Ready for the special room

LJM5091
Clownfish
Clownfish
543 Posts

Re:Ready for the special room

[Post New]by LJM5091 on Nov 10, 17 1:26 PM
Man-o-man....I can’t seem to wake up. I have no way of knowing how long I have been sleeping. I haven’t seen anyone but someone must be taking care of me while I am asleep.

I try to sit up. There is no pain to keep me from moving, nor am I in any sort of bindings. Pulling myself to a sitting position uses what little strength I have.I am sitting on a small bed. It almost looks like a child’s bed. Good thing I’m not an Amazonian Warrior!

My foggy brain needs to let in the light to burn off the shadows in my mind.

Surveilling the room, there is a window on the wall behind me. Swinging my feet to that side of the bed, I hope to be able to stand.This reminds me too much of the last time I had to go to the hospital for surgery. That thought makes me homesick. I don’t think anyone from home is looking for me though. I do hope the tearoom gang is trying to find me.

Shuffling to the window, I see there is no way to open it. It is a solid pane of glass. Moving the covering aside, I can see that it is sunny outside. The warmth of the sun...feels like the first day at the beach at the start of summer. The tender skin on my face tingles with the extra heat.It is clearing my soggy, foggy brain. To warm my hands, I place both palms against the glass...except it isn’t glass. Plexiglass!!! weird....

I hear someone rattling the doorknob. Maybe opening a lock? It is quiet, then the door eases open. I am holding my breath, waiting to see who or what is coming through the door. It is a she. She stares and I stare back. When she speaks, her voice is steady and sounds of authority.

“Return to the bed young woman,” she speaks with an accent I don’t recognize.

For now I intend to find out as much as possible before I start asking questions. The lady reminds me of a character out of a Dickens' novel...like a Housekeeper with a large ring of iron keys and some others that look to be electronic?? She is wearing her hair up in a tight bun at the nape of her neck. The clothing IS straight out of Dickens' Bleak House.

Before I can study her closer, she jangles a pair of ancient handcuffs at my face.

“Put your hands behind your back,” her tone has an edge to it. She will not tolerate any monkey business. Good thing, because I never learned how to be a monkey, therefore I don’t know how to do ‘monkey-business’. Hummff!

Edited on 11/10/2017 at 10:41:04 PM PST

LJM5091
Clownfish
Clownfish
543 Posts

[Post New]by LJM5091 on Nov 10, 17 1:28 PM
The unwieldly cuffs tear at my wrist and the pressure on my arm reminds me that the break a few years ago has left it somewhat stiff.

She says that since I am finally awake, she is here to clean up the room and me!

She has another think coming!!! She might end up being cleaned up if she lays a hand on me.

LJM5091
Clownfish
Clownfish
543 Posts

[Post New]by LJM5091 on Nov 10, 17 2:25 PM
Once I am tethered to the bed frame with the handcuffs, the boss lady moves to another door that hides the bathroom. She brings out a broom, dustpan, and dust cloth. I hope both are for the room and not me!! She begins sweeping and I can’t help but giggle. She is so not PTG with his broom. He never kicks up more dust with his sweeping but the woman seems to have found more dust to put on the wooden floor than she is sweeping up!!!

She meanders around the room with no start, no end point. Round and round and not cleaning. The dust she collects in the dustpan is normal dust but there is a lot of dirt and along with the dirt seems to be sparkly particles that reflect the little bit of sunlight coming through the plastic window.

I change my mind about asking questions. That dirt you just swept into the dustpan looks to have something sparkly in it. “Mica,” is all she states. “What color is the mica?” asking politely, I thought. She has already lost her temper with me and raises her voice....”Mica colored. Be quiet!”

Okay. She is NOT helping me bathe!!!!! No way, No how, No Bahama Momma!

I can’t tell if she is finished because the room looks just as dusty as it did 5 minutes ago. However, she must be able to tell because she is standing at the door to the bath and is beckoning with a crooked, boney finger.

She stands near the huge claw foot tub and waves her hand in that direction. Wearing my usual jeans and pirate blouse along with my knee-high boots, I try to climb but it is very tall. I step out away and ask to remove my boots and use the commode with privacy.

She locks the door with an electronic key she put in an opening in the wall and leaves the keys next to the door. Just great! I have to get those keys!

After she uncuffs me, I remove the boots and set them side. I use the facilities. She is running bath water and tells me to get undressed. I tell her no thank you. My clothes are dirty too. Shrugging her shoulders, again she motions to the tub.

The tub is very tall and I can’t get in. She is about to try to cuff me while I am maneuvering the edge of the tub, but when I lean over to try to roll in, she rolls in with me. eeeccckkkkk!!!

LJM5091
Clownfish
Clownfish
543 Posts

[Post New]by LJM5091 on Nov 10, 17 2:28 PM
She is gurgling and I pull back out of the tub. She is lying in the water, thrashing around and within seconds, pretty green, yellow, and pink sparks are shooting out of the housekeeper. I watch. It’s fireworks early!

Her eye sockets, nostril, and ears are steady streams of sparks. Each joint is shooting off sparks. Her dress must have been paper. It’s now papier-mâché stuck in globs to the torso of the....woman? NO!

It’s a robot!!!

The robot is no longer sparking but it is fizzling with an occasional sputter. I begin laughing hard enough to have to sit down on the tiled floor and catch my breath. hahahahahahahaha.........

playingthegame
Manatee
Manatee
3,987 Posts

[Post New]by playingthegame on Nov 10, 17 2:52 PM
I rush back up the hill to the Tea Room calling out for Grim as I do so.

My jangling nerves tells me that all is not well; in fact things are very UNwell!

It is obvious now that DD had been kidnapped and carted off involuntarily to somewhere in the Realm and we need to find out quickly where and rescue her.

Grim has access to all points, places and hideaways here so she should be able to locate the girl.

I almost collide with a rather exasperated looking Grim who seems to be on a murderous mission to demise another member of our little coterie

This is not the time to find out why but to concentrate on locating DD.

So I cajole her back into the HQ with all its monitors and we begin to scan for signs of life that we know so well

She is nowhere to be found!

This is impossible!

It is then that Grim notices that there are several new tracks leading from the edge of the moat which suddenly disappear into the side of the hill.

There has to be a hidden opening there that she has not preciously located or used.

We both go back outside again and make for the spot.

Yes!!

There hidden in the brambles is an opening into a tunnel going into the earth.

Grim, full of curiosity at this new discovery, is all for bounding in and searching where it goes.

I am on the side of caution.

continue>>>>>>>>

playingthegame
Manatee
Manatee
3,987 Posts

[Post New]by playingthegame on Nov 10, 17 3:03 PM
Uppermost in my mind is Cap'n Bob's recent letter to me telling me that Murk and others may be trying to return to do dastardly deeds in our Realm via tunnels.

It seems obvious to me that he won't use any of those we already know about and are guarding.

As we creep inside into the darkness, Grim produces one of her do-dads that light up

In front of us there is a faint silvery glow on the floor which sparkles in the light. It disappears into the distance in front of us.

Has DD managed to leave a trail for us?
Well time will tell so after cautioning Grim to be extra vigilant and hold onto me tightly we proceed.

I am holding my broom and prepared to give it instant instructions to return us to the Tea Room at the first sign of any trouble.

But the stupid thing seems to be intent on sweeping up all the sparkles into little heaps as we progress!

That is until I realize that it is very intelligently forming little way markers so we will know how to return to the opening!

The tunnel widens and as we turn around the next corner I espy two very strange stick like beings propped up on either side of a door.

Within I can hear a kerfuffle of a very familiar kind.

It is DD having fun at someone else's expense!

LJM5091
Clownfish
Clownfish
543 Posts

[Post New]by LJM5091 on Nov 10, 17 4:18 PM
Hmmm. I will have that shame to bear forever, PTG.

LJM5091
Clownfish
Clownfish
543 Posts

[Post New]by LJM5091 on Nov 10, 17 4:24 PM
I crawl over to the tub and carefully peer inside. I guess I am waiting for her/it to stand up and start trying to catch me. But, thankfully, it is pretty much done for. I would love to take it apart and see what’s inside. I don’t see any screws or flanges to pry open. Sealed body construction...the best! The flesh is interesting. Do I dare touch it???? Yes! It is plastic of some sort, very much lifelike down to wrinkles and pasty color. And hair??? Wow! I would like to be in that make-up department to see their take on a Dickens’ character’s skin and make-up. And the hair....eeeeeuuuuuuuooooo...... Double weird.

I need to stop admiring the defunct robot and take off while the taking is good. Well, at least I have keys to get outta here!

Grabbing the keys, I look for the three that are not like the others. One purple, another pink, and the other....puce! Maybe I don’t want to meet these creative wonders. That coloring could be real blood.

Nevertheless, I do wish I knew what they were doing. I already thought I must have waylaid their big yellow fish from the moat. That’s right....the fish was remote controlled. I am sure it belonged to the same people who thought it necessary to abduct me.

If I can get out of here, I can let the gang know we still have intruders in our midst. Of course, we are more likely the intruders but I am sure we have right on our side....we are people!!! after all.

Grimwald
Guppy
Guppy
192 Posts

[Post New]by Grimwald on Nov 10, 17 5:05 PM
I can hear sounds of splashing and electrical sparking, as well as the occasional enthusiastic "ooh".

The door is locked, but above it is an old-fashioned transom window. PTG hoists me onto his shoulders and I peer through.

Hmm. Inside I see an equally old-fashioned claw-footed bathtub. DD is watching a body thrash in the tub. I make a noise low in my throat and I accidentally cuff PTG in the ear with my foot.

"What is it?" PTG grunts, staggering. We sway dangerously in the tunnel. I grasp the frame of the transom and pull us close again.

"Drowning - or electrocution!" I pull myself through the window and land on the floor, inside the locked room, with a thud.

LJM5091
Clownfish
Clownfish
543 Posts

[Post New]by LJM5091 on Nov 11, 17 2:18 AM
Still fumbling with the keys, I walk back to the tub. My thoughts are not about the ‘lifeless’ robot but about which key to use on the door out of this weirding place. Luckily, there are only three so I should be gone lickety splickety.

Unaware of movement on the other side of the door, I nearly fall into the tub ‘orobot upon hearing a loud thud. Turning quickly to catch the movement behind me, my two left feet tangle as a pretzel and I find myself on the floor once again. oooomph!!!

Grim!?!?! Grim.....oh Grim....is it you? Really, really you???

Why am I asking? How many life-sized bunnies do I know?

Grim is lying, sweet bunny-face down, on the tile. I crawl to her prone furriness as she shakes herself and rises to her knees. Almost in practiced synchronicity, we both ask, “Are you alright?”

playingthegame
Manatee
Manatee
3,987 Posts

[Post New]by playingthegame on Nov 11, 17 3:57 AM
When I am relieved of Grim’s weight, I get rid of the kink in my back – that girl is SO heavy; she must have been eating her way through all the Fall candy!

On the other side of the door I hear first a thump, than some slight altercation followed by lots of hugging and jiggling about as the two of them have obviously met and are having fun.

It is then that my broom starts to twitch in an urgent manner (if brooms can actually twitch urgently!)

One of the stick like objects is coming to life and that must mean trouble.

I gather from the conversation the other side of the door that we have robot enemies once more.

Not again!!

I task my broom to speed over to the HOS Repository and find me a couple of magnets and a couple of the electric coils that have been discarded.

It returns and I attach the coils to the magnets, rubbing vigorously to get some electrostatic charge into them.

I then put the apparatus over what should be the heart region of the re-awakening figures.

Spectacular!

It is fireworks night all over again as a cascade of sparks, whizzes and bangs fill the tunnel on each side of the door.

It is at this moment that the door opens and I see through the fog two very large pairs of eyes staring at me.

Below them are mouths wide open with astonishment.

We are re-united once more!

playingthegame
Manatee
Manatee
3,987 Posts

[Post New]by playingthegame on Nov 12, 17 11:51 AM
The three of us travel back up the hill and into the Tea Room where the others are gathered.

It is time to discuss in detail what happened to DD.

But before anything could be done or said, a shower of golden sparkles covers the ceiling and small brilliant globes of light shine over us all.

Words spoken by my Fairy Godmother form in my head:

“Do not be afraid, my dear Friends. This message is for all of you to hear”

From the looks of astonishment, even some fearfulness in the others, it is obvious that they are all heeding the same message as well.

Mrs Fletcher rushes into the room and on seeing us all with identical expressions on our faces, nods and whispers for us to pay attention very carefully.

The silvery voice above us continues.

“It is at this moment that our dearly beloved late Robyn is being laid to rest in the Elvyn Forest and the presence of you all in spirit is requested.

“Your bodies will remain here in this room protected by the star dust but your minds will meld and journey with me to the Elvyn Council to be with the funeral party.

“This will include our leader Cap’n Bob and his acolyte Dandydog.

“This is a great honor that is being bestowed on us by the Elvyn Council in recognition of our continued efforts to defeat the forces of evil that has for once succeeded with the resulting death of Dear Robyn.

“I will pause for a moment for you to gather your thoughts and then our minds will meld and join the others including Cap’n Bob.

“Your safety is assured and you will be returned here after the ceremony”

We all hold together as of one our minds are transported to a far distant place that is beyond wonderful.

Annelliegram
Marlin
Marlin
9,047 Posts

[Post New]by Annelliegram on Nov 14, 17 9:03 AM
Since I cannot travel with them to the memorial in body, I have sent a glowing orb to mark my "presence" ..... Meanwhile, I have spent my time during their absence baking some chocolate chip cookies for them to enjoy upon their return..... I shall be sure to place a sealed domed lid over the top so they will remain fresh, since I know not how long they will be absent.

Edited on 11/15/2017 at 11:17:27 AM PST

Annelliegram
Marlin
Marlin
9,047 Posts

[Post New]by Annelliegram on Nov 14, 17 5:19 PM
Oh, woa is me .... as I depart from the Tea Room, I feel a poke in my derriere and I begin to feel feverish and achy..... I look around to see who or what has attacked me in an unknown fashion, but see no one.

I barely have time to summon the pigeons for them to assist with getting me to the safety of the hidden room in the flying boat.

So much for staying behind and keeping the "Room" safe from intruders!

mdpetdoc
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,112 Posts

[Post New]by mdpetdoc on Nov 17, 17 9:37 PM
It has been a week since I removed Hootie from The Tea Room and carried her through the hidden tunnel to the chamber where I stay with Puff’s family when I am in this world. PTG tried feeding sugar coated mice but Hootie was still grumpy and didn’t want to fly. After carefully examining her, I determined that she was having trouble digesting the rat and was very uncomfortable. I needed to keep the ambient temperature around 80 but that proved almost impossible in the deep, dark chamber. Cinder feeling very guilty about singeing Hootie offered to heat the room air. Overhearing the conversation had sent Hootie into a panic but I was finally able to convince her that staying warm was critical to her recovery. After several days, Hootie started to feel a little better and began to trust Cinder. Today I found Hootie perched on Cinder’s foot dozing comfortably. Hootie has been eating pureed mice for 2 days and has been flapping her wings a little. Today I am going to offer Hootie a fresh mouse that Puff just brought back.

A small pigeon arrives just behind Puff with demands that I come take care of Grim immediately. Grim took a face plant and needs stitches but refuses to come see me. She remembers the shot she received at our last visit. I admonish Hootie to eat the mouse slowly, grab my suture kit, and follow the pigeon down the tunnel wondering how Grim could possibly have done a face plant.

Go to: