bfgErie
Catfish
Catfish
1,538 Posts

Tips and Tricks for Mystery Case Files: Return to Ravenhearst ™

[Post New]by bfgErie on Nov 25, 08 11:46 PM
Your Crime Computer/Hints – Your crime computer is located in the lower right corner of the screen. You can use it to skip a puzzle or to get help locating a particularly well hidden item. The Crime Computer can also help determine the usage of an item you have in your inventory. Simply click and drag that item onto your Crime Computer for a clue to an items purpose.

Using Your Casebook – Your casebook is located in the lower left corner of your screen. Whenever you come across a significant event or clue, your casebook will open up and automatically update itself with information about what you just saw. It’s a good idea to read your casebook whenever you get stuck.

Magnifying Lens - You can find out more about a certain item in a scene if you notice that your mouse changes to magnifying glass over it. Click on the item and read the text that appears.

Sparkles - Whenever you come across an area that sparkles, click on these places to gain more inventory items to help in your investigation. You will have to revisit these areas several times during the course of your adventure.

Time Limits – There is no timer in this game. So feel free to work at your own pace. However, high scores in the game are based on how quickly it is completed.

Random Clicking – Too much random clicking on objects will send your cursor into a tailspin. Don’t be too alarmed, you’ll regain control of it again in a matter of moments.

Help is Available – To get more information on how to play, click on the menu button in the lower left corner of the screen. Next, click on “Help” on the upper right corner of the box that appears.

What Do I Do Next? – If you aren’t certain what your next step should be, open your casebook and read over your recent entries for clues on where to go next. You may need to go back to previous locations to see if there are more items for you to find. You will have to revisit all areas of the Manor more than once to get more items.

These are just a few tips that will help when you are playing Mystery Case Files: Return to Ravenhearst. If you have general tips to share, please post them in this thread.

If you are having trouble with a particular puzzle in this game, please search for the thread devoted to that location. Each location in Mystery Case Files: Return to Ravenhearst has its own individual discussion thread in this forum. Please do not post questions in this thread.

Edited on 06/28/2009 at 2:31:16 PM PST

gadget56
Herring
Herring
394 Posts

Re:Tips and Tricks for Mystery Case Files: Return to Ravenhearst ™

[Post New]by gadget56 on Nov 26, 08 12:15 AM
Do you realize how much I love you!!!

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on Nov 26, 08 2:58 PM
I have posted a few pictures of the solved puzzles in my photobucket. I will post more as I have time.

To find these pictures:
Put the word photobucket in your search engine, I use Google but you can use any search engine. When your search brings up the results just go to the main Photobucket site. On that page there is an Image Search box. Put the two words lizziek photos in that box and search.

It will come back and say “No matches were found to your search request. Are you looking for the Photobucket user lizziek photos? Click here to see this user’s album.” Click on that and you will be on my main page.

Look on the left of the page and you will see the game album names. Click on the album MCF RTR. Click on a picture to enlarge it. You can also print the pictures from photobucket.

I hope you find it and that the pictures help you. Good luck and have fun!

[Post New]by koolaidoyeah2 on Nov 26, 08 6:36 PM
LizzieK wrote:I have posted a few pictures of the solved puzzles in my photobucket. I will post more as I have time.

To find these pictures:
Put the word photobucket in your search engine, I use Google but you can use any search engine. When your search brings up the results just go to the main Photobucket site. On that page there is an Image Search box. Put the two words lizziek photos in that box and search.

It will come back and say “No matches were found to your search request. Are you looking for the Photobucket user lizziek photos? Click here to see this user’s album.” Click on that and you will be on my main page.

Look on the left of the page and you will see the game album names. Click on the album MCF RTR. Click on a picture to enlarge it. You can also print the pictures from photobucket.

I hope you find it and that the pictures help you. Good luck and have fun!

[Post New]by koolaidoyeah2 on Nov 26, 08 6:37 PM
ty ty ty you helped me at a part I was trying for hours...lol the telephone light one

old1lady
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by old1lady on Nov 27, 08 2:50 AM
Is anybody out there havine trouble downloading the game? Mine keeps going around and around like it does not to completely download. I stopped it once and it did the samething when I tried to download it again.

Thanks

DeeItsMe
Squid
Squid
69 Posts

[Post New]by DeeItsMe on Nov 27, 08 5:41 AM
HiLizzie ... you are such a great help. Thank you so much

I viewed the fireplace puzzle, and even with the correct symbols moved, I cannot get anything to happen.

HELP ... lol

love this game and the graphics and sound affects are out of this world

lorgran
Clownfish
Clownfish
539 Posts

[Post New]by lorgran on Nov 27, 08 5:45 AM
the caebook is very usefull, i didnt have to peak in strategy guide so offen, it really gives u hints what to do next and how to solve some puzzles.

cookeemama
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

[Post New]by cookeemama on Nov 27, 08 6:33 AM
Thank you so much! I have been struggling with the garden puzzle till I'm dizzy.

[Post New]by twinsnana3 on Nov 27, 08 8:10 AM
i don't think i am totally stupid but, i have just downloaded the free trial game for an hour, i have not gotten past the gates yet, i unscrewed the bolts off the intercom and can't figure out what to do next, i figure the numbers are something, but what?

HELP...WILL DEFINATELY BE BUYING THIS GAME

[Post New]by janinabeans on Nov 27, 08 8:22 AM
granmaof4 wrote:I too am stuck at the garden gate with the man running - any suggestions? thanks in advance.

I can't get past this door and I have place the bird in the same position over and over again as depicted on the kitchen wall! NOTHING HAPPENS! What do I do next, can anyone help? I even bought the darned strategy guide and there is no help there for sure!

[Post New]by 8021FIR on Nov 27, 08 9:21 AM
I keep getting stuck once I go down the fireplace It freezes up I have rebooted three times now and completly unplugged my computer. I did ask tech support also.

rescuefire
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by rescuefire on Nov 27, 08 11:37 AM
LizzieK cool of you to share. Does anyone have a clue as to what position to put the skeleton guy in? The little puzzle guy in the garden is what I mean.

[Post New]by ndunlap on Nov 28, 08 2:47 PM
thebury wrote:Is it possible to print the Strategy Guide?

[Post New]by ndunlap on Nov 28, 08 2:50 PM
IF YOU GO TO GAMEZEBO YOU CAN PRINT OUT THE MANUEL IT'S 19 PAGES

manticore
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

[Post New]by manticore on Nov 28, 08 3:18 PM
manticore wrote:
juliamadeane wrote:
manticore wrote:OK - I give in - I'm well & truly stuck! No idea about the puzzle on the blackboard in the schoolroom......added to which, there are no sparklies or new bits anywhere!

(I'm obviously being REALLY thick - I blame this stinky cold!!)

Any help from you big fishies would be greatly appreciated!!

I'd blame the cold -- I've been fighting it for a week now. The info on the blackboard you won't need until later -- much later!! It will have been already entered into the case file book so you just have to go back through the pages when you come to that point. Have you released the twins yet?

Cheers Juliamadeane - hope yours gets better soon....I've had mine a week too - are we twins??!

If releasing the twins is when the coffin thingy opens after the 3rd dragon puzzle....then yes

I've back-tracked all the way to the gates & through all the rooms etc, but no sparklies

Think I may have a glitch....been on Gamezebo ...seems there should be a sparkly display case after the dragon puzzles - I don't have one! Have ended & restarted game, but no difference...may have to uninstall...o pooooo!

juliamadeane
Flounder
Flounder
2,137 Posts

[Post New]by juliamadeane on Nov 28, 08 3:22 PM
Don't do that yet . . . the display case is the one on the ground floor of the "toys for brats" store. We've searched there already twice and here is another time. It should be sparkly.

juliamadeane
Flounder
Flounder
2,137 Posts

[Post New]by juliamadeane on Nov 28, 08 4:04 PM
Cheriezel wrote:Ok, I'm stuck at the bottom level of the elevator - I've unlocked the panel w/ the skeleton key and now it's the playing card/suits lock - I hate math puzzles which I'm assuming this is? Help? Are most of the clues in my case book or am I going to have to go back to places? And what kind of number puzzle is it?

They are ALL in the case book, but you will have to solve them. Remember the brass plate at the front gate with the heart circled in the middle of a series of numbers. The heart number should be that one in the center counter. The other suits are found throughout the case file book. Also . . . somewhere here in the forums either Cesse or prpldva has the exact breakdown of the code. (I don't remember which thread it is on.)

Cheriezel
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by Cheriezel on Nov 28, 08 4:15 PM
Nevermind- got 3 figured out and had to look for help for the last suite... Thanks! Probably will be back later.... though it looks like I'm close to the end.

HELP ME PLEASE!

[Post New]by Sharktankhunaha on Nov 28, 08 4:16 PM
Wow you actually are reading this...thanks! Okay my problem is everytime I click on the twin girls coffin it freezes up! I thought it might have been a one time ordeal, so i tried it again...same results. I can't get my last typewriter key because the twin girl ghosts wont appear when I click on the coffin hence keeping me from advancing in the game. It opens the coffin, creepy music still plays (the candleflames on each side of the coffin freeze too) I am still able to move around but why won't the twins ghost um "Charlotte and Gwendolen" I think that's there name.... why won't they appear for me?? PLEASE HELP ME ASAP... ITS DRIVING ME INSANE!

I created a new name (thrid time) and went through the entire process until I reacged the moment of the Twins coffin arising... I waited ten seconds before clicking and moved my cursor near the BOTTOM of the coffin unlike the other two times which failed. This time the movie of Charlotte and Gwedolyn being released appeared and I was able to complete the entire game. Thanks for the help and the comments about contacting Tech Support... happy gaming to all and to all a goodnight!

Edited on 11/28/2008 at 10:17:35 PM PST

Go to: