pinger1
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

fiction fixers the curse of oz?

[Post New]by pinger1 on Nov 21, 10 1:38 AM
Where is the forum or chit-chat on this game I love all tour fishy comments and miss them this morning?

poopysue
Shark
Shark
10,858 Posts

Re:fiction fixers the curse of oz?

[Post New]by poopysue on Nov 21, 10 1:41 AM
It will be up soon! It's still the middle of the night most places. Welcome to the pond!

Edited on 11/21/2010 at 1:42:14 AM PST

marie1931
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
23,099 Posts

[Post New]by marie1931 on Nov 21, 10 1:42 AM
Hi pinger

Welcome to the pond

It's TGT game, so for me, the forum will be available tomorrow (maybe I'm wrong...)

Enjoy playing and chating on

marie

88blyth
Catfish
Catfish
1,705 Posts

[Post New]by 88blyth on Nov 21, 10 1:42 AM
i am waiting too..i have played 30 mins of the demo and...considering i dont even like the wizard of oz film i am quite enjoying this so far x x

LEOTA26
Guppy
Guppy
171 Posts

[Post New]by LEOTA26 on Nov 21, 10 1:50 AM
I was wondering the same thing. The forum for the game is usually up the same time as the game is available give or take a few min. however, this time it is taking longer.

happyasaclam
Minnow
Minnow
292 Posts

[Post New]by happyasaclam on Nov 21, 10 1:51 AM
hey fishes just did the demoon this my demoo flew by . game is clear great art work. good voice acting fun story line as for the forum i think a mod is takeing a cat nap .time to wake up now. morfe on the gamr after bi buy have fun fishes ps wonder if they are geting ready for tuseday & m c f 7 hummmmmmmmm what do you all think

Edited on 11/21/2010 at 1:56:09 AM PST

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on Nov 21, 10 2:06 AM
It's the weekend, most the mods are off Sunday. Forgot which we are to wake up with coffee, may be in Ireland. But the walkthrough is already on the blog. Thanks prpldva, just in time. Looks like one I'll like, always loved the characters in Wz of Oz, each one portraying inner qualities we should all work toward. A lot of wizdom in this story, or at least the film which is in my top 5 favorites. Hope the flavor gets through another adaptation. Off to d/l, hope we all have some good news, but I know, can't please everyone.

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on Nov 21, 10 2:12 AM
The actual Game Forums are set up automatically so there must be a glitch in the system somewhere. The comments and review thread is usually started by a Mod when they get up in the morning (or me when I get impatient ) but we do have permission to start the review thread rather than just sit about waiting so I will go and do that if Goofy, Peglegann, Casualgran or doctorgood don't beat me to it first.

PS

You could always enter my contest to win a free game while you are waiting .

ETA

Apologies to doctorgood ... slight case of CRS

Edited on 11/21/2010 at 2:40:57 AM PST

rara3462
Guppy
Guppy
108 Posts

[Post New]by rara3462 on Nov 21, 10 2:21 AM
Hi all, I really enjoyed the demo but only played for 35 mins the demo was over, when I checked the walkthrough, I was just about to begin chapter six, thats fine but there are only 8 chapters. Doesn't seem as though it will be that long a game.
I did play one regular mode but that shouldn't make that much difference as i only used the hint button twice ( maybe the last 2 chapters are longer!!)

doctorgood
Clownfish
Clownfish
589 Posts

[Post New]by doctorgood on Nov 21, 10 2:23 AM
cherbtoo wrote:The actual Game Forums are set up automatically so there must be a glitch in the system somewhere. The comments and review thread is usually started by a Mod when they get up in the morning (or me when I get impatient ) but we do have permission to start the review thread rather than just sit about waiting so I will go and do that if Goofy, Peglegann, Casualgran or DrRobert don't beat me to it first.

PS

Who is DrRobert? When did he sneak in here?
Dr.good
p.s. I did try a few minutes of the trial and my first impression is but it's to early to say for sure. I was wandering around looking for a forum for this game. Somebody gonna' start one?

Edited on 11/21/2010 at 2:24:53 AM PST

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on Nov 21, 10 2:25 AM
Oh my! 441mbs, must be a long game, or just the graphics. Only takes 512Ram, that's odd. Not taking long on high speed cable, halfway there in about 2 minutes. Even sample is 242mb. Am waiting to see if widescreen, the first one Alice was which is why I bought it, just never finished yet. Seems it had a lot of dark hard to see little things and needed a WT. Good quality, but yes, lots of to and fro. I don't mind if this one is a bit on the easier side, don't want to live on the WT.

OH YIPPIE!! FULL WIDESCREEN ON W7 64bit, 17.3 laptop, 9000x600 res. SOLD!!

pinger1
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by pinger1 on Nov 21, 10 2:25 AM
thanks cherbtoo and all fishies who do all the wonderful reviews. I enjoy these almost as much as the games.

pinger1
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by pinger1 on Nov 21, 10 2:28 AM
thanks cherbtoo and all fishies who do all the wonderful reviews. I enjoy these almost as much as the games.

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on Nov 21, 10 2:28 AM
Options Regular, skip and hint buttons recharge quicker
Active Zones highlighted sparkles
Construct pieces highlighted.

Expert Mode
Slower recharge
Active zones not highlighted
Construct pieces not highlighted

You can chaange difficulty at any time from Main Menu. Something for everyone??

amj0963
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,544 Posts

[Post New]by amj0963 on Nov 21, 10 2:28 AM
hi rara, i also got to the beginning of chapter 6 in my demo time but by the walkthrough we are not quite halfway done. i believe there is a lot of backtracking.

i really like the game, of course i love the wizard of oz. i thought the voices were excellent, the characters are cute, quirky and funny. i just wish we could have seen some munchkins in the beginning, hopefully there will be some as they are cute. i find this game very enjoyable, not a lot of dialogue which is good, there are some pieces that you have to find to put together (they are fragments) and the pieces will light up in the bottom of your screen if you are in a scene where they are located.

this is going to be a buy for me.

i give it 3 1/2 (if the munchkins would have been there to greet us i would have given it 4 1/2 )

pinger1
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by pinger1 on Nov 21, 10 2:30 AM
A special thanks to Goofy, Peglegann, Casualgran or Dr Good I really do appreciate all your wonderful reviews and it is only because they were not there this morning that I realised how much I miss them

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on Nov 21, 10 2:42 AM
Interesting Hint button, it charges up, but you click on the word in list you want help to find and it goes directly there. So it isn't random. I usually just ask hint on the last item to move on, but already did for a match, being timed here ya know. Also, some frags to find in scenes, but none in nice HOs so far. Piecemeal comments I know, but playing on lappy with pc on too. Displays great, clear.

Poutoule
Archerfish
Archerfish
41,630 Posts

[Post New]by Poutoule on Nov 21, 10 3:11 AM
Was desperatly looking for a forum for this game and ended up here. Usually the newest forum only last a day, it changes at 9 am, (our time in Europe !) and the Dora forum has been here for 2 days. May be is taking a long lazy WE ?? Never mind, thanks to you all, only played a bit of the demo and get a clearer idea with your comments.

nomatt
Herring
Herring
377 Posts

[Post New]by nomatt on Nov 21, 10 3:19 AM
I was looking for the forum too, always good to have other opinions before buying. I have played almost all the hour then bought it anyway. Seems a very easy game, not much challenge. I am on chapter 4 and there are only eight, used no hints on expert mode, very easy game. Had a quick look at the walkthrough, just to get an idea of the length mind, seems chapter 4 is around a third through so maybe later chapters get more complicated. A nice game all the same.

Edited on 11/21/2010 at 3:21:00 AM PST

[Post New]by WiccanWoman530 on Nov 21, 10 3:23 AM
cherbtoo wrote:The actual Game Forums are set up automatically so there must be a glitch in the system somewhere. The comments and review thread is usually started by a Mod when they get up in the morning (or me when I get impatient ) but we do have permission to start the review thread rather than just sit about waiting so I will go and do that if Goofy, Peglegann, Casualgran or doctorgood don't beat me to it first.

PS

Well I went there first and burned some brain cells on a poem for that vary subject!

Yes game forum I think is automatic, only time I see one off is sometimes a soft release gets made after TGT accidentally.. maybe we were supposed to have one today too! Wishful thinking I know but can't blame a girl for trying!

Go to: