Library and the Theater

bfgErie
Catfish
Catfish
1,538 Posts

Library and the Theater

[Post New]by bfgErie on Nov 26, 08 12:20 AM
A bookshelf of codes, if all were told.
Might make more sense if you watch a film quite old.

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

Re:Library and the Theater

[Post New]by prpldva on Nov 26, 08 4:36 AM
mummypops wrote:I cannot write these down fast enough, thanks

Hi MP- the film keeps repeating itself, I had to watch several times

[Post New]by satexasgirl on Nov 27, 08 10:56 AM
I'm stuck here. I've watched the movie over & over & over again. I've got the smbols in order for the bottom shel, but I cant gelt all of the ones for the top shelf.

janspack
Herring
Herring
338 Posts

[Post New]by janspack on Nov 27, 08 11:29 AM
Can anyone do a cheat for the books please? I can't even see some of the symbols on the books in the film! Getting old you know.

[Post New]by nankle on Nov 27, 08 11:41 AM
OK I am obviously missing something... I have put the film reel on the projector, but I can't get it to turn on. Any help is appreciated...

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on Nov 27, 08 3:30 PM
It's been the same each time I've played and it seems you only need to worry about the bottom shelf
Here they are from left to right

Capitol I in a circle
Triangle
X
curlyque
R
circle with a dot
Looks like a backwards C with a vertical line
Diamond with a dot in it

[Post New]by kimyane on Nov 27, 08 8:51 PM
I have a silly question. What is the purpose of getting the record for the gramophone? I re-entered the attic and re-searched and got the record and put it on the gramophone, but nothing special happened, no new clue or anything. I can hear voices but they sound like they are backwards. When I click all it will say is something about the music being soothing. This would be in the library, I've already broken the boarded up window and could leave, but wasn't sure if I missed something with the gramphone and record. I've played the game twice and can't figure it out.

umigame87
Starfish
Starfish
40 Posts

[Post New]by umigame87 on Nov 27, 08 8:56 PM
nankle wrote:OK I am obviously missing something... I have put the film reel on the projector, but I can't get it to turn on. Any help is appreciated...

yap, you need the metal thing which is on the table in the library... something looks round and black... than you can turn on the film projector..

for kimyane, the record is not for the gramophone, it is for the film projector.. if you have broke the window, you can go once again to the cottage on the right door to do the domino puzzle..

[Post New]by mystic255 on Nov 27, 08 9:28 PM
I am stuck in the theatre and cant get out. I have used the axe to break the window but still cant get out.

culady
Guppy
Guppy
107 Posts

[Post New]by culady on Nov 27, 08 10:11 PM
Just finished playing a second time (credits ran). Never found the record for the phonograph. What does it do (besides go around). Does it add to the game play.

karenso
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by karenso on Nov 27, 08 11:18 PM
I'm stuck in the theatre and library... the film is running and I've already put the books in order, but can't get out of either room. Any hints and/or suggestions? Thanks.

juliamadeane
Flounder
Flounder
2,137 Posts

[Post New]by juliamadeane on Nov 27, 08 11:22 PM
karenso wrote:I'm stuck in the theatre and library... the film is running and I've already put the books in order, but can't get out of either room. Any hints and/or suggestions? Thanks.

Karen . . . use the ax on the window in the theater. You will be where you put the ladder up to get the eyeball . . . use the ladder to climb out.

karenso
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by karenso on Nov 27, 08 11:25 PM
I don't have an axe... the only thing I have left in my inventory is the wet rag. Have I hit a snag? Thanks for your help.

karenso
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by karenso on Nov 27, 08 11:27 PM
Oops! I just got it... went back to the library for the axe. Thanks much! What fun as well as challenging!

karstenmp1
Squid
Squid
75 Posts

[Post New]by karstenmp1 on Nov 27, 08 11:50 PM
I also would like to know, if there is something special with the record in the library?
It just plays a "soothing" tune, with some backwards speach.
I did'nt find it the first time i played, but it didn't seem to matter.

cesse47
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
25,099 Posts

[Post New]by cesse47 on Nov 28, 08 12:42 AM
I don't believe there was anything critical about finding and playing the record...just one of the steps along the way. It was not critical to the gameplay and you are able to play to the finish without playing the record.

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on Nov 28, 08 5:15 AM
I sat there listening for quite some time, thinking that patience would pay off, but nothing. It just keeps repeating.

missalock
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by missalock on Nov 28, 08 1:30 PM
umigame87 wrote:
nankle wrote:OK I am obviously missing something... I have put the film reel on the projector, but I can't get it to turn on. Any help is appreciated...

yap, you need the metal thing which is on the table in the library... something looks round and black... than you can turn on the film projector..

for kimyane, the record is not for the gramophone, it is for the film projector.. if you have broke the window, you can go once again to the cottage on the right door to do the domino puzzle..

No... The film reel is for the projector. The record is for the gramophone. I agree with Kimyane however, the record is purely a story element, it seems to have absolutely no use in solving the game. I thought perhaps you could reverse the gramophone and hear a message, as I also thought it sounded like a backwards recording. You can't.

To operate the film projector you need both a film reel and a knob for the on/off switch.

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on Nov 28, 08 7:03 PM
cat52 wrote:
umigame87 wrote:

Whoa, now you've got me wondering: I just went through the second time and totally omitted the record with no problem. Your implication is that the record is the sound track for the film?? Well call me clicky - don't tell me I have to play the game again! LOL

LOL- don't you mean "clicky-pants"?

Edited on 11/28/2008 at 7:03:43 PM PST

[Post New]by cherokeekid1 on Nov 29, 08 8:38 AM
how do i get to the library and theater????

Go to: