Senior Citizens sign in!!

snowmanvt
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
457 Posts

Re:Senior Citizens sign in!!

[Post New]by snowmanvt on Sep 28, 17 6:44 AM
Jules: I think the Abu Dhabi only shows if you have finished Vladivostok by building all the monuments and leave the city. Then, when you can't ship anymore to Vladivostok you get that message.

[Post New]by OOo_jules_oOO on Sep 28, 17 7:27 AM
that sounds logical Snowman, am not overly worried about it though. Logging off now, getting some much needed sleep. Good night all.

GamingGrampa
Minnow
Minnow
247 Posts

[Post New]by GamingGrampa on Sep 28, 17 8:12 AM
I have come to the conclusion that whoever is in charge of setting the daily events at GD has a very warped sense of humor! My daily event today is beautiful downtown Barcelona, which just happens to be where I'm still fighting my way through the final 10 block, and lo and behold the fifth letter is none other than 116!! I am not amused GD.

Trav3lbird
Clownfish
Clownfish
652 Posts

[Post New]by Trav3lbird on Sep 28, 17 9:58 AM
Daily deal for me is 5 master levels in dreaded New Orleans so I am not going to waste the 300 coins I just won for the first time on my scratch ticket by venturing back to NO! Yes, snowman and jules, to get the Abu Dhabi notice you have to have built those final monuments. I still wonder why there is no other notice about it? Big secret??

bowiecowgirl
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

[Post New]by bowiecowgirl on Sep 30, 17 4:43 PM
Thanks, grampa, I am still here but just haven't been on the boards much. In Mexico City at the moment. The stretch of cities starting with Berlin has drug me down a bit. Like several others, I visited Amsterdam with vouchers and that helped. So did Vladivostok. It has been better after Seoul but not as nice as earlier cities, Amsterdam, and Vladivostok. When NOLA, Shanghai, LA or Seoul come up on the daily event, they remind me how impossible these were. I may actually finish Barcelona 100% - only need 10 more architect to finish that level.

GamingGrampa
Minnow
Minnow
247 Posts

[Post New]by GamingGrampa on Sep 30, 17 7:41 PM
Hey there bowiecowgirl, do you mind if I make an observation? With a handle like yours I would imagine you're possibly from Texas?

bowiecowgirl
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

[Post New]by bowiecowgirl on Sep 30, 17 9:12 PM
GamingGrampa wrote:Hey there bowiecowgirl, do you mind if I make an observation? With a handle like yours I would imagine you're possibly from Texas?

Texas, yes. Born in Bowie, in Houston all my adult life. You?

[Post New]by OOo_jules_oOO on Oct 1, 17 2:48 AM
Back from the weekend away now, once I got home and had internet again, I turned on the ipad and game, and it did in fact connect to wifi for once without dropping out first a heap of times, but just to report on the scratch ticket issue, yes, I had lost out on being up to about day 8 or whatever it was before I left, and now, back to day one of it. So I will never, or almost never, have the chance to get it to 30 consecutive days to get the 'big prize' whatever it might be. Any of you who get to that 30 days, will you please report what happens and what you get for it etc, am really interested to know. So this just confirms, we HAVE to be online every 24 hours to get the daily ticket, miss a day and you start all over again. NOT FAIR.

And GamingGrampa, were you by chance either a truck driver or CB or amateur radio enthusiast? Just curious.

marie1931
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
23,052 Posts

[Post New]by marie1931 on Oct 1, 17 3:09 AM
Hi Jules
I understand now why, a few days ago, I went back to the chest #1 on my IPad ...
I didn't know this rule

[Post New]by Woosywoosy1 on Oct 1, 17 10:11 AM
Happy Sunday Everybody. It has been a while. I am just plugging along, still always running out of coins although I so not use 150 coins for extra turns but use to buy bonuses to use. I am now in Shanghai, moving along better as best as I can. I find that the levels seem to get harder and harder. Do not think I will ever finish New Orleans, New York, London, Rome, Barcelona, Berlin . Now I am stuck at level 21 in Shanghai trying to get the pink to advance but just cannot. Any tips?
Appreciate all your help and great tips. Thanks

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,277 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Oct 1, 17 12:37 PM
Woosywoosy1 wrote: Now I am stuck at level 21 in Shanghai trying to get the pink to advance but just cannot. Any tips?
Appreciate all your help and great tips. Thanks

It took me at least half a dozen lives today, but I got master on Shanghai 21. The time that worked I managed to make four lightnings (one at a time, not saving them up), and swapped two of them with combos of some kind. Look for a first move that is five in a row, and after that it is largely luck and being able to spot the lightning moves, plus balancing the need to clear all four color blockers and get enough bricks.

So just keep trying and eventually you will get it.

Edited on 10/01/2017 at 12:38:29 PM PST

kailuaauntie
Squid
Squid
62 Posts

[Post New]by kailuaauntie on Oct 3, 17 7:47 PM
Missing snowflake -- pretty please my post on the main page. (Forgot where I was--senior moment.)

JULES - thanx for your response on the main page. Unfortunately, the "snowflake" wasn't a boost; it remained on the right side of the game board until all the iced bombs existed, then it disappeared--might say it was more of a status symbol. CS is glad to help BUT wants to know in which levels it occurred. HA! As if my senior grey matter had any idea.

Edited on 10/04/2017 at 3:02:12 PM PST

GamingGrampa
Minnow
Minnow
247 Posts

[Post New]by GamingGrampa on Oct 4, 17 11:24 AM
Hey guys, in case you may or may not have noticed, all the city help threads are back up and unlocked, I sent the mods a PM the other day about a player in Monaco, some of our active threads got pushed to pages 3&4.

Trav3lbird
Clownfish
Clownfish
652 Posts

[Post New]by Trav3lbird on Oct 4, 17 2:06 PM
Good one Grandpa, I had also posted request on Jules thread and I just used the NY thread to check out an architect level which I find was a problem for lots! How are you getting on with those blue hats in Barcelona?

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,277 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Oct 4, 17 5:54 PM
Silly so close! screen..... I needed more than 112,000 points still!

GamingGrampa
Minnow
Minnow
247 Posts

[Post New]by GamingGrampa on Oct 4, 17 9:09 PM
Hey trav, finally filled my last shipment this evening, when I get on tomorrow morning it's haste la vista, baby! So long Barcelona, 5 weeks of beating my brains in, I NEED A VACATION!!

Gummynut
Starfish
Starfish
58 Posts

[Post New]by Gummynut on Oct 4, 17 11:09 PM
Skip the latest update! Monsterville is advertised to be next up for an event city. I Updated Gummy in App Store, lots of action for the new gal, telling me I had done Everest and Route 66, etc, etc. but she provided no new city to open.
Also appears to be back to the old format - required all of my 57 open cities to be "prepared for travel"...sigh. 40 minutes . Santa Fe still listed as coming soon. My boats still say Abu Dhabi is coming soon. My passport says monsterville is coming soon..

Edited on 10/04/2017 at 11:41:48 PM PST

[Post New]by Woosywoosy1 on Oct 5, 17 5:45 AM
Thank you lordkalva for the tips with Shanghai level 21. Worked up some lightening but still not done yet. Wait till I get so many coins that I can afford to throw the away to try again. I. need all the tips I can get. Thanks.
I find that anything you earn coins are very difficult. Nowadays I try the Everest Challenge 1 time, go back to 1, I quit and do it one time a day and not waste time.
By the way, I am on the 15th day of the treasure box, it was 15,000 block, and tomorrow probably 15,000 pink or blue, do not know how much is the coins. GD is very tight on coins but sure charge a lot for the neighbor tasks, Barcelona/Berlin etc.
Does anyone know when Monsterville will come on? Hopefully it will not be too hard.
Have a few vacation days, hope to spend more time to visit, could use more lives. I do play everyday when not working, while listening to talk shows.
Have a great day Everybody.

snowmanvt
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
457 Posts

[Post New]by snowmanvt on Oct 5, 17 6:42 AM
This morning on day 16 I got 25 coins in the chest.

Woody, keep playing. After Amsterdam, if you ship and don't need to buy the helping hands, coins will pile up like magic. I have over 82,000 now. I wish I could gift them.

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,277 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Oct 5, 17 6:48 AM
Monsterville will be an event city, so they will time it to include Halloween. Hoping for starting Friday.

Go to: