bfgErie
Catfish
Catfish
1,538 Posts

Ocean Stairs - Steps to Cottage

[Post New]by bfgErie on Nov 26, 08 12:21 AM
To get past the gap that’s becoming an obstacle.
Perhaps a pattern could be found hidden beneath a barnacle.

mummypops
Koi
Koi
80,817 Posts

Re:Ocean Stairs - Steps to Cottage

[Post New]by mummypops on Nov 26, 08 12:22 AM
Thanks again, want a

peutetre
Clownfish
Clownfish
883 Posts

[Post New]by peutetre on Nov 27, 08 8:09 AM
Kali_Hawk wrote:ok, will admit it .... can't find the barnacle!

Use the putty knife on the stairs

Celeryhart
Herring
Herring
346 Posts

[Post New]by Celeryhart on Nov 27, 08 8:13 AM
Putty knife..?? What putty knife..? Where do I find that...? What a challenge this game is.. Whew.... !!

[Post New]by bozemoj on Nov 27, 08 8:17 AM
The putty knife is located in the hidden object area on top of the tram.

It's 2.20 in the morning here in Australia, so it's time to go to bed. Happy gaming!!!

The tram is later on in the game when you go through the third door with the typewriter. Don't worry you have plenty of time and much fun ahead!!

Edited on 11/27/2008 at 8:26:48 AM PST

Celeryhart
Herring
Herring
346 Posts

[Post New]by Celeryhart on Nov 27, 08 8:22 AM
Top of the tram..??..LOL... oh lord above... I"m so lost and I forgot my bread crumbs...
I have no idea where the tram is... LOL. I"ve gotten to the beauty parlor.. up into the bedroom and bathroom... but haven't seem a tram either..Don't have a hammer to take the nails out of the dresser.. or the key to unlock the medicine cabinet.. Sigh.. !!!

What twisted minds these game makers have....LOL

Celeryhart
Herring
Herring
346 Posts

[Post New]by Celeryhart on Nov 27, 08 4:57 PM
Oh Cesse47... I"ve about had it with this game... stuff isn't going into my inventor like it should.. etc etc.. So I uninstalled it.. reinstalled it.. and now this time.. the male statue by the skeleton door is not clickable... ( I only know to do this because I was following the tips and tricks )

I did get all the marbles the first time I played this.. didn't get all the typewriter keys though.. I"ve plain given up for now until I head back from tech support.. if my game isn't working right them I'm just banging my head against the wall for nothing..
Patience isn't not one of my virtues...LOL

I don't even know what twins door you are talking about...LOL

Wish I could say it was Happy Gaming.. but in this case it sure isn't...

maybe a few of these will calm me down....

BinLA
Stingray
Stingray
5,914 Posts

[Post New]by BinLA on Nov 27, 08 5:08 PM
If your inventory is full, you might have to click on the right arrow to see everything in it. I've found that it's best to use an item as soon as I know where it goes because that releases any next step puzzles.

Celeryhart
Herring
Herring
346 Posts

[Post New]by Celeryhart on Nov 27, 08 5:22 PM
Yes, Bin... I know.. but my inventory is not full.... and I agree I do use them as soon as I can... but I think I have more of a problem going on here...

Thanks though.. !

mitchie55
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by mitchie55 on Nov 27, 08 6:23 PM
this is the hardest game i have EVER played....am getting nowhere with it.....HELP PLEASE!!!!!

mitchie55
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by mitchie55 on Nov 27, 08 6:38 PM
at the cottage overlooking the water

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on Nov 27, 08 6:40 PM
mitchie55 wrote:at the cottage overlooking the water

OK- I need a little more information. Which puzzle are you on?

silky100
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by silky100 on Nov 28, 08 7:26 AM
stuck in twoplaces. I do not know how to solve the three doors in the basement or get to the cottage. I have lot of things in inventory however, they do not work on anything at this time. Please help if you can.

cesse47
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
25,099 Posts

[Post New]by cesse47 on Nov 29, 08 8:24 AM
silky100 wrote:stuck in twoplaces. I do not know how to solve the three doors in the basement or get to the cottage. I have lot of things in inventory however, they do not work on anything at this time. Please help if you can.
Silky, don't worry about the cottage...that comes much later in the game.
...It sounds like you just solved the fireplace puzzle and found the 3 doors. The order to the doors is middle, left, right. So, solve the puzzle on the middle door first and go inside ... lots to do, lots of HO areas, many puzzles. when you are finished with this door, you will have found rose and the 4th red marble. At that time you can move on to the left door puzzle.
...If you need help with a specific area or puzzle, please give more info and tell us what you have in inventory. Good Luck

silky100
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by silky100 on Nov 29, 08 1:20 PM
Thanks i think I am finished withthe 3 doors. How do you find the sets to cottage? Thanks

[Post New]by libragal22 on Nov 29, 08 2:32 PM
Hi, Finally matched the ravens pattern to the lock and got the bridge, Went into(what I assume is) Victor's House and my game froze. I couldn't do anything. The same thing happened at Rose's Coffin. Any ideas on how to fix the problem? I am reading alot of fish out here have reinstalled---some with not so good luck. How many in the pond have experienced the same thing? How do I proceed?

Thanks

[Post New]by libragal22 on Nov 29, 08 5:20 PM
prpldva wrote:
libragal22 wrote:Hi, Finally matched the ravens pattern to the lock and got the bridge, Went into(what I assume is) Victor's House and my game froze. I couldn't do anything. The same thing happened at Rose's Coffin. Any ideas on how to fix the problem? I am reading alot of fish out here have reinstalled---some with not so good luck. How many in the pond have experienced the same thing? How do I proceed?

Thanks

i also froze at victors, but was able to go back in. Not like the twins area. Get out of the game and go back in. My video started right up. I hope this works

Thank you. that did work. Now I am stuck at the last puzzle. How in the world do you get 1-17 to line up?

umigame87
Starfish
Starfish
40 Posts

[Post New]by umigame87 on Nov 29, 08 5:27 PM
libragal22 wrote:
prpldva wrote:
libragal22 wrote:Hi, Finally matched the ravens pattern to the lock and got the bridge, Went into(what I assume is) Victor's House and my game froze. I couldn't do anything. The same thing happened at Rose's Coffin. Any ideas on how to fix the problem? I am reading alot of fish out here have reinstalled---some with not so good luck. How many in the pond have experienced the same thing? How do I proceed?

Thanks

i also froze at victors, but was able to go back in. Not like the twins area. Get out of the game and go back in. My video started right up. I hope this works

Thank you. that did work. Now I am stuck at the last puzzle. How in the world do you get 1-17 to line up?

That's my problem too...quite difficult... i just cant wait the next story so that i skipped it...what a pitty...

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on Nov 29, 08 5:27 PM
libragal22 wrote:
prpldva wrote:

Thanks

You're very welcome!

On the number puzzle, remember that there are an odd number of tiles. If you get to one that is off by one space, you have to move it all the way around the circle.

Hope this helps.

[Post New]by libragal22 on Nov 29, 08 5:37 PM
prpldva wrote:
libragal22 wrote:
prpldva wrote:

Thanks

You're very welcome!

On the number puzzle, remember that there are an odd number of tiles. If you get to one that is off by one space, you have to move it all the way around the circle.

Hope this helps.

Not really, sorry. So if I have to move a # all the way around--it has to be either on the left or right? Should I stay moving right or left instead of changing back and forth? Don't quite get it. Must be a numb head.

Go to: