bfgImbrium
Manatee
Manatee
4,236 Posts

The Mac version of Luxor: 5th Passage is here!

[Post New]by bfgImbrium on Nov 19, 10 12:37 AM
If you would like to check it out , you can go to the game page here. The game play will be the same across both PC and Mac platforms so you can use this forum to ask questions, share tips, and connect with other Luxor: 5th Passage players.

If you need further technical assistance for your Mac game, we recommend contacting tech support through our Webform, or if you're a Game Club Member, by connecting to Live Chat. To find answers online, you can take a glance at the Mac Game Errors help article..

If you have questions about how to use the forums, please click the FAQ link to the right of this page.

Happy Gaming!

bfgImbrium

Edited on 11/19/2010 at 12:38:05 AM PST

Re:The Mac version of Luxor: 5th Passage is here!

[Post New]by maclotta on Nov 20, 10 4:12 AM
This game doesn't work real well on my MacBookPro. Ctrl-click does not work to switch the color of the ball. Several clicks are sometimes needed to fire. I've played all the Luxor games and have not had trouble before.

lilitu93
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
471 Posts

[Post New]by lilitu93 on Nov 21, 10 3:18 PM
maclotta wrote:This game doesn't work real well on my MacBookPro. Ctrl-click does not work to switch the color of the ball. Several clicks are sometimes needed to fire. I've played all the Luxor games and have not had trouble before.

I'm having the same problem with needing multiple clicks to fire, though I'm usually able to change colours fine. The mouse is also extremely slow to move back and forth. I tried rebooting and making sure I didn't have other apps running, and it didn't help.

I'm also going to post in the technical troubles thread. My computer is well over the listed specs - MacBook with 2GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor and 2GB RAM. I'm running Leopard 10.5.8.

My husband played it on his iMac, however, with no problems. I don't remember the specs of it off the top of my head, except I know it has 4GB RAM, higher processor (as it's newer) and is running Snow Leopard.

RyeMcLaughlin
Stingray
Stingray
4,659 Posts

[Post New]by RyeMcLaughlin on Nov 22, 10 7:21 AM
When I use the Magic Mouse (a wireless one) the cursor seems to hesitate. Even with the tracking turned all the way up. With a wired mouse, it was better. Ran out of time before I could do much of a comparison. Also Ctrl Click did not work. (Thanks maclotta for reminding me.) I've never had problems with this mouse before.

Specs on my Mac:

OSX version 10.6.4
Processor 3.06 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
Memory 4 GB 1067 MHz RAM
ATI Radeon HD 4670 graphics card
1TB Serial ATA drive

Adobe Flash player
Flash Player.plugin 10.1 r85

QuickTime Player version 10.0

lilitu93
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
471 Posts

[Post New]by lilitu93 on Nov 22, 10 11:24 AM
RyeMcLaughlin wrote:When I use the Magic Mouse (a wireless one) the cursor seems to hesitate. Even with the tracking turned all the way up. With a wired mouse, it was better. Ran out of time before I could do much of a comparison. Also Ctrl Click did not work. (Thanks maclotta for reminding me.) I've never had problems with this mouse before.

My husband has the same mouse (and similar specs, I think), and he had no problems. So I don't think it's the mouse, except that wireless mice track slightly worse than wired in general. I'm on a trackpad, as I'm on a Macbook.

[Post New]by loreena26 on Nov 27, 10 11:35 AM
This game is virtually unplayable on my Mac. So frustrating. No matter what I do, the lags in shooting and moving the shooter make it impossible to compete. Seriously, you shouldn't release a game until you've worked out the bugs. Extremely disappointed that I spent the money!

lilitu93
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
471 Posts

[Post New]by lilitu93 on Nov 28, 10 6:16 AM
loreena26 wrote:This game is virtually unplayable on my Mac. So frustrating. No matter what I do, the lags in shooting and moving the shooter make it impossible to compete. Seriously, you shouldn't release a game until you've worked out the bugs. Extremely disappointed that I spent the money!

Have you contacted CS? I'd like to get this game eventually, but I can't play it on one of our Macs, even though it works fine on the other. Even if they can't fix it, they will give you a credit as you paid for it and it doesn't work.

[Post New]by loreena26 on Nov 30, 10 5:49 PM
Thanks, ili for your response. I do want a refund, but I can't figure out how to submit a form to CS. My only option is to "check here for answers" which leads me to all the canned responses to others' questions. But how do I actually submit my request??

[Post New]by nanalinnell on Dec 8, 10 3:56 PM
I just started playing this game and have the same issue with not being able to change the color of the marble with right click (which the "How to Play" section instructions me to do). Is there another way to switch colors or is this an unresolvable issue with MacBook Pro computers? I will contact BF if I don't get a response here.

bdorr
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
2 Posts

[Post New]by bdorr on Dec 21, 11 3:43 PM
I have the same problem as everyone else. Too much hesitation when shooting and the response from the computer is too slow, very hard to play. I was hoping they would fix it and let us update the old version. It was a WASTE OF MONEY!!!!!

Go to: