step because I just didn't have a bit of problem with the elevator but I can't think what is hanging you up.

You did collect the handle and open the door so that you can collect the elevator motor in the back elevator and replace the elevator motor in the front elevator? It looks kind of like a sun medallion and is placed right above the tubes??

You are sure that the tubes are correctly placed?

You are definitely setting the 5 levers to the correct positions in the front elevator?

I am baffled as to what is holding you up... if I have any great revelations, I will hop back in and update this...

Good luck!!

Hi shadowfax44,
Yes I (we) have found and replaced all of the missing components - the tubes automatically "jumped" into place.
We have attached the handle, opened the door and replaced the engine in the first elevator. The arrow is in place and the "bell pull" is attached.
Still get a message regarding replacing all of the elements when I (we) try to set the levers to the required positions.
Obviously I (we) have missed something.
Cheers.

[Post New]by redlady on Nov 19, 10 7:51 AM
It is interesting, that other people have problems in other levels, which I and lots of others could pass without any problems.
Whenever I use the Hint button at the volcano, it leads me to the first elevator. And in the elevator in the back there is nothing to click on except the locked box which is obviously not necessary for the elevator at the moment.
Yesterday evening I found another walkthrough in german, but there is written exactly the same as in the english one.

[Post New]by BabsInScotland on Nov 19, 10 11:54 AM
I went and got another walkthrough from another site as I was having same problem but there are 7 items to collect to replace in first computer - 3 tubes, motor, tassle, handle and lift indicator just above the tassle. hope this helps.

Playful61
Clownfish
Clownfish
846 Posts

[Post New]by Playful61 on Nov 19, 10 7:19 PM
I am having the same issue and cannot figure out what the glich is?
do you have to open the locked box before adjusting the levers?
The levers won't move although I have replaced the parts in the first elevator with the parts from the second elevator.
What's up?

[Post New]by gamesareme on Nov 20, 10 9:46 AM
I think there is a glitch in the game. I started a new game and went all the way through with no problems. I did the same things the second time that I did the first and it worked.

gamesareme

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Nov 20, 10 10:22 PM
Yes there is a glitch in the game.
The developers are aware of it and are probably working on it as we communicate.
Hopefully there will be an update soon.
Cheers.

Edited on 11/20/2010 at 10:24:01 PM PST

Playful61
Clownfish
Clownfish
846 Posts

[Post New]by Playful61 on Nov 22, 10 10:13 AM
and hopefully, we can soon use that elevator

TnTexas
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by TnTexas on Nov 30, 10 2:58 PM
I'm having the same problem - retrieved everything that can be retrieved from back elevator and placed it in the front one, but cannot adjust the levers. This is far enough in the game that I really don't want to have to start over again, but it looks like I have no choice. I hate it when this happens. Sigh.

Edited on 11/30/2010 at 3:00:04 PM PST

Cherubabies
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,247 Posts

[Post New]by Cherubabies on Dec 13, 10 7:24 PM
Lucky I didn't have a problem with this.

Go to: