Schoolhouse

 
bfgErie
Catfish
Catfish
1,538 Posts

Schoolhouse

[Post New]by bfgErie on Nov 26, 08 12:26 AM
Students wont learn in a school without lights.
Find help for this problem in store stocked with frights.

 
mummypops
Koi
Koi
80,817 Posts

Re:Schoolhouse

[Post New]by mummypops on Nov 26, 08 12:27 AM
Oh No , thought that was he end

 

Re:Schoolhouse

[Post New]by meandmurry on Nov 26, 08 12:05 PM
I cannot remember how to get back to the school! Help!

 
hollie96
Herring
Herring
333 Posts

Re:Schoolhouse

[Post New]by hollie96 on Nov 26, 08 12:24 PM
This is probably a blindingly simple problem, but I can't figure out what to do with the puzzle on the door to the schoolhouse basement. How does that puzzle work? I don't need the answer, just a hint. Anyone?

Lol, nevermind, I just got it.

Edited on 11/26/2008 at 12:29:21 PM PST


 

Re:Schoolhouse

[Post New]by karen1573 on Nov 26, 08 12:32 PM
hollie96 wrote:This is probably a blindingly simple problem, but I can't figure out what to do with the puzzle on the door to the schoolhouse basement. How does that puzzle work? I don't need the answer, just a hint. Anyone?

Lol, nevermind, I just got it.


I'm totally stumped on that part! Any help?

 
cesse47
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
25,099 Posts

Re:Schoolhouse

[Post New]by cesse47 on Nov 26, 08 5:35 PM
You're most welcome. Took me a while to connect the two and realize one was giving a clue to solving the other. LOL

 

Re:Schoolhouse

[Post New]by paratam64 on Nov 26, 08 8:11 PM
help i have pot holder i found the temp 450 but cant get it adjusted any pointers

 
prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

Re:Schoolhouse

[Post New]by prpldva on Nov 26, 08 10:24 PM
Geckohead wrote:Where is the pot holder? I can't get the right number for the phone nor figure out the candy house door...


the pot holder is found at the gingerbread house- at the tea party hidden object area

 
stacyb30
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

Re:Schoolhouse

[Post New]by stacyb30 on Nov 27, 08 2:43 AM
How did you get the temp from those scratches on the door?

cesse47 wrote:Look at the left corner and note the temperature. Go to the toy shop and use the hot pad to adjust the handles on the side to match that temp. When you do, a pattern will be on top of the stove. Match this pattern on the cellar door. Good Luck

 
cesse47
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
25,099 Posts

Re:Schoolhouse

[Post New]by cesse47 on Nov 27, 08 3:03 AM
stacyb30 wrote:How did you get the temp from those scratches on the door?

cesse47 wrote:Look at the left corner and note the temperature. Go to the toy shop and use the hot pad to adjust the handles on the side to match that temp. When you do, a pattern will be on top of the stove. Match this pattern on the cellar door. Good Luck
Stacy, I went to the cellar door and played a bit with the puzzle but couldn't figure out what to do. Then, I noticed a number in bottom left corner; mine said 500 degrees. I remembered the stove so went to the Toy Store to look at it and realized I could change the temp by turning the handles on the left. When correct, a pattern emerged on top which told me how to solve the cellar door puzzle.
...Good Luck

 
juliamadeane
Flounder
Flounder
2,137 Posts

Re:Schoolhouse

[Post New]by juliamadeane on Nov 28, 08 4:29 PM
gapits wrote:This is my first post and boy do I really need some help! I have gone to the school house basement door and gotten the temp, when I set the stove for the right temp it gave me the pattern but upon my return to the basement door and entering the pattern and hitting the button it does absolutely nothing!! What am I doing wrong?


There is the picture of either young Queen Victoria or old Queen Victoria when you click it . . . change the picture and see if that works.

Oh yea h.... Welcome to the Pond!!!!!

 

Re:Schoolhouse

[Post New]by ironhorsejockey on Nov 29, 08 4:50 AM
I had the pot holder in my inventory.. then it dissappeared. There is no option of going back for it in the hidden object game at the tea party again.

How do I get it again?


 
prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

Re:Schoolhouse

[Post New]by prpldva on Nov 29, 08 4:55 AM
ironhorsejockey wrote:I had the pot holder in my inventory.. then it dissappeared. There is no option of going back for it in the hidden object game at the tea party again.

How do I get it again?



Hi ironhorsejockey- welcome to the forums!

If you already set the stove to the correct temperature, it will go away.

 

Re:Schoolhouse

[Post New]by NattoCat on Nov 29, 08 12:28 PM
Ironhorse, the same thing happened to me!

I just got the pot holder and clicked randomly at the cellar door without even trying to figure out what the puzzle was, and suddenly it opened. Then later I looked at my inventory and the pot holder was gone. I never used it on the stove at all. That really frustrated me because until I came here and read some threads I thought I had lost the pot holder and made the game unwinnable, since I didn't know what the stove puzzle unlocked.

By the way, I think it's silly that you carry around a damp cloth and it can't be used to touch the stove. Not the best designed puzzle imho. Still a great game and I'm glad I bought it!

 
juliamadeane
Flounder
Flounder
2,137 Posts

Re:Schoolhouse

[Post New]by juliamadeane on Nov 29, 08 12:31 PM
NattoCat wrote:Ironhorse, the same thing happened to me!

I just got the pot holder and clicked randomly at the cellar door without even trying to figure out what the puzzle was, and suddenly it opened. Then later I looked at my inventory and the pot holder was gone. I never used it on the stove at all. That really frustrated me because until I came here and read some threads I thought I had lost the pot holder and made the game unwinnable, since I didn't know what the stove puzzle unlocked.

By the way, I think it's silly that you carry around a damp cloth and it can't be used to touch the stove. Not the best designed puzzle imho. Still a great game and I'm glad I bought it!


Welcome to the Pond!! Loved the comment about the damp cloth . . . it took me 12 hours to solve this game . . . after that long just how damp is the dumb thing going to be??? LOL

 
missalock
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

Re:Schoolhouse

[Post New]by missalock on Nov 29, 08 12:35 PM
NattoCat wrote:Ironhorse, the same thing happened to me!

I just got the pot holder and clicked randomly at the cellar door without even trying to figure out what the puzzle was, and suddenly it opened. Then later I looked at my inventory and the pot holder was gone. I never used it on the stove at all. That really frustrated me because until I came here and read some threads I thought I had lost the pot holder and made the game unwinnable, since I didn't know what the stove puzzle unlocked.

By the way, I think it's silly that you carry around a damp cloth and it can't be used to touch the stove. Not the best designed puzzle imho. Still a great game and I'm glad I bought it!


Actually, that isn't a design flaw. If you used a damp cloth to try to touch something hot, especially 500F or 600F, you would scald your hand. Just ask any mother who has picked up a wet potholder to get something out of the oven and blistered her hand.

 

Re:Schoolhouse

[Post New]by NattoCat on Nov 29, 08 2:39 PM
Interesting Missalock. I never thought about that but I guess it makes sense. I still think you should get a custom message describing how the detective would be burnt, however.... because it's such an obvious thing to try I'm sure everyone who reaches the stove pulls out the damp cloth immediately!

Thanks for the welcome Juliamadeane. I've promoted BFG with an ad on my own freeware game's web page (same as my name) but this is my first time visiting their forums.

I'm glad I did because I was afraid last night that I had found a bug and was going to have to start over and keep a closer eye on that stupid pot holder.

 

Re:Schoolhouse

[Post New]by JOANBREIT31 on Dec 2, 08 8:44 AM
what is suppose to be in the basement of the school and how the fgfgfs do you turn the lights on in the school

 

Re:Schoolhouse

[Post New]by JOANBREIT31 on Dec 2, 08 11:39 AM
HOW DO YOU TURN THE LIGHTS ON IN THE SCHOOL HOUSE PLEASE HELP

 
cesse47
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
25,099 Posts

Re:Schoolhouse

[Post New]by cesse47 on Dec 2, 08 11:42 AM
JOANBREIT31 wrote:HOW DO YOU TURN THE LIGHTS ON IN THE SCHOOL HOUSE PLEASE HELP
Welcome to the Fish Pond. Do you have a fuse in inventory? If so, go to the Middle door and go to the General Store and put it in the fuse box. If not, look for a sparkly area in the creepy dolls scene and it will be an item to find. Good Luck
..
.
edited to correct store name. sorry for confusion.

Edited on 12/02/2008 at 11:57:06 AM PST


 
 
 
 
Go to: