bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Your Comments and Reviews for Dora Saves the Crystal Kingdom

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Nov 20, 10 1:21 AM
Hey Fishies! What do you think of Dora Saves the Crystal Kingdom? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments, opinions, hints and tips in this thread!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

Happy gaming!

bfgFlounder

doctorgood
Clownfish
Clownfish
589 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Dora Saves the Crystal Kingdom

[Post New]by doctorgood on Nov 20, 10 1:23 PM
I finished it in 1.5 hrs. Great game, a little on the easy side for me.
Dr.good

Poutoule
Archerfish
Archerfish
41,630 Posts

[Post New]by Poutoule on Nov 21, 10 2:22 AM
What's going on ? 2 days that this forum is here when the new games don't appear in the forum ??? Lazy WE ???

doctorgood
Clownfish
Clownfish
589 Posts

[Post New]by doctorgood on Nov 21, 10 7:42 AM
Poutoule wrote:What's going on ? 2 days that this forum is here when the new games don't appear in the forum ??? Lazy WE ???

Nah,Dora just got so many hits that decided to leave it up all weekend so everyone had a chance to express an opinion of it. By the way,how did you like it?
Dr.good
p.s. I nailed that sucker in 1.5 hrs. Didn't use a hint! Didn't go to the walk through!

FairyonPegasus
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,501 Posts

[Post New]by FairyonPegasus on Nov 21, 10 8:24 AM
I love that BF offers games like this for those of us with children/grandchildren. The 9 and 10 year old aren't interested in this game, "It's for little kids" Then again they like playing the Nancy Drew games so I guess it would seem a little too easy for them.

I'd set the age to 7 and under. My 7 year old grandson still enjoys playing these games and helping his younger siblings to play them. The 2, 3, and 5 year old love these games and could play them over and over. They'd live on Nick Jr. if we let them.
edit to add: I think I should have specified the Nick Jr. website which offers these types of game for the children.

Grandma also loves sitting her with her grandchildren and playing them, seeing them actually learn something new. Which is the important thing for me. (Spending quality time with my grandchildren and seeing them learn and progress.) So this gets a thumbs up from me and will be a purchase.

I should also add, although the 9 and 10 year old don't want the game for themselves...they don't mind sitting with their younger siblings and cousins and helping them to play which is a great bonding experience for them as well.

Edited on 11/21/2010 at 8:30:59 AM PST

ember89
Flounder
Flounder
2,103 Posts

[Post New]by ember89 on Nov 30, 10 11:38 AM
i felt that the game was really "team-oriented" in that the 'puzzles' were aimed at smaller children, but the mario-style crystal gathering was more for an older child or grown-up...

my niece [age 5] plays several games from BFG - unwell mel, purrfect pet shop, ranch rush, mahjong towers eternity, etc - that are all mouse driven... she excels at nearly all of them and out-performs me in some cases! she doesn't so well with some of the games we've experimented with that are controlled via the keyboard... arrows and space bar are just too much for her to control right now... that said...

i think the 'find this shape' and 'click on the numbers in order' are just behind her... she's had both covered for a long time... she gets bored very easily with things she has already learned that she no longer finds entertaining... this child is going to be a time management junkie - now! now! now!

mind you she plays the candy land and boardwalk games as well as some educational games on her leapfrog that feature dora, but she's starting to feel like she's growing up and dora isn't for her anymore...

i would advise playing a snipet of the game yourself and then asking your little one to join you if you think it would interest them... it's a very cute game with a lot of potential to teach children about helping others - something dora is always doing!

LilyCat
Minnow
Minnow
220 Posts

[Post New]by LilyCat on Oct 30, 11 3:22 AM
My 4 year old grandson finished this game on the easy setting within the demo time, but he wanted to play it again so I had to buy it! Trying to persuade him to try the harder version now. He liked printing out the pictures to colour as well. Now I have to find a piece of cardboard to stick the magic wand on to!

Go to: