bfgImbrium
Manatee
Manatee
4,236 Posts

Post any Westward III: Gold Rush technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgImbrium on Nov 19, 10 12:33 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

Stevihj
Clownfish
Clownfish
507 Posts

Re:Post any Westward III: Gold Rush technical issues here only

[Post New]by Stevihj on Nov 20, 10 3:14 PM
The ability to turn buildings seems to have disappeared? Is that normal in Sandbox?

wsa111
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by wsa111 on Mar 1, 11 7:44 AM
When you start a new game, how can i delete the number of saved games played previously on the load menu???

Also i will never have two separate saved times such as the earthquake deal on 2 saved load spaces & the rest of the game on other slots.

When you finish the earthquake challenge & the game finishes, your level 8 trading post is not credited on the earthquake slot, because i saved it on another time space.

Lesson learned. Thanks Bill

GeorgeTSLC
Manatee
Manatee
3,919 Posts

[Post New]by GeorgeTSLC on Mar 6, 11 9:33 PM
Stevihj wrote:The ability to turn buildings seems to have disappeared? Is that normal in Sandbox?
It often disappears for a particular building, particularly when a lot of other buildings have already been built, in this and later WW versions, in both the main game and in the Sandbox. The solution is to cancel and try again until the turn-building icon finally appears--and then to press the R key (always more easily accessible than the fool icon).

GeorgeTSLC
Manatee
Manatee
3,919 Posts

[Post New]by GeorgeTSLC on Mar 6, 11 9:35 PM
wsa111 wrote:When you start a new game, how can i delete the number of saved games played previously on the load menu???
You can't. But why would you want to? You just write over them.

Cinders31
Minnow
Minnow
214 Posts

[Post New]by Cinders31 on Apr 11, 11 10:36 AM
wsa111 wrote:When you start a new game, how can i delete the number of saved games played previously on the load menu???

Also i will never have two separate saved times such as the earthquake deal on 2 saved load spaces & the rest of the game on other slots.

When you finish the earthquake challenge & the game finishes, your level 8 trading post is not credited on the earthquake slot, because i saved it on another time space.

Lesson learned. Thanks Bill

All you have to do is start a new game. start over from the beginning and save over the old game saves.

Cinders31
Minnow
Minnow
214 Posts

[Post New]by Cinders31 on Apr 11, 11 10:41 AM
well here I am again. I had technical issues before and was told to uninstall the game and reinstall it.
I did that.
Using the saved games from before the issue was still there (unable to progress past the drilling into the bank)
SO... I started all over again. I got past that problem and now I am close to finishing when another block happened.

I have only left to do: find red flowers, find dried up entrance to sunken house for treasure, and winning election.

when I clicked to proceed to find the results of the election, the same problem I had before happened again. The "loading" screen froze.
Loading screen is the picture of the panhandler and the gold vein on the bottom. The gold vein shows 0 loading and never changes.

Now what???

GeorgeTSLC
Manatee
Manatee
3,919 Posts

Re: Post any Westward III: Gold Rush technical issues here only

[Post New]by GeorgeTSLC on Aug 12, 11 2:24 PM
Contact Customer Support. Any answer you get here is going to be a guess. Actually, so is any answer you get from them, but they have the ability to ask the right questions, to look at the relevant files, and refine their guesswork. And they'll keep working on it, with a turn-around time of days, not weeks or months, until they either solve the problem or give up and issue you a game credit.

You probably win, but you can't lose--so long as YOU keep responding to THEM!

[Post New]by teddy0812 on Apr 15, 12 1:59 PM
I´m having trouble to save my game, that means that I have to start from the beginning every time. I have tryed to open the game as administratonr but that does not help??????

bfgCimarron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,902 Posts

[Post New]by bfgCimarron on Apr 15, 12 3:48 PM
Hi teddy0812,

If running your game as administrator isn't helping your game to save your progress, then I would try running the Game Manager as administrator. I've found that this can help save issues as well. If you click this link here:

Game Not Saving

It walk you through how to do that. However if you try this and your game still isn't saving, I would definitely get in touch with Customer Support (if you click the blue text it will take you to more information on how to do that) and one of our reps can take a closer look with you.

I hope that helps!

bfgCimarron

D0tty
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

[Post New]by D0tty on Jan 19, 13 10:25 AM
I loaded reloaded and tried again, I can't get past the earthquake valley, Paris Hilton turns up and nothing happens, please help Lynn

[Post New]by passerine on May 29, 13 10:18 AM
Hi, I decided to play Westward 111 again. Everything is going good except the trading post quest. When I'm on the last of the chores to be completed the accept button does not work. I can't click on it to accept. I tried un-installing then re-installing still doesn't work.

Any suggestions?

bfgIzara
Flounder
Flounder
2,151 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIzara on May 29, 13 12:05 PM
Hi there D0tty and passerine and welcome to the Pond!

Sorry to hear that uninstalling and reinstalling didn't help.

I would recommend updating the video card driver to see if that helps with those issues. Just click on the blue text below for instructions:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If that doesn't help then please get in touch with Tech Support by clicking on the green to the right of the page and then selecting the Contact Us link to the bottom left. One of our Reps will be happy to work with you directly to try and figure that out!

I hope this helps!

bfgIzara

[Post New]by passerine on May 29, 13 3:48 PM
I got somewhat confused on following game crashing link but did find out some neat things i didn't know about & tested some things. Got lost on finding hidden files to click that option. I have seen that before though so will keep looking at my settings doing it a different way.

Thank-you. If i can't find that hidden file to click, i'll try tech support.

ps the last trading quest, #8, i get through all but the very last chore, so close yet so far from butter churn. I think it is. Wanted to clarify want i meant on trading post.

Edited on 05/29/2013 at 3:51:53 PM PST

SilverBranch
Minnow
Minnow
232 Posts

[Post New]by SilverBranch on Mar 15, 14 12:12 PM
I've played and beaten this game many times. Suddenly, I can't get past the quest for the engine part in which you are brought to a wagon train held up and threatened by wolves. As soon as I try to grab more than one character on the screen with the lasso, the game freezes and then it crashes my entire computer. I've tried it three times today and I've never had this happen before. The last time I played, I didn't try to grab more than one player and everything was fine until my main character went to talk to the quest character.

PC
Windows XP

GeorgeTSLC
Manatee
Manatee
3,919 Posts

Re: Post any Westward III: Gold Rush technical issues here only

[Post New]by GeorgeTSLC on May 26, 14 2:55 PM
Sounds very much like a job for Customer Support.

Go to: