bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Welcome to Mystery Case Files ®: 13th Skull ™ Collector's Edition forum

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Nov 24, 10 12:05 AM
Welcome to Mystery Case Files ®: 13th Skull ™ Collector's Edition forum! This is your place to ask questions, share tips, and connect with other Mystery Case Files ®: 13th Skull ™ Collector's Edition players.

If you have questions about how to use the forums, please click the FAQ link on the right.

suze14
Squid
Squid
66 Posts

Re:Welcome to Mystery Case Files ®: 13th Skull ™ Collector's Edition forum

[Post New]by suze14 on Nov 24, 10 12:16 AM
bought the game without even looking at the demo ..... how sad am i lol

geri_mac
Minnow
Minnow
259 Posts

[Post New]by geri_mac on Nov 24, 10 12:26 AM
me too suze me too, downloading as we speak

[Post New]by oakraidergrl4lif on Nov 24, 10 12:30 AM
I can't believe it came out that quick! I just bought it too without demoing it because I already know it will be awesome.WOOOOOHOOOOOO!!

[Post New]by LisaMarie29 on Nov 24, 10 12:32 AM
75%....cant wait

[Post New]by Mitzikerr on Nov 24, 10 12:39 AM
Just spent 30 mins downloading and installation failed (766). VERY disappointing....so far not impressed

[Post New]by ChesterPepper79 on Nov 24, 10 12:49 AM
I also bought it without doing the trial first.

I'm really sorry to hear that, Mitzikerr! Apparently, that's not an isolated incident. Better luck to you the next time you download!!! Good luck to everyone for that matter.

I'm at 48%

[Post New]by suekjones on Nov 24, 10 12:51 AM
I'll buy it too without trialling it-only wish I wasn't doing overtime today (usually finish at 12 at midday on a Wednesday) as will now have to wait until I get home this evening ;-(

amyangyl
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by amyangyl on Nov 24, 10 12:59 AM
Woke up in the middle of the night and rather than closing my eyes and going back to sleep like a sane person, I jumped up, ran to my computer, and headed to BFG, where I proceeded to also buy the game with no demo. Been waiting on this one! Download is at 33% now, and I can't believe my impatience!

[Post New]by Mitzikerr on Nov 24, 10 1:07 AM
I'll be interested to know if anyone else can play this game. My error message said file invalid - haven't seen that one before. Really not happy.....any ideas?

[Post New]by angeleyesofhope1 on Nov 24, 10 1:13 AM
I also bought the game without any hesistation. Now after 3 tried download and the same message---installation failed, I am beyond myself. Already did everything the help menu advised me to. My question now is what is the next step?

pungstress
Minnow
Minnow
203 Posts

[Post New]by pungstress on Nov 24, 10 1:15 AM
Well, at least I played 12 minutes of the demo before purchasing the game; after all, who can pass up a free-bee? In those twelve minutes it became clear that the game is the same quality as DG and RTR, in graphics, storyline and complexity. Nice to have a SG built in. My only negative comment is the sound effects are pretty heavy-handed. Usually I can tune out the sound effects in games but the wind especially got annoying almost immediately so I turned it down. Music was appropriate to the storyline. Like that there are smarty-pants comments both in scripted text and from the wife.
I hope that they soon fix whatever bug is lurking in the game that is causing some fishies problems with downloading. They're in for a hell of a ride!
UPDATE: I spoke too soon; after my original post, I purchased the game, started the download and went to bed. When I got up this morning the game manager was showing the dreaded message "error downloading"! I located the message from BFG about the new version, deleted the game and I'm now downloading it again. Thanks for burning the midnight oil fixing the problems, oh you BFG tech wizards; or should I wait on the congrats until the download is done and a Isee if I can play it? Whistling past the graveyard am I...

Edited on 11/24/2010 at 10:01:06 AM PST

[Post New]by kittiboo26 on Nov 24, 10 1:17 AM
Hi all!

I, too had bought the game without really playing any of it because I beta tested it. It originally downloaded, & installed correctly, but it messed up during game play, so I removed it. When I went to re download it, it told me that download failed. I am on my second retry now. I'm a little aggravated with the way things are going with games these days as well, This is the second CE game I've bought in the last 2 weeks & had issues with. Apparently this game wasn't as ready as they believed it was.

bfgImbrium
Manatee
Manatee
4,236 Posts

[Post New]by bfgImbrium on Nov 24, 10 1:18 AM
Hi fishies,

Just popping in to say that we have all hands on deck to make sure to resolve the installation issue that has arisen!

We'll make sure you're cleared to sail into this adventure as soon as possible me maties!

bfgImbrium

pungstress
Minnow
Minnow
203 Posts

[Post New]by pungstress on Nov 24, 10 1:18 AM
angeleyesofhope1 wrote:I also bought the game without any hesistation. Now after 3 tried download and the same message---installation failed, I am beyond myself. Already did everything the help menu advised me to. My question now is what is the next step?

I had this happen with another game, angel and when I re-booted my computer I was then able to download the game without incident. Hope that works for you. If not, I hope the big brains at BFG are burning the midnight oil solving this problem. This is the most anticipated game all year. They have to be getting thousands of complaints!

[Post New]by angeleyesofhope1 on Nov 24, 10 1:28 AM
Pungstress, thank you for the tip but I already tried all that. Even tried redownloading the game manager. I hope that they get this issue fixed soon. We all have waited so long. Once again, thanks.

shorenuf
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,281 Posts

[Post New]by shorenuf on Nov 24, 10 1:50 AM
There were no issues downloading the Mac version. I have a 24" iMac with 4 gigs of memory and this game does use all of that. This is one awesome production for a casual game!

2 questions:

Resolution: I tried all my screen resolutions so I could play in "widescreen" option, but the game says it cannot set widescreen at the current resolution. Please tell me the recommended resolution. Thanks.

The frame rate setting: My iMac is 2 years old. It's specs are:
3.06 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
4 GB 800 MHz DDR2 SDRAM
OS Snow Leopard 10.6.5

Is this in the "older computer" category?
Thanks for your help.

One more thing -- could you please add a Mac thread for this game as you do for others. Thanks again.

bfgImbrium
Manatee
Manatee
4,236 Posts

[Post New]by bfgImbrium on Nov 24, 10 2:23 AM
Hi fishies,

Got a small update: we're still working on a fix for the full version but fishies that have not yet purchased the game should try playing the trial version which should not have any installation issues.

We are working towards getting the pirate ghost chained to the full version and there's currently a full pirate shoot out in the kitchen.

He's running low on ammo though so we think we have him cornered. I gotta run and give the guys the rope (took me a while to find it in this junkpile).

Back with more news soon!

bfgImbrium

Edited on 11/24/2010 at 2:36:33 AM PST

yvonnehoho
Minnow
Minnow
245 Posts

[Post New]by yvonnehoho on Nov 24, 10 2:41 AM
I'm trying to download 13th Skull for the 3rd time...2,5 hours already and for some reason nobody knows it twice started all over again...and it's very very slow in downloading.
I hope I can play it with full screen, cause the other MCF games are windowed.
Brandnew computer...all other games are in full screen only MCF not
And as I have a 26" screen I want to enjoy it
Cross my fingers

Yvonne

geezerhundmom
Guppy
Guppy
191 Posts

[Post New]by geezerhundmom on Nov 24, 10 2:42 AM
Thanks for the update BFG- BUT after several failed downloads with the full version - I tried the trial version which dl'd and installaed fine BUT it will NOT LAUNCH. Help!

Go to: