bfgErie
Catfish
Catfish
1,538 Posts

Basement of Ravenhearst Manor

[Post New]by bfgErie on Nov 26, 08 12:08 AM
The ghost of Rose has a heartbreaking plea.
But other than that, there’s nothing to see.

Re:Basement of Ravenhearst Manor

[Post New]by Gretta4God on Nov 30, 08 6:49 AM
there is something down there for you to do there is a oom i am stuck in.

I am trying to do the puzzle in the middles room where you have the numbers not sure if i am suppose to use the numbers in the book or the numbers on the paper i been trying both but i am not solving this puzzle

need a little help if some one know what to do i can not seem to get past here

i also have another question i seem to foget to ask what about the well? i have not gotten that clue either. thanks for you help

Shastac2
Guppy
Guppy
171 Posts

[Post New]by Shastac2 on Nov 30, 08 9:36 AM
I have tried for two days to figure this out and I can't!!! I thought for sure I got the numbers right but nothing happened. What am I doing wrong??? Somebody please help me with this puzzle, please!!!

shastac2

peutetre
Clownfish
Clownfish
883 Posts

[Post New]by peutetre on Nov 30, 08 9:44 AM
Not sure what numbers you're referring to. If you're talking about the middle door, you have to add or subtract the numbers (as indicated) in the 4 sets of numbers, then enter the result by color of light using the dial to the right.

If you're talking about the elevator numbers, the clues are in your journal, but the bottom line answers are club 300, spade 005, diamond 006, heart 076. Numbers go in the center spaces, you'll hear a beep when they're right

[Post New]by Gretta4God on Nov 30, 08 10:30 AM
thank you so much for the help once you saide we have to put the answer it so maid since
thanks!

juliamadeane
Flounder
Flounder
2,137 Posts

[Post New]by juliamadeane on Nov 30, 08 10:38 AM
puppybreezy wrote:i really need help im in the basement in a weird room with 3 different puzzles and i cant figure out either one of them, HELP!!!!

Welcome to the pond! The first puzzle lock you will need to solve is the one in the middle. It looks more complicated than it is. The two columns of digital number (4 rows each) are actually pieces of arithmatic problems. To solve the lock you will need to get the second half of each problem -- do the math and then enter the solutions using the dial and typewriter number keys on the upper righthand side of your screen. To get the second numbers you need to first switch on the lock using the white light switch. YOu will hear numbers being read outloud -- Ignore them!! The you will need to use the switches next to each part of the math problems to get the other half of the problems. If you look around the entire face of the lock there are colored dots next to 2 digit counters. These dots match the dots on the dial AND the lights next to each math problem.

[Post New]by Gretta4God on Nov 30, 08 10:38 AM
peutetre wrote:Not sure what numbers you're referring to. If you're talking about the middle door, you have to add or subtract the numbers (as indicated) in the 4 sets of numbers, then enter the result by color of light using the dial to the right.

If you're talking about the elevator numbers, the clues are in your journal, but the bottom line answers are club 300, spade 005, diamond 006, heart 076. Numbers go in the center spaces, you'll hear a beep when they're right

the top partis the answer

when you go in the middle room
you will see what looks like a machine with numbers

click that box on the left lights will come on
each light represents a particular color. once you get both of the same color light either add or subtract
the answer goes then in the top right with that color (make sure to turn the dial and put the color in
you will also see the color dots in black and white as you change it they will also.
i was there so long i could not figure it out i am out on something else now..lol

[Post New]by Gretta4God on Nov 30, 08 10:39 AM
i took so long to type..he he wel u will get now for sure

HighlandMax
Manatee
Manatee
3,824 Posts

[Post New]by HighlandMax on Nov 30, 08 4:33 PM
Middle door.....Hit the white switch to turn the wheels on. There are 4 add and substact problems. First thing to do is get both lights lit up of the same color, do this by clicking the switches next to each light bulb, not necessarily the switch next to the bulb you are trying to turn on, just play with them all, when you get two of the same color lit, then either add or subtract, according to the math sign in the middle. Then go up to the color wheel with the arrow in the upper right corner, turn the arrow to the color of the light you are working on, then on the keys, type in your answer, if it is a single digit number like 5, you must write it as 05, scattered about the screen you will see a color dot next to a 2 digit window, look in the window that corresponds to the color you are on and see if your answer appears, if so, then go to the next problem, repeat till all four problems are in their windows. All lights will start to light up and the door will open.
I noticed on my 3rd time playing Ravenhearst, that I had to turn the wheels off after each time I solved one of the problems, before I could go to another color. You may have to do the same.

VaNative
Minnow
Minnow
239 Posts

[Post New]by VaNative on Jan 25, 09 4:12 AM
HighlandMax wrote:I noticed on my 3rd time playing Ravenhearst, that I had to turn the wheels off after each time I solved one of the problems, before I could go to another color. You may have to do the same.
Yes...that's happened to me too.

[Post New]by scarlett101 on Jan 25, 09 2:58 PM
I am in the middle room of the basement where there are three doors. I have no definitive numbers showing. What do I do?

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on Jan 25, 09 3:00 PM
scarlett101 wrote:I am in the middle room of the basement where there are three doors. I have no definitive numbers showing. What do I do?

The middle door puzzle is a random puzzle so the numbers are different each time you play the game.

What you see
There is a white square on/off switch in the lower middle of the screen.

There are 4 sets of 2 numbers each with plus and minus signs between them. They must be added or subtracted to get a total for each of those 2 numbers. These red LED numbers will blink off and on. These blinking number sets have small colored lights next to each set that are pink, green, orange and blue.

There is a circular dial in the upper right corner that can point to 4 colored dots that are pink, green, orange and blue.

There are black and white numbered keys on the right side of the screen.

What you do
Turn on the white square switch and the red LED numbers will start blinking. You can write down the blinking numbers that are visible in each space. Then flip the small grey switches beside the blinking numbers so that some of the other blinking numbers become visible. When you are able to determine each of the two numbers in a set, then add or subtract them to get an answer for that color.

Then go to the circular dial in the upper right and point the dial to the color that you have solved. Then use the black and white keys to enter the answer for that color. Enter it as a two digit number. For example if your answer is 5, then enter 05. Turn the circular dial to the next color and enter the answer for that color. Continue until you have entered the answer for all four colors and the door will open.

Good luck.

[Post New]by wt4sun on Apr 8, 09 11:43 AM
After I have solved the puzzle in the middle door, where do I go from there?

BinLA
Stingray
Stingray
5,914 Posts

[Post New]by BinLA on Apr 8, 09 11:58 AM
You do all the puzzles that are behind that door -- in the general store, the street, the beauty salon (upstairs and downstairs) and the first level down in the elevator (which is in the general store). You have to find the 4 marbles to open the next door, which is the marble door on the left.

[Post New]by kellie21081 on Apr 10, 09 7:30 PM
Im at the marble door and i have no idea what to do??? any suggestions.....

errias
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

[Post New]by errias on Apr 10, 09 11:09 PM
you have to have 4 marbles then put one in each slot and alternate moving the wheel around.

okajan
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by okajan on Apr 12, 09 4:11 AM
Hi everybody, I finished serpent of isis and now am on the return to ravenhurst. A little stuck on the puzzle with the 3 colored squares, orange, green and yellow. How do you get them in there own column? Please help.

HAPPY EASTER to all/

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on Apr 12, 09 5:47 AM
okajan wrote:Hi everybody, I finished serpent of isis and now am on the return to ravenhurst. A little stuck on the puzzle with the 3 colored squares, orange, green and yellow. How do you get them in there own column? Please help.

HAPPY EASTER to all/
I can send you a message with a link to a video of that puzzle on the Beauty Shop door. I hope it helps. Good luck!

[Post New]by Toby50 on Jun 21, 09 8:06 PM
I am in the basement in the middle door puzzle and I am wondering what the red knob with the letters A B C D E F mean. Do you need to change this lever also when you get the answers to the math problems? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. Toby

hippy53
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by hippy53 on Jul 14, 09 5:48 AM
You say to do the math problems. Fine and dandy.....but I get only 4 lights instead of 8 and it never solves. What is that lever on the left side, does it matter what position it's in?

Go to: