bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Your Comments and Reviews for Margrave Manor 2: The Lost Ship

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Nov 20, 10 1:23 AM
Hey Fishies! What do you think of Margrave Manor 2: The Lost Ship? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments, opinions, hints and tips in this thread!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

Happy gaming!

bfgFlounder

joannickle
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
45,038 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Margrave Manor 2: The Lost Ship

[Post New]by joannickle on Nov 20, 10 2:13 AM
I liked the personality of the characters. They actually had something to say to each other and helped other aspects of the game. That at times were a little hard to take, such as sometimes its true things were a little hard to see.But I would pay for it as a DD. If you like the characterization of the woman who sounded like mnnie Driver.

doctorgood
Clownfish
Clownfish
589 Posts

[Post New]by doctorgood on Nov 20, 10 6:04 AM
CasualGran wrote:Well, this second Margrave Manor looks like an improvement compared to the first, but still... I don't think I'll buy, DD prize or not. The graphics look grainy and it's not easy sometimes to discover the objects. Also, you're tricked whith more than 1 object that fits the description. Like a ball, for instance. I clicked on two balls, without success, 'cause it appeared to be a third one. Tedious. Furthermore it's the treasure-hunting grandpa again, needing assistance, although this time he's already dead. All in all, an uninteresting HOG, with a few skippable puzzles.

I'm not pleased with it, but if you are:

Happy Gaming!

Thanks again Casualgran, you saved me some download/trial time. You told me everything I need to know.
Take care ma'am.
Dr.good

[Post New]by CAYFOR on Nov 20, 10 9:39 AM
The game scenes load a bit slow but the special effects once you get to the scene make that worthwhile. It has a "brightness" option--first time I've seen that and it is very nice. I think the objects are well-hidden but identifiable especially when you brighten up the screen. In my opinion it is well worth the price of the DD.

[Post New]by kris_cross48 on Nov 20, 10 2:45 PM
well that was disappointing...I was hopeful about this DD. Should have known it was a DD for some reason. The voices were flat, like the actors were very bored with their lines which hurt the movement of the game, I thought.
The graphics were fine, not an A but still fine..just kind of dull. The items were difficult to find because you only have one or two items at a time to find and their always the ones you can't find.
The hint system is frustrating- you get 2 hints and if your real good and don't use them in 3 minutes you'll get another. Well, even if you aren't good, if you wait 3 minutes you'll get another. Meanwhile the item list is getting on your last nerve becasue only 2-3 or showing and you see a gazzillion things that obviously need to be found...just not yet.
I guess I'm just disappointed in having no fresh new game to be excited about this weekend...Phantom was released but the CE was bought a long time ago. SO this might be a reaction to replaying Phanthom of the Opera with the Wow graphics, music and gameplay. Pretty hard to compare the two games.
Chris

Cobweb55
Minnow
Minnow
256 Posts

[Post New]by Cobweb55 on Nov 20, 10 6:18 PM
Dodged another bullet!! Passing on this one with the best of you!! Thanks for all the honest reviews!!

[Post New]by The_Lizard on Nov 21, 10 5:11 AM
The graphics were really good for the introduction and the characters. I enjoyed the gem puzzles which also had great graphics, and the pipe puzzle which had an unusual twist to it.

I felt that the hidden object scenes were a bit of a let down 'cos you had to find the same items over and over again in the same few rooms. Piecing together endless notes was also a bit tedious.

[Post New]by LttleFishBigPond on Jan 10, 11 2:10 PM
SPOILER!
I'm so disappointed. Tried the demo and liked the graphics. Bought the game.
It wasn't long before the background of the rooms turned to black and my six year old niece was able to quickly find the hidden objects. Also the constant repeats of the same objects over and over presented NO Challenge. To add to this, by the time I easily reached the 8th level the characters voices were gone and only the dialog was displayed and these dialogs were flashed and gone so quickly the story thread was gone. The Lost Ship demo promised much much more than it delivered. From now on I'm going to read each and every post in the forum concerning a game in which I am interested instead of buying blindly. I should have learned my lesson with Shutter Island which I foolishly bought. One play through and I deleted it from my pc. I may keep The Lost Ship because my six year old niece seems to like it.

Jadakiss2000
Minnow
Minnow
209 Posts

[Post New]by Jadakiss2000 on Mar 24, 11 8:32 PM
Played the first one and immediately played this one back to back. This one was better than the first one. I would play a chapter or two a day. I was at 66% of items found at the stories end. The ending was the best part of the whole game. I am now going to play Severed Heart.

[Post New]by certainblue on Apr 18, 11 2:24 AM
Quite possibly the most boring, tedious, and overly-simple HOG I've ever played - and repetitive - pretty much the same thing, over & over - just no comparison with games like the MCF series, Phantom, etc.

[Post New]by Tammilee on May 1, 11 4:30 AM
SPOILER ALERT!!
I am currently playing this game and do not like it as much as the 1st, glad I used a credit to buy it and not actually pay for it. The reviews raved about the great graphics but I find it fuzzy and hard to find things compared to the 1st one! The rooms seem very cluttered And things are placed very hard! I spent quite of bit of time look for 1) a blue stamp on wallpaper the same color and 2) a pencil on the edge of picture frame the same color as well. It does get tiring looking the same places over and over, that was the only problem with the 1st as well. Also did not like how if you go back to read the story part.. it give you ALL the letters, in effect, telling the story before you have "found it out". I do use the walkthroughs (which are great) but even they leave an air of mystery to the ending!
I keep playing just to get to the "story and talking" parts. This I found nicer than the 1st game. I did buy the 3rd in the series to have all 3 and got the Collector's edition, so I am REALLY hoping that one is better!!

Just out of curiosity, I am new to the Forum.. what does "DD" stand for? Thanks to anyone who will answer.
Have a good day!

chickenjools
Squid
Squid
74 Posts

[Post New]by chickenjools on May 14, 11 11:19 AM
I demo'd this after playing Margrave: The Curse of the Severed Heart which was a great game. I'm so glad that I did demo it and didn't just buy it which I very nearly did as I'd enjoyed severed Heart so much.

I hated it! Played it for 25 mins to try and allow it to develop but its just one hidden object scene after another. Its listed in the Adventure game section but there's nothing very adventurous about it. The graphics are choppy, it's slow, the written dialogue goes past so quickly it's impossible to read.

Pure hidden object fans will probably like it but it's a big NO from me!

Meritre
Guppy
Guppy
177 Posts

[Post New]by Meritre on May 28, 11 11:41 PM
I tried this based on Margrave: Curse of the Severed Heart, and how much I enjoyed that one. They stripped out everything in Lost Ship that made Severed Heart fun. The worst part is the method of how hidden object scenes are handled. Showing 3-4 objects at a time, scrolling in new ones along the single line is not enjoyable. The puzzles are not worth wading through the awful method of hidden objects. Didn't even finish the demo, and wouldn't recommend this to anyone.

runtotorun
Lobster
Lobster
82 Posts

[Post New]by runtotorun on Sep 10, 11 11:58 AM
Zzzzzz...Pretty much sums it up.

NANONAN
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by NANONAN on Sep 15, 11 10:39 AM
Yawwwwwwwwn. Boring, boring, boring. Slow, too much chat and banal characters.

[Post New]by suzzie6043604 on Sep 16, 11 10:59 PM
The game would be more fun if I didn't fall a sleep waiting for the next screen to load.
And before you ask I have high speed broad band and never had a game load this slow.

Nagasse
Stingray
Stingray
5,251 Posts

[Post New]by Nagasse on Dec 21, 11 5:41 PM
Te graphics looked better than the first, the storyline could load faster and the screens could move faster. I am divided on if I should play beyond the demo because its not looking very challenging, I didn't miind the storyline, I just wished it would load faster. I probably didn't have the upgraded version, so I may just need to uninstall and reinstall if I decided to purchase the whole game.

marg6043
Clownfish
Clownfish
582 Posts

[Post New]by marg6043 on Jan 1, 12 6:38 AM
I played the demo in the first one and didn't like it, but this one for some reason was different so I bought it, the game is ok, have nice graphics but it can turn boring at times.

Still I played the whole game and found the ending of the story rather nice.

[Post New]by Old_Man_River on Aug 17, 12 4:19 PM
Didn't really enjoy this one. Deleted the game after a couple of hours. Try it yourself thouhg. It just seemed to be one HO after another with an occasional spot the difference thrown in.

Go to: