Angelfish
Angelfish
1,231 Posts

Big Brain Wolf - DD for 23Nov2010 - Comments and Reviews

[Post New]by gimmegames on Nov 23, 10 12:56 AM
Post 'em if ya got 'em...

Re:Big Brain Wolf - DD for 23Nov2010 - Comments and Reviews

[Post New]by BarbaraFish on Nov 23, 10 3:25 AM
Well, first let me say, humbly, that i am generally known to be intelligent. This game made me feel like a moron. THEN i figured out i had misunderstood most of the instructions - or something wasn't stated. Like the fact that you can't start some exercises until the "submit" button appears. There is a bit of a delay in it appearing.

So, now that i've admitted my flaw, i will buy the game. It was fun and challenging. Just the kind of thing you need occasionally. Also, judging from the walk-through there is a lot to do in this game.

Edited on 11/23/2010 at 3:56:45 AM PST

gimmegames
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,231 Posts

[Post New]by gimmegames on Nov 23, 10 3:43 AM
I've played half the demo so far, and it seems like an okay game. I find the animation and story appealing. It took me quite awhile to go thru the intro stuff and the tutorial. After the tutorial, you click on just anything in the scene and see if it gives you a dialogue box or a mini-game. The couple of mini-games I played so far weren't particularly challenging, attractive, or fun - but that's not to say what the rest of the game may be like.

Janie42
Clownfish
Clownfish
598 Posts

[Post New]by Janie42 on Nov 23, 10 4:13 AM
I really enjoyed this clever, puzzle-packed adventure--definitely made for adults!

A bit like a semi-demented Dr. Zeus, the story is excellent & extremely funny. Graphics are colourful & characters we meet all have their own amazing personalities. Tons of tasks / puzzles to solve, ranging from easy to quite tricky. The story / adventure is very well thought out. We also do "brain training" exercises in spots to advance. These have various levels.

The longish tutorial prepares us well for a lengthy & entertaining game (many hours of play) -- totally enjoyable & quite unique -- a steal at $2.99 for sure!

gimmegames
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,231 Posts

[Post New]by gimmegames on Nov 23, 10 5:48 AM
Finished playing the demo. Ok, I'm sold - who can resist after Janie42's glowing review!

EnvirEng
Guppy
Guppy
152 Posts

[Post New]by EnvirEng on Nov 23, 10 8:13 AM
33 minutes into the trial and I'm buying. Really cute and funny with a droll sense of humor (blue-tooth fairy) . You play a rather laid back, vegetarian wolf who wants to become a genie. You walk around, click on items and are rewarded with slightly demented converstations (the elf bartender who thinks he is a Vulcan) or puzzles. I've got as far as the courthouse--Mom got arrested.

Laid back game. Nothing frantic and, so far, the puzzles have been good and not too challenging. Cartoon like graphics work well for this type of story. The genie (from the genie academy--of course) is your guide.

Very different from the 'typical' computer game and greatly appreciated by me!

Thanks BFG.

Solid 'A' for me.

Edited on 11/23/2010 at 8:17:31 AM PST

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on Nov 23, 10 12:40 PM
This is a refreshingly funny adventure game with lots of brain teasing puzzles. It has clever jokes, a very funny witty story line and a great mix of odd ball characters.

This is not a game that you should rush through. There are many items to click on that aren’t needed to advance the game play but it is much more enjoyable if you click on everything and listen to the comments, quips and satire. The humor is outstanding. The story is so well written and is a quirky blend of mystery, romance, loyalty, greed, compassion, and the basic good verses evil.

The game art work is in a very well done cartoon style. Some of the character’s facial expressions are as funny as their comical dialogues.

The only negative was that the hints sometimes are not very helpful. There are several puzzles involving the game of chess and although I have never played chess. I was able to solve all the puzzles. So don't let that bother you.

Over all this is a great game that lasts a long time and makes you laugh along the way. This is a steal at $2.99.

Edited on 11/23/2010 at 12:42:50 PM PST

NONONONONO
Manatee
Manatee
4,085 Posts

[Post New]by NONONONONO on Nov 23, 10 12:43 PM
Janie 42, LizzieK, excellent reviews! Off to demo now based on them.

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Nov 23, 10 1:10 PM
This is a great game for fans of "Brain Teaser Games". I personally don`t care much for the game, but I am sure many fishies will like this game

joyce2121
Manatee
Manatee
4,490 Posts

[Post New]by joyce2121 on Nov 23, 10 4:19 PM
Excellen reviews and thank you. Not enough time today to
do the whole demo, but based on 20 minutes and these
reviews, spending my $3.17 today and can look forward
to getting into this next week.

Luv you fishies.

neola
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

[Post New]by neola on Nov 23, 10 5:51 PM
Holy mackerel! (No slight intended to the rest of the pond!) This thing is fun and funny. You do have to dust the barnacles off that old gray matter, tho, and it does require a bit of mouse speed in the tests. But not to sweat since the points appear to accumulate so it isn't an all or nothing just this one time. It's sort of like an hilarious Brain Games. That little wolf definitely needs a major caffine dose. But I can see where this would be a good one to play off and on, over and over. Excellent $3 investment.

[Post New]by rosie28sammy on Nov 23, 10 11:03 PM
This is an interesting/different game. Very different from most of the games here on BF. Basically, a game full of minigames set in a story, of which I won't repeat what has already been told. I found the dialogue somewhat funny, although it was really heavy on sarcasm. I had about 30 minutes left on my demo and I got to the courtroom. I haven't checked the walkthrough, but based on the in game map, it appears to be a somewhat lengthy game. I found all the puzzles I played to be pretty easy, but they were all nicely varied. I did find the game to run somewhat slow on my computer....or maybe it just seemed that way because the wolf walked so slow.

Overall, it is a good game for $2.99. If you enjoy the mini-puzzles found in HOGs or you enjoy brain teasers, you will enjoy this game.

Daisy_May
Stingray
Stingray
5,050 Posts

[Post New]by Daisy_May on Nov 27, 10 12:07 PM
Eisteepfirsich wrote:This is a great game for fans of "Brain Teaser Games". I personally don`t care much for the game, but I am sure many fishies will like this game
I like Brain Teaser games but don't like this one much because of all the things that make it an Adventure game as well as a Brain Teaser.

First impressions weren't helped by it taking me a while to figure out how to turn the music off. The music was awful and seriously irritating (JMO of course).

But the puzzles themselves are so very good that I may consider it next time it's a DD (missed it this time and not buying just now anyway). I demoed it today because I have a coupon to spend but it's not worth a coupon to me.

Cultistmum
Guppy
Guppy
162 Posts

[Post New]by Cultistmum on Apr 21, 12 1:16 PM
To be honest, I'm not impressed with this one. It is mildly funny, and the graphics are a bit different, but I thought it was really, really slow.. After a while the 'comical' remarks seemed to get lamer and lamer, and the music became tedious. The puzzles are not my cup of tea either - not overly simple, which I appreciated, but nothing I haven't come across in other games far too often. The storyline could have been fun if they had tightened the pace a bit, but on the whole I found it majorly dull.

Go to: