Re:Post your Midnight Castle (PC) Technical Issues Here Only!

[Post New]by AZmesquite on Jun 16, 14 10:35 AM
Communication is a key component of customer service - it is a good thing your game is "free". Had I paid for it, I would not only have demanded my money back, but I would ensure anyone who listened to me would not purchase your wares.

This is absolutely ridiculous - silence is not golden.

Please tell us what is going on with the fix for the latest update for iPads - it's literally been weeks and my "fun" meter is just about pegged!!!

ANY RESPONSE, even if it was, "hey, we're really sorry and we're really working hard at fixing these issues" would be something.

Oh, and btw, I've actually spent money inside your game.....though it may not much, it is LOST REVENUE, or is BF so cash heavy that doesn't matter any more.

Please, give us SOMETHING!!!

Alex_Gordon
Guppy
Guppy
141 Posts

[Post New]by Alex_Gordon on Jun 16, 14 10:43 AM
AZmesquite,

here is the info from Facebook page. Hope, it helps:

I have great news! The new update to Midnight Castle (iPad) is now available in App Store. This update includes a fix for the crashing/freezing issue and other minor bug fixes.

This is a critical update that should show up in the 'Updates' section of the App Store. Please look for the update and install immediately.

geniegal
Clownfish
Clownfish
603 Posts

[Post New]by geniegal on Jun 16, 14 6:13 PM
When I try to buy a Shield of Order with diamonds to finish a quest, my computer makes an awful racheting sound and totally freezes up. HELP!!!

Muppet399
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by Muppet399 on Jun 17, 14 2:08 AM
geniegal wrote:my computer makes an awful racheting sound and totally freezes up. HELP!!!
Same when trying to send the airship atm. Game eventually crashes. W7, latest game update. Nothing else running at the time. Game has worked fairly flawlessly so far.

Let me know if I can provide any more debug info.

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on Jun 17, 14 7:08 AM
10 AM EDT...no server connection on either game, retry not working. Tried several times; unable to play either game.

Am WolfenRainDancer Level 27
A Zen Wolfen Level 20

Win7, all updates current.

ETA: 1300...able to connect now.

Edited on 06/17/2014 at 10:42:13 AM PST

chris_2_4
Guppy
Guppy
165 Posts

[Post New]by chris_2_4 on Jun 17, 14 7:09 AM
Trouble connecting to the server again; no surprise, I suppose, when you consider how slow their webpage is to load up

[Post New]by whitebutterfly54 on Jun 17, 14 10:19 AM
I believe other people have posted this, but my pet achievement is off. It shows 8 pets, but I really have 9. I don't know if this error is limited just to the pet achievement, I seem to recall the newest pets were the problem. I'm dragging my feet finishing any other achievements.

[Post New]by Arizona63Tucson on Jun 17, 14 11:21 AM
I can get to the HELP PAGE then it goes blank . WHY does it go blank ?

Lioula
Clownfish
Clownfish
686 Posts

[Post New]by Lioula on Jun 17, 14 12:40 PM
taylormade66 wrote:My issue is that since the update, I can't spend real-time cash on gold coins or the gems. Everything loads up correctly but when I click the purchase button, nothing happens. Done this at least 30 times. My main question is if I download the game onto another pc, will I have to start over (I'm on 21) or can I just continue play from any pc as long as I'm signed in? Maybe I can purchase the game items from a different pc. This would be great because I could play from my desktop at home or laptop while waiting at the doctors - and not lose my hard-earned position. I know some of you are laughing at the question but I'm an old lady in my 60s and not real sure... Thanks for answering!

Hi "taylormade66". I am Lia.
Check the following which I hope will help you .

tazruby2000 wrote:

Lioula wrote:
Dear friends of "MIDNIGHT CASTLE" forum good morning from Greece.

I have been playing the game on my daughter's laptop and I have reached level 14.

I have 1 question :

I tried to play the game on my desktop but I see that it starts right from the beginning.

Is there any way to continue thew game on my desktop from the point I left it on the Laptop?

I would appreciate any reply.

Thank you
You will have to transfer your game save from the computer you are using to the one you want to use. It is best to copy the files to a flash drive to move them over. I posted the thread that has how to access the application data, where the game save is. Just like for the game developers name on the game, I would post it but it won't show up.

Can You Transfer Game Settings, Name & ID Number, to a New Computer?

http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/277334.page

Just look for my post, it is the 3rd one.

Regards

playerpop
Herring
Herring
306 Posts

[Post New]by playerpop on Jun 17, 14 2:33 PM
I don't understand why some people get so upset when involved in game testing. This is where feed back is necessary to help make it an excellent game.

[Post New]by KSeale on Jun 17, 14 3:02 PM
If I uninstall a game to try to fix a technical issue and reinstall it, will I lose all my progress? I know it is a dumb question but I am frustrated.

Muppet399
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by Muppet399 on Jun 17, 14 7:37 PM
Muppet399 wrote:
geniegal wrote:my computer makes an awful racheting sound and totally freezes up. HELP!!!
Same when trying to send the airship atm. Game eventually crashes. W7, latest game update. Nothing else running at the time. Game has worked fairly flawlessly so far.

Let me know if I can provide any more debug info.
& same problem when crafting. Also no tickets received when gifting today. Game is unplayable in this state, giving up until there is a fix.

Edited on 06/17/2014 at 7:38:35 PM PST

Lilabelle
Clownfish
Clownfish
516 Posts

[Post New]by Lilabelle on Jun 17, 14 7:37 PM
This latest adjustment has caused the broken statue to lose its inventory 2 out of 3 passes and now have to open and close the game between 2 and 3 times before inventory reappears. This was not a previous problem here for me before this latest shutdown. Had inventory loss very sporadic in other places before but has not happened again yet in previous problem areas.
I play on dell touch with windows 8.1.

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on Jun 17, 14 11:01 PM
No server connection appearing sporadically now, again in both games. Just seems to pop up

[Post New]by jandetta on Jun 18, 14 12:48 AM
KSeale wrote:If I uninstall a game to try to fix a technical issue and reinstall it, will I lose all my progress? I know it is a dumb question but I am frustrated.

No, I did that several times before the big fix and nothing was lost. However, doing that didn't help any technical issues I had at the time. Only the update to the game fixed it.

Edited on 06/18/2014 at 12:50:05 AM PST

chris_2_4
Guppy
Guppy
165 Posts

[Post New]by chris_2_4 on Jun 18, 14 6:19 AM
jandetta wrote:
KSeale wrote:If I uninstall a game to try to fix a technical issue and reinstall it, will I lose all my progress? I know it is a dumb question but I am frustrated.

No, I did that several times before the big fix and nothing was lost. However, doing that didn't help any technical issues I had at the time. Only the update to the game fixed it.

Jandetta is right; I, also, was told to unintall the prog, delete various files from folders and basically remove all traces of MC, and I thought as you do. However, having gone through the process (and, as Jan says, it does nothing) I learned that all your details - position in game, coins, level et al - are stored on the BF server (that overloaded one that keeps losing connection). Kind of like a "cloud". So don't worry about it, just gp through the motions and wait for the fix

JJ50
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by JJ50 on Jun 18, 14 10:33 AM
Achievements
Has anyone else noticed we are not getting the achievement rewards when you complete them. It is hit and miss.
I completed the second achievement for sending gifts to friends and also completed the second achievement for another one but did not get the button that says Get Reward.
I did get one that worked but two others it just put the icon in but did not give me the option to get rewarded.

Also my pet achievement is not showing the correct amount of pets created.

[Post New]by llaurelwreath on Jun 18, 14 5:08 PM
I am having the same issue with the broken statue not having HOS items and a list. The other day I tried to complete that HOS 4 times before I gave up and quit the game for the day. Yesterday it worked fine. Today it's messing up again.

I also never got credit for 2 gold chests in my achievements list after I completed 2 of the more complicated daily quests.

I love this game but I'm tired of losing my flower money too. It happens at least once a day.

I also do not believe that the time clocks in the HOS scenes are accurate and I've been complaining about them for more than 3 months. The timing is very erratic and seems to vary from scene to scene and sometimes even within the same scene.

I've noticed a definite drag occasionally for my mouse while in the HOS scenes and it doesn't seem to be an issue anywhere else but MC.

kittensnlace
Guppy
Guppy
174 Posts

[Post New]by kittensnlace on Jun 18, 14 10:29 PM
I would really appreciate it if the achievements could be corrected. I'm still short four pets that I crafted. Also, on the Superstar achievement it shows that I have 55 where at the bottom of the page it shows 57/81

Thank you

Kittensnlace playing as skitsa two #268318

[Post New]by AndersonJM398 on Jun 18, 14 10:40 PM
On 6/18/14 some time after after18:30 MST:
While trying to complete a daily task

I earned a Celestial Pendant while trying to "Find" a "Symbol of Love" in the "Stone Chaps" and it was not added to my inventory. In fact NO items were splashed on the screen!

I also Spun An Egg of Pink Piggy and a Diamond and it was not added to my inventory.

Please Adjust my inventory.

Thank you.
John51

Go to: