bfgDonau
Flounder
Flounder
2,464 Posts

Post any Fiction Fixers: The Curse of OZ technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgDonau on Nov 21, 10 9:14 AM
If you are having problems getting Fiction Fixers: The Curse of OZ to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

*When posting in this thread, it also helps to mention whether you're playing the PC or Mac version of the game.

Edited on 12/12/2010 at 9:24:51 AM PST

themaestro023
Squid
Squid
76 Posts

Last Map Piece

[Post New]by themaestro023 on Nov 21, 10 11:50 AM
The very last 'Map' puzzle has a piece missing which can be found by doing the hidden object scene to the left of this room (I have got this piece), but there is a further piece missing so am unable to complete the puzzle and move further forward. I have checked my main 'MAP' and there is nowhere else to go. What is wrong?

Re:Post any Fiction Fixers: The Curse of OZ technical issues here only

[Post New]by Ouchfinger1 on Nov 21, 10 12:15 PM
Hi all. I haven't posted here in the forums except 2 times, so plz bear with me. I'm stuck where you use the key to unlock the lion in the cage. I got the key in the hidden object part, but it didn't go into my inventory. I tried, using a diff name & the same thing happened, no key after getting it in hidden object. Am I just a moron and missing something? HELP! Am going to uninstall & re - install, maybe that'll help? Sorry for sounding so idiotic. Thx

themaestro023
Squid
Squid
76 Posts

[Post New]by themaestro023 on Nov 21, 10 1:01 PM
Ouchfinger1 wrote:Hi all. I haven't posted here in the forums except 2 times, so plz bear with me. I'm stuck where you use the key to unlock the lion in the cage. I got the key in the hidden object part, but it didn't go into my inventory. I tried, using a diff name & the same thing happened, no key after getting it in hidden object. Am I just a moron and missing something? HELP! Am going to uninstall & re - install, maybe that'll help? Sorry for sounding so idiotic. Thx

[Post New]by Ouchfinger1 on Nov 21, 10 1:32 PM
Re - installing did the trick! I'm good to go!

whatleyk
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by whatleyk on Nov 21, 10 7:40 PM
My computer has all the necessary requirements to run the game, but, like Settlement: Colossus, several times I had issues with the screen turning "pixelly". It makes the game harder to play, especially in the HOG scenes!

[Post New]by princesspearl on Nov 22, 10 3:58 AM
I'm trying to get across pond but didn't collect rope and etc. can't get back to retrive it any help.Thanks so much

yhtt
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by yhtt on Nov 23, 10 3:46 AM
I too am missing a map piece. I had to refer to the walkthrough for the first time this game, and apparently there is a hidden object scene in the bramble bush outside, but there are no sparkles there, and everywhere else has been explored. The text above the last map scene states that I seem to be missing a piece - so where is it? Very frustrating as I can't complete the last chapter without it. Help!

[Post New]by LD71765 on Nov 25, 10 5:52 AM
I just downloaded Fiction Fixers: The Curse of OZ yesterday and I havent even played it and it says "trial expired". I haven't even opened the game yet and it says Trial expired. What's up with that???

[Post New]by LilyPad99 on Dec 22, 10 12:55 PM
I had a profile on User 1, and accidentally created a profile on User 2. When I went back to User 1, I found that profile 2 has erased profile1, and I have lost all my progress.

NANA5LOVE
Clownfish
Clownfish
529 Posts

[Post New]by NANA5LOVE on Mar 19, 11 4:18 PM
I AM AT THE LAST PART OF THE GAME WHERE I AM SUPPOSE TO PICK UP 4 PIECES OF THE LADDER SO I CAN CLIMB OVER THE BIG WALL TO GET TO THE GOOD WITCH GLENDA'S CASTLE BUT WHEN I CLICK ON ANY OF THE PIECES TO THE LADDER, THE MAGNAFYING GLASS STAYS ON AND SO I CAN'T PICK UP THE PIECES.
ANY ONE HAVING THE SAME PROBLEM? I SURE WOULD LIKE TO FINISH THE GAME.
GRRRR

Yaelle
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,317 Posts

[Post New]by Yaelle on Oct 1, 11 6:42 PM
I just downloaded this game to try it out & its telling me trial expired! I came here on the forums to see if anyone else has this issue....just wanted to type it out first & now off I go to investigate!

[Post New]by nancydrewfan24 on Nov 15, 11 4:26 PM
Yeah. When I pull the game up on my computer it is really dark.

[Post New]by markschlesinger on Dec 12, 12 9:33 AM
I tried to play the game, got through the first level but can't get past the tornado scene. The map will not come up, and there is no Dorothy to click on. How can I continue?

bfgIzara
Flounder
Flounder
2,151 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIzara on Dec 12, 12 10:03 AM
Hey there Fishies,

Just wanted to swim through with a little advice!

If the game doesn't seem to be progressing correctly, uninstalling and reinstalling can help to make sure that it's running correctly.

For freezing display issues with the game updating the video card driver is a great first step as it helps the game to run and display correctly.

If there are any further issues in the game, though, please be sure to contact Tech Support by clicking on the green to the right of the page and then selecting the Contact Us link to the bottom left. One of our reps will be happy to work with you directly to try and figure that out!

Best of luck!

bfgIzara

Go to: