Sablesshadow
Manatee
Manatee
4,347 Posts

What a terrific game!

[Post New]by Sablesshadow on Nov 20, 10 7:59 AM
Just finished playing The Treasures of Mystery Island: the Gates of Fate and thoroughly enjoyed it. It was a really long and involved game, imo, and it took me about 6-7 hours to finish it.

I'm really coming to enjoy and appreciate Frogs, and I think this was one of the best. You had to put together pieces of an item, and then find out where to use it. So I guess it can also be classified as an IHog as well. Sometimes you have to go to another room to use the item, but it made sense logically.

Thought the mini-games were some of the most intriguing, mainly because they were different from the run of the mill minis that so many games use.

The Hint system refilled rapidly, so there was no sitting around drumming your fingers, waiting for the hints to fill up.

laila60
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

Re:What a terrific game!

[Post New]by laila60 on Dec 21, 10 9:15 PM
sono d'accordo è un bellissimo gioco e anche abbastanza lungo, vale l'acquisto ciao

Kashmiraka
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

[Post New]by Kashmiraka on Apr 9, 11 9:10 AM
I agree wholeheartedly, this game was fantastic, it took me a little over 6 hours to finish also, I loved all the puzzles! A big thumbs up from me, I just discovered this Mystery Island series and they certainly are worth the money in terms of length and imagination, not the same old mini-games and to me, the tasks were quite logical and super fun!

[Post New]by Needletime2 on May 5, 11 10:58 PM
Yes, yes and yes!
Frogs are my favorite and this was super! Characters are a bit "stiff" but the whole series seems to be like that...........did not detract from the play.
Just finished it, took me forever but will miss it.
Had to use the walkthrough a couple of times but what the heck!
Loads of fragments and some hard to find but that makes it more interesting. Mini puzzles were unusual and some drove me nuts but that's what it's about.
Have played all three in the series.............time for another Alawar!

Go to: