bfgErie
Catfish
Catfish
1,538 Posts

Path to the Front Door - Well

[Post New]by bfgErie on Nov 26, 08 12:04 AM
An interesting well lies just to your right.
But ignore it for now until later this night.

Edited on 11/26/2008 at 12:04:23 AM PST

Re:Path to the Front Door - Well

[Post New]by renatethomas on Nov 27, 08 6:57 AM
How do I get down the well? Nothing in my inventory works.

peutetre
Clownfish
Clownfish
883 Posts

[Post New]by peutetre on Nov 27, 08 7:56 AM
The well, like just about everything in this game, will work eventually . . . You don't have the things you need yet to solve that part of the game. Just go from area to area and, in time, you'll know when you're supposed to do something with the well.

cadfael
Shark
Shark
10,550 Posts

[Post New]by cadfael on Nov 28, 08 12:55 PM
renatethomas wrote:How do I get down the well? Nothing in my inventory works.

Welcome to the fish pond! Don't worry about the well for now. It will be a while before you come back to it. Just like peutetre said, you'll know when the time comes. (Didn't want to spoil your fun by giving details )

vampybear
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by vampybear on Nov 29, 08 6:49 PM
Hello, i'm a newbie here. This is my 1st post. I have not done this 'well' yet. My handle is stuck and I can't fig out how to 'un-stick' it. I have these items in my 'possession': Wrench, machine belt, horn, pick axe, and damp cloth'. Do I need other items yet? I did not do the stairwell at the cliff yet. I found the 'lock' hidden in the bushes. I have not done any of these yet: toy store, upper rooms in main house, Rose's casket..? Where is that.....inside one of the 3 doors? I'm wondering if my next move is to try the 3 doors in the basement or the well or the cliff stair case...? I can't find other hidden object areas although I have done a few of the ones 2X already with different items each time. Thank you all for any help, VB.

juliamadeane
Flounder
Flounder
2,137 Posts

[Post New]by juliamadeane on Nov 29, 08 7:09 PM
Welcome to the Pond!! The handle on the well is not going to come loose until you get to the point where you are going to free the twins and I think you have a bit to go before that. Most of the items that you have right now you won't need for awhile yet. Have you gotten behind the middle door yet?

Re:sun and moon over the fire place

[Post New]by ponygirl3dk on Nov 29, 08 7:34 PM
how do i get past the sun and the moon over the fire place? also how do i get to the basement?

juliamadeane
Flounder
Flounder
2,137 Posts

[Post New]by juliamadeane on Nov 29, 08 8:06 PM
ponygirl3dk wrote:****w do i get past the sun and the moon over the fire place? also how do i get to the basement?

"Welcome to the Pond! You need to figure out which of the disks surrounding the sun and moon go in the ying and yang spaces. Have you received the moon pendant from Emma and retrieved the sun pendant from the graveyard?

[Post New]by wellington53 on Nov 30, 08 9:02 AM
vampybear wrote:Hello, i'm a newbie here. This is my 1st post. I have not done this 'well' yet. My handle is stuck and I can't fig out how to 'un-stick' it. I have these items in my 'possession': Wrench, machine belt, horn, pick axe, and damp cloth'. Do I need other items yet? I did not do the stairwell at the cliff yet. I found the 'lock' hidden in the bushes. I have not done any of these yet: toy store, upper rooms in main house, Rose's casket..? Where is that.....inside one of the 3 doors? I'm wondering if my next move is to try the 3 doors in the basement or the well or the cliff stair case...? I can't find other hidden object areas although I have done a few of the ones 2X already with different items each time. Thank you all for any help, VB.

[Post New]by ponygirl3dk on Nov 30, 08 12:04 PM
juliamadeane wrote:
ponygirl3dk wrote:****w do i get past the sun and the moon over the fire place? also how do i get to the basement?

"Welcome to the Pond! You need to figure out which of the disks surrounding the sun and moon go in the ying and yang spaces. Have you received the moon pendant from Emma and retrieved the sun pendant from the graveyard?

[Post New]by ponygirl3dk on Nov 30, 08 12:11 PM
ponygirl3dk wrote:
juliamadeane wrote:

yes i have which symbols go in the yin yang?

juliamadeane
Flounder
Flounder
2,137 Posts

[Post New]by juliamadeane on Nov 30, 08 12:18 PM
ponygirl3dk wrote:
ponygirl3dk wrote:
juliamadeane wrote:

yes i have which symbols go in the yin yang?

Next to the moon the symbol looks like the number 76 if it was combined . . . next to the sun is the symbol that looks like a swirly thing with a dot over it. These symbols are also in your case file book which is in the bottom lefthand corner of your screen right above the menu button. A lot of the clues you will need all through this game will be recorded there as you move through the whole game. Keep going back to the book!!! The clues for both of these disks are in there because you have actually seen them already.

cesse47
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
25,099 Posts

[Post New]by cesse47 on Dec 1, 08 1:01 AM
moushkamoops wrote:I cut the flower, but I can't get it due to thorns.
I know there is a glove there somewhere...but it doesn't show up.help!
You should have gotten a piece of cheese in the HO area in the kitchen. It should be in your inventory. Give to mouse, give mouse to cat, get key. Use key to open lock on oven. That will give you the glove to pick up the rose.
...good luck

cesse47
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
25,099 Posts

[Post New]by cesse47 on Dec 1, 08 2:53 AM
vampybear wrote:Hello, i'm a newbie here. This is my 1st post. I have not done this 'well' yet. My handle is stuck and I can't fig out how to 'un-stick' it. I have these items in my 'possession': Wrench, machine belt, horn, pick axe, and damp cloth'. Do I need other items yet? I did not do the stairwell at the cliff yet. I found the 'lock' hidden in the bushes. I have not done any of these yet: toy store, upper rooms in main house, Rose's casket..? Where is that.....inside one of the 3 doors? I'm wondering if my next move is to try the 3 doors in the basement or the well or the cliff stair case...? I can't find other hidden object areas although I have done a few of the ones 2X already with different items each time. Thank you all for any help, VB.
Have you gotten inside the house? Solved the kitchen door puzzle? Gotten the sun and the moon fragments from the statue in the garden and the puzzle in the graveyard?
...If you've solved the fireplace puzzle, you should solve the middle door of the 3 doors and work on the puzzles and HO areas in that location. Good Luck

[Post New]by jackson63 on Dec 3, 08 11:46 AM

[Post New]by jackson63 on Dec 3, 08 11:48 AM
jackson63 wrote:

[Post New]by robet23 on Dec 5, 08 7:42 PM
I dont know how to get threw the garden gate puzzle or to get the other items over the fireplace. I understand which items go in he ying and yang but it wont open, it tells me I there are pieces missing

Edited on 12/05/2008 at 7:42:59 PM PST

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on Dec 5, 08 10:30 PM
robet23 wrote:I dont know how to get threw the garden gate puzzle or to get the other items over the fireplace. I understand which items go in he ying and yang but it wont open, it tells me I there are pieces missing

Hi Robet- welcome to the forums!

this thread will help you with the garden-gate puzzle:

http://mcfforums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/12792.page

and this thread will help you with the fireplace puzzle:

http://mcfforums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/12791.page

[Post New]by yddap09 on Dec 6, 08 6:38 AM
I'm am lost! I am in the well, but it is very dark in here and I don't know how to turn on the light? Can anybody help me?

peutetre
Clownfish
Clownfish
883 Posts

[Post New]by peutetre on Dec 6, 08 6:52 AM
You need to get matches, which are inside of the tortured teddy bear.

Go to: