[Post New]by gimmegames on Nov 21, 10 3:53 AM
Post 'em if ya got 'em...

MarpleLover
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,415 Posts

Re:The Dracula Files - DD 11/21/2010 - Comments and Reviews

[Post New]by MarpleLover on Nov 21, 10 4:11 AM
Duplicate thread, third one on today's DD.

*carry on*

jennsmom
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by jennsmom on Nov 21, 10 4:12 AM
I played for a whole 5 minutes before deciding that I didn't wish to play an entire HOG with a magnifying glass. I don't mind using it a bit, but this was too much. I admit, the cartoon aspect put me off a bit, but I thought I might get used to it. However, after finding out that no, the outline of the scarf did not match the actual scarf, etc., I felt that even $2.99 was too much for this game.

care___916
Clownfish
Clownfish
988 Posts

[Post New]by care___916 on Nov 21, 10 4:42 AM
Great storyline and great ending. The graphics are not the greatest and alot of ojebcts very hard to identify. A lot of dialog, which I like, you can click to speed it up but you cannot skip dialog.

If the graphics were a little better it wouldnt be a bad game.

Happy game day

[Post New]by BarbaraFish on Nov 21, 10 4:49 AM
I played for the full hour and had started enjoying it. The graphics were okay to me. I didn't have any problems finding things and the puzzles were ok. However, going to the walkthrough, i see that i am about 60% finished. So, for that reason alone, it's a no buy for me.

gimmegames
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,231 Posts

[Post New]by gimmegames on Nov 21, 10 5:24 AM
MarpleLover wrote:Duplicate thread, third one on today's DD.

*carry on*

I only saw DD - is this the old version? topic... which didn't sound to me like "comments and reviews" in general. Not intending to step on any toes or be rude... Sometimes there's a topic and I'm too sleepy to notice it though (it's 3 am my time when the new games are put on the site)... my apologies when that happens...

[Post New]by LapTopDancerr on Nov 21, 10 6:16 AM
Something is still strange about this game even after the update. The comic book downloaded and after playing the game for just a few minutes, it would have made the game better if they had used the "comic book graphics" instead of what is used to tell the story in the actual game.
The 'nordic viking red hair look' puts me off. The H-0 scene (only made it partially through the first one) is kind of a mess. I have 20/20 eyesight, but it appeared more than just junk pile....and small...it was also "warped". Sorry can't explain it better. It's unfortunate all around....I live in Napa, where this story is based, and would have loved to have had a great game with story where I live. I am so disappointed and won't even buy this for $2.99 or a free coupon/credit.

Akenta
Guppy
Guppy
121 Posts

[Post New]by Akenta on Nov 21, 10 6:20 AM
I thought the game was ok, but a little buggy. I got less than 1/2 way through on the demo, and that was hitting esc on the stories (might have caused my bugs), using the hint occasionally, and even skipping a couple puzzles.

I played in timed-mode. It starts you off with 3 minutes to find everything, but each time you find something, time is added (about 10 seconds). Wildly clicking gives you some kind of penalty (I saw a -20, and guess it takes away time). You can change the cursor, but it's still not the cursor I use everyday on my computer. At one point I had both types of cursors on my screen.

If I didn't have so many games bought and waiting to be solved (along with a lot downloaded waiting to try the demo so I can buy), I would probably get this game.

hogamefan
Minnow
Minnow
211 Posts

[Post New]by hogamefan on Nov 21, 10 6:36 AM
Firstly, Gimmegames, I don't believe you need to apologise at all. Yours was the only thread in this forum that I could find that asked for comments/reviews on this game as today's DD, and I don't believe such a terse response from the next person down was warranted. Maybe there are other threads in other forums such as CCC but not everyone trawls through that thread to find opinions on a certain game - I know I don't.

Anyway, on to my comments for the game. I am afraid I only lasted around 20 minutes. There was something about the graphics that just hurt my eyes. I didn't even bother to read the storyline, as the whole game just didn't 'grab' me. I was disappointed, as I like to see a hidden object game offered on the DD, but I can wait for another one.

Happy gaming to all.

joyce2121
Manatee
Manatee
4,490 Posts

[Post New]by joyce2121 on Nov 21, 10 7:30 AM
MarpleLover wrote:Duplicate thread, third one on today's DD.

*carry on*

Can't find them, where are they?

sartasia
Stingray
Stingray
4,581 Posts

[Post New]by sartasia on Nov 21, 10 7:35 AM
I bought this the first time it was released and in all the time that I have been a member of the pond this is the only game that ever fell into the "I'm so sorry I bought this catagory."
Too short, too annoying in the "H0" scenes and the graphics irritated me.
I even cringed when I saw it come up as the DD.
I'm sure there are other fishies who will like this, especially for the price, but it's a no for me.

Edited on 11/21/2010 at 1:43:25 PM PST

snapnhiss
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by snapnhiss on Nov 21, 10 8:57 AM
I've already posted that I don't understand why a separate DD thread is needed when there's already a perfectly good original review thread (and didn't I get jumped on for that comment!) but if you're going to go ahead and start a DD review thread anyway, it'd be nice if the creator actually had a review to start the thread with.

joyce2121
Manatee
Manatee
4,490 Posts

[Post New]by joyce2121 on Nov 21, 10 10:06 AM
snapnhiss wrote:I've already posted that I don't understand why a separate DD thread is needed when there's already a perfectly good original review thread (and didn't I get jumped on for that comment!) but if you're going to go ahead and start a DD review thread anyway, it'd be nice if the creator actually had a review to start the thread with.

Don't believe in jumping on anyone for expressing their opinion.
We just agree to disagree. When the DD review threads started
a while back, I fonnd them usefull. I'm happy someone starts them
early in the am so they are there when I arrive.

robin94122
Salmon
Salmon
2,810 Posts

[Post New]by robin94122 on Nov 21, 10 11:05 AM
In this particular case I think it makes some sense as there was a major update to the game a couple of months after it was first released. You'll find that a lot of the original reviews talk about the calculator problem--that task isn't even in the version now available as the DD. Also the comic book bonus wasn't available in the original version. So I do see some justification in starting a new review thread for the current version.

Robin

p.s. Description of the changes that were included in the current version, which is the one offered as a DD:

According to pale-skinned winery owner Vladimir Draco, in response to feedback from players, the new version has lightened many of the scenes, found new hiding places for many objects, and gotten rid of that blasted calculator.

Edited on 11/21/2010 at 11:08:41 AM PST

[Post New]by lilpollyesther on Nov 21, 10 11:40 AM
First time I've posted. I want to support the great usefulness of the DD review.

1. It's concise & to the point-saves time in wading through original release reviews.
2. Considers the price point issue, which is of significance in DD decision
3. Updates the tech or playing issues that may have been original
4. Fast, easy go-to for a specific consideration
5. It is a natural flow of info from members based on BF offering-meaning it arose spontaneously from members communicating to each other about a sub-set of BF offerings

I use it constantly, and hope that other contrary comments don't stop the DD reviews. All of the reviews are available for further info if one wants it.

JessF
Clownfish
Clownfish
773 Posts

[Post New]by JessF on Nov 21, 10 3:15 PM
lilpollyesther wrote:First time I've posted. I want to support the great usefulness of the DD review.

1. It's concise & to the point-saves time in wading through original release reviews.
5. It is a natural flow of info from members based on BF offering-meaning it arose spontaneously from members communicating to each other about a sub-set of BF offerings

I use it constantly, and hope that other contrary comments don't stop the DD reviews. All of the reviews are available for further info if one wants it.

I completely agree. I came to this forum specifically looking for this thread. I do not bother reading the review/comments from when the game was previously offered.
Too many things may have changed.

Thank you gimmegames for starting this.

Delta77
Guppy
Guppy
149 Posts

[Post New]by Delta77 on Nov 21, 10 3:29 PM
snapnhiss wrote:I've already posted that I don't understand why a separate DD thread is needed when there's already a perfectly good original review thread (and didn't I get jumped on for that comment!) but if you're going to go ahead and start a DD review thread anyway, it'd be nice if the creator actually had a review to start the thread with.

Ok, you don't like the separate DD threads but some of us do for several reasons. You are entitled to your opinion; if you don't like the separate DD thread then don't look at it but let the people who like it, use it.
As for the fishie starting the DD thread, they are starting it to ask for other's opinions; if they have tried they usually do post a review. Again, if you just don't look at it, you won't be bothered with it since it seems to annoy you.

[Post New]by VladimirDraco on Nov 21, 10 3:53 PM
You can press ESC to skip the dialogue. Enjoy!

sartasia
Stingray
Stingray
4,581 Posts

[Post New]by sartasia on Nov 21, 10 4:35 PM
lilpollyesther wrote:First time I've posted. I want to support the great usefulness of the DD review.

I agree with all of the above (especially the second point) and I might add that with passing of time what might have been great may be just so-so now. I like the real time feedback.

[Post New]by Dark_Promise on Nov 21, 10 7:18 PM
I don't post much but wanted to add another vote for Gimme DD threads If a DD is a type I am interested in I head right to the forum and look for it. At times I WILL go back to the original thread discussing it but as a DD it is a whole other product that calls for a different perspective. I look for and use these Post 'em if ya got 'em... threads and if Gimme has not added a review SO WHAT. The point is the start of the thread for them and I appreciate it. THANK YOU GIMME!

And to those that don't like it, do you Admin this site? Did someone make you the Thread Police? Does it cost you time or money? Is there some reason I am missing that makes it impossible for you to IGNORE these threads? It's a great big site, pass on one thread a day. Be happy - party on

Go to: