bfgImbrium
4,236 Posts

Post any Luxor: 5th Passage technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgImbrium on Nov 19, 10 12:36 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

BigTfromAV
Guppy
Guppy
134 Posts

Re:Post any Luxor: 5th Passage technical issues here only

[Post New]by BigTfromAV on Nov 19, 10 6:01 PM
I keep having phantom marbles within my levels - especially level 4. The "bug" keeps pushing nothing. There's no way to eradicate the marbles. Very puzzling.

[Post New]by paganone on Nov 19, 10 6:19 PM
I could not get past level 3-7. Wasted 6 men on it phantom balls or the balls were not on the track but on the side also missing balls very disappointing

[Post New]by lucy2819 on Nov 20, 10 12:15 AM
I'm having freezing and lagging problems on my brand new 2.53 GHz MacBook Pro with 8 GB RAM running Mac OS X 10.6.5. I've just done a software update, so I'm really not sure what the problem could be. It's very frustrating to try to move and have nothing happen or try to shoot and have no response.

I really enjoy all the Luxor games, so am a bit disappointed to be having these issues.

Fawnna
Starfish
Starfish
40 Posts

[Post New]by Fawnna on Nov 20, 10 12:34 AM
I am also having lag and no response problems with Luxor 5. Either the shooter lags behind, or it won't work at all. I am very disappointed that this game is buggy for Mac, especially since there will be no hope whatsoever that anyone will fix it. I must say, this is probably not a Big Fish issue, as I had the same problems with the game no matter where I got the demo (2 others besides Big Fish).

Shame. Looked fun.

Fel (crawling back into my hole after finding out that the game is truly flawed and not my computer)

boekstart
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by boekstart on Nov 20, 10 11:50 AM
BigTfromAV wrote:I keep having phantom marbles within my levels - especially level 4. The "bug" keeps pushing nothing. There's no way to eradicate the marbles. Very puzzling.

I'm having the same problem.

mauserC96
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by mauserC96 on Nov 20, 10 7:33 PM
I too am having phantoms, especially when using the power-up that rearranges all the balls by color. Also extremely slow running during the cat fountain scene.

[Post New]by morgme on Nov 20, 10 9:05 PM
Having same problem with shooter and lag times, sometimes it works and at other times it is unresponsive and balls will not shoot. Seems like they have a few bugs to work out in this one before I would add it to the other Luxor games I have.

Cromaxgal
Clownfish
Clownfish
625 Posts

[Post New]by Cromaxgal on Nov 20, 10 11:06 PM
in Eye of Horus level, the marbles move at a snails pace. Something wrong with that.

[Post New]by jumpoffjoecreek on Nov 21, 10 4:08 AM
I was having the problem of the disappearing balls and saw a few others did too. I deleted the game, restarted the puter and then downloaded the game again. I did not lose any progress and have not seen that happen again. However, the eye of horus does the same thing, very little and doesn't work. Hope this helps some. I have vista.

BSF0819
Flounder
Flounder
2,128 Posts

[Post New]by BSF0819 on Nov 21, 10 10:45 AM
On stage 6-3 Bastet's Fountain (note that the level isn't titled Eye of Horus, which is actually a powerup that no one knows how to use) on the easy setting, the balls don't come out fast enough. You have to wait for 2 to 4 balls to come out and then destroy them and then repeat the process. This seems like a bug. This can fixed by choosing a different difficulty setting.

Also, I find it strange that you can play through the entire game using different difficulty settings which condtradicts the achievements gallery. You can get a trophy for completing the game on easy, medium, hard, and insane. But if I play half of the game on easy and the other half on medium or hard, which trophy will I get?

I didn't experience any disappearing balls but still a good game despite these hiccups. It would be even better with fixes.

lilitu93
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
471 Posts

[Post New]by lilitu93 on Nov 21, 10 3:21 PM
I'm also having performance troubles. It keeps taking multiple clicks to fire, though I'm usually able to change colours fine. The mouse is also extremely slow to move back and forth. I tried rebooting and making sure I didn't have other apps running, and it didn't help.

My computer is well over the listed specs - MacBook with 2GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor and 2GB RAM. I'm running Leopard 10.5.8.

My husband played it on his iMac, however, and he didn't mention any problems. I don't remember the specs of it off the top of my head, except I know it has 4GB RAM, higher processor (as it's newer) and is running Snow Leopard. I thought at first maybe it was a Snow Leopard problem, but others on here have said they are having the same problems. I'll double-check with him that it worked OK, but he's already asleep.

[Post New]by bgeorge on Nov 21, 10 4:54 PM
levels 6-3 and 9-3 move at a snail pace!

RyeMcLaughlin
Stingray
Stingray
4,647 Posts

[Post New]by RyeMcLaughlin on Nov 22, 10 7:19 AM
When I use the Magic Mouse (a wireless one) the cursor seems to hesitate. Even with the tracking turned all the way up. With a wired mouse, it was better. Ran out of time before I could do much of a comparison. Also Ctrl Click did not work. I've never had problems with this mouse before.

Specs on my Mac:

OSX version 10.6.4
Processor 3.06 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
Memory 4 GB 1067 MHz RAM
ATI Radeon HD 4670 graphics card
1TB Serial ATA drive

Adobe Flash player
Flash Player.plugin 10.1 r85

QuickTime Player version 10.0

Adobe Shockwave
DirectorShockwave.plugin 11.5.8.612

All Apple programs are automatically updated on a weekly basis.

Edited on 11/22/2010 at 7:20:43 AM PST

[Post New]by clhburton on Nov 22, 10 8:33 AM
bgeorge wrote:levels 6-3 and 9-3 move at a snail pace!

I have exactly the same problem. All other levels work fine.

[Post New]by rivercat773 on Nov 22, 10 2:02 PM
Having the same problem as others. Levels 6-3 and 6-9 barely move. Also find that the aiming/firing is much more vague than the previous Luxor games. I've uninstalled and reinstalled but still have the same problem.

Lilac657
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by Lilac657 on Nov 23, 10 1:42 PM
Level 6-3 is a problem for me, also. The balls come out so slowly that it takes forever to complete. The balls on the shooter spin at a normal speed, but the balls to destroy are far too sluggish.

[Post New]by okletmewin12 on Nov 23, 10 7:20 PM
disappointed to say same prob here on bastet's fountain levels, so sloooooooooow you could leave fix dinner come back and still have loads of time before you would die ... really too bad, i timed one of the fountain levels it took me 20 mins to get thru it ... crazy

will try on different difficulty level like another poster suggested to see if it helps but would much rather just see a fix for it

queets
Manatee
Manatee
3,701 Posts

[Post New]by queets on Nov 25, 10 3:58 AM
Cromaxgal wrote:in Eye of Horus level, the marbles move at a snails pace. Something wrong with that.

This my problem after puchasing this game I was able to make and drink a cup of coffee before finally finishing this level lol

Kyandra
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by Kyandra on Nov 25, 10 8:12 PM
I always start on easy and work up.

Made it all the way to the end, and it keeps saying you finished level 13, not level 14 and doesn't acknowledge you've defeated the difficulty level.

Sob, means I can't get the easy trophy.

Go to: