bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Post any Margrave Manor 2: The Lost Ship technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Nov 20, 10 1:23 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

Re:Post any Margrave Manor 2: The Lost Ship technical issues here only

[Post New]by kidlit43 on Nov 20, 10 12:44 PM
I do love (she says sarcastically) using 10 minutes of the demo hour trying to shut off the non-responsive game not once but twice.
Dump!

orchidna
Minnow
Minnow
280 Posts

[Post New]by orchidna on Nov 20, 10 1:50 PM
I receive the following error when I try to start the game:

"Cannnot find import; DLL may be missing, corrupt, or wrong version File "avcodec-52.dll", error 998 "

I've uninstalled and reinstalled, to no avail. I was really looking forward to playing and hopefully purchasing it.

I have Windows 7 Professional.

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Nov 20, 10 2:11 PM
Hey Fishies,

You may want to try to temporarily disable or turn off any antivirus programs, then try to install the game again. If you're still unable to play the game, please write in to Tech Support.

Here's a help article to help you with the disabling:

Problem Downloading or Installation Failed

Thank you!

-bfgArnoStyx

abitmore
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by abitmore on Nov 20, 10 9:53 PM
Same 998 error as orchidna and I'm running Windows 7, also.

I did an uninstall/re-install between attempts...

No other programs running...

Made sure all bfg programs had correct permissions in antivirus, which they did.

Finally turned off all antivirus, etc. but still getting same error .

I've been fooling with this for hours, now. If anyone finds a way, pls let me know.

[Post New]by 109500 on Nov 21, 10 4:53 PM
I also am having a problem with Margrave. Getting the same error as everyone else. I have uninstalled twice and can get it to work when I reinstall but when I exit and then try to come back I get the error message. Let me know if anyone has a solution. I also have windows 7. Game worked find during trial so I purchased and now I have a game I paid for and can't play.

SMQMC
Guppy
Guppy
129 Posts

[Post New]by SMQMC on Nov 21, 10 5:21 PM
orchidna wrote:I receive the following error when I try to start the game:

"Cannnot find import; DLL may be missing, corrupt, or wrong version File "avcodec-52.dll", error 998 "

I've uninstalled and reinstalled, to no avail. I was really looking forward to playing and hopefully purchasing it.

I have Windows 7 Professional.

I had exactly the same problem, but just ignored it and kept clicking on "Play." I did that a couple of times and the game came up. This happened three times when I left and came back to "Re-play." Then it told me I already had a game open and to close it before I could play! These things only happened after I had been playing off and on during the week (it's a LONG game). I finally finished the game and went on to play the "Free Play" part of the game. I was able to get into ALL the rooms except for the Captain's Quarters. Then the screen just went black with the cursor. I had to hit Esc to get out of there. Went back three times, but it still wouldn't let me in the room. So, I figured I got my money's worth out of the game anyway!

[Post New]by rabbit60 on Nov 25, 10 8:42 AM
I too am getting the same error message after playing it ok for a couple of times. Now it won't load. I've tried reinstalling it but no joy. I have windows vista

Edited on 11/27/2010 at 4:41:14 AM PST

mawmaw46
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by mawmaw46 on Mar 3, 11 5:12 PM
rabbit60 wrote:I too am getting the same error message after playing it ok for a couple of times. Now it won't load. I've tried reinstalling it but no joy. I have windows vista

I notice that this is an old post. I played this game for a while and then went on to other games. Today, I decided to play it again and I am now getting this error message. Did they ever come up with something to fix it??

Go to: