bfgOkeechobee
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,211 Posts

Your Comments and Reviews for Mystery Case Files ®: 13th Skull ™ Collector's Edition

[Post New]by bfgOkeechobee on Nov 24, 10 12:11 AM
Hey Fishies! What do you think of Mystery Case Files ®: 13th Skull ™ Collector's Edition? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments, opinions, hints and tips in this thread!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

Happy gaming!

-bfgOkeechobee

RNJD4949
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Mystery Case Files ®: 13th Skull ™ Collector's Edition

[Post New]by RNJD4949 on Nov 24, 10 12:15 AM
Downloading now. The house looks like Oak Alley Plantation up river from New Orleans.

EdnaMoles
Clownfish
Clownfish
824 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Mystery Case Files ®: 13th Skull ™ Collector's Edition

[Post New]by EdnaMoles on Nov 24, 10 12:19 AM
Will be downloadiing in the morning, can hardly keep my eyes open now

bootsie21
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,188 Posts

[Post New]by bootsie21 on Nov 24, 10 12:20 AM
$17.99? this is what I see as the price for this game? am in the UK

bfgOkeechobee
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,211 Posts

[Post New]by bfgOkeechobee on Nov 24, 10 12:22 AM
Hey fishies!

Let's make sure all posts in this thread are specifically comments *or* reviews in order to keep things organized.

I have a feeling this thread will be fairly active, so let's all do our part to make sure all posts are on topic.

Thanks everyone! Please PM me or any other moderator if you have any questions!

-bfgOkeechobee

88blyth
Catfish
Catfish
1,705 Posts

[Post New]by 88blyth on Nov 24, 10 12:27 AM
bootsie21...mine says £11.99 x x

Poutoule
Archerfish
Archerfish
41,630 Posts

[Post New]by Poutoule on Nov 24, 10 12:30 AM
Oh boy ! I've been waiting for that so long... Nearly bought it straight away but rememberance of the last Dreamchronicles stopped me. Will let you know what I think about it.

flowerchild44
Marlin
Marlin
8,348 Posts

[Post New]by flowerchild44 on Nov 24, 10 12:34 AM
yipppeeeeee, i am a happy fishie!!!!

togood2be
Guppy
Guppy
163 Posts

MCF with real people!

[Post New]by togood2be on Nov 24, 10 12:44 AM
I have to say MCF has certainly changed. Scenes with real movies, speak to real people. Even the hog scenes look pretty real.
I am on the fence now, I am just not sure I can get use to interacting with "real" people and scenery..lol
I am sure I will buy it just to keep the collection going. I have only played 20 minutes and am dealing with the maid now.
Maybe it will take some getting use to, i just re-read what I wrote above, lol I sound like a shut in.. Have a great Thanksgiving all!

Omachka
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by Omachka on Nov 24, 10 12:54 AM
I bought this as soon as I saw it was out. I am not disappointed. This series keeps getting better and better! Real people in it and that is amazing. Music is wonderful. Now if only there were more than 24 hours in a day so I could play longer.

kitkat725
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by kitkat725 on Nov 24, 10 1:01 AM
After reading all these negative posts about download problems I'm beginning to think that BFG is overloaded with downloads because there are so many of us who are MCF fans who've been anxiously waiting for this game! I waited for 30 min. for the download to even start! I'm waiting til tomorrow p.m. to try again.

Tundei
Clownfish
Clownfish
653 Posts

[Post New]by Tundei on Nov 24, 10 1:01 AM
looks interesting, graphics beautiful, but it's time to

SabreQueen
Clownfish
Clownfish
658 Posts

[Post New]by SabreQueen on Nov 24, 10 1:09 AM
My only "review" is 1 hr latter I am only 33% installed . So i will hafta leave the puter on and check in the morning. Enjoy fishies!

sandyterryb
Lobster
Lobster
84 Posts

[Post New]by sandyterryb on Nov 24, 10 1:10 AM
Absolute buy for me. Took about fourty minutes to get through the trial version and just loved it. So neat interacting with real actors. Hog scenes a bit junky but objects not too difficult to find. Hit the hint button when I wasn`t sure just what to do next and it tells you where to go or what your supposed to be looking for. Thank-you so much BF for another great story line and game.

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on Nov 24, 10 1:13 AM
Did anyone get the full version game (NOT the demo) to install? If you did, what was your secret??

govegril
Stingray
Stingray
5,727 Posts

[Post New]by govegril on Nov 24, 10 1:18 AM
Nobody is getting a complete installation yet.

bfgImbrium posted they are working on it, so best wait for her to tell us it is now fixed.

gamergirl675
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,156 Posts

MCF with real people!

[Post New]by gamergirl675 on Nov 24, 10 1:20 AM
togood2be wrote:I have to say MCF has certainly changed. Scenes with real movies, speak to real people. Even the hog scenes look pretty real.
I am on the fence now, I am just not sure I can get use to interacting with "real" people and scenery..lol
I am sure I will buy it just to keep the collection going. I have only played 20 minutes and am dealing with the maid now.
Maybe it will take some getting use to, i just re-read what I wrote above, lol I sound like a shut in.. Have a great Thanksgiving all!

LOL!! Shut in... that's so cute. Installing the demo now... I bet I love it since I love the whole realism thing... the videos were my fave part of Dire Grove.

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on Nov 24, 10 1:21 AM
I am so silly.... the people who got the full game to install are off playing it and not hanging out in here. Duh!!

divaprods
Minnow
Minnow
285 Posts

[Post New]by divaprods on Nov 24, 10 1:22 AM
I don't like interacting w/real people, especially the ones that showed up in the preview, too cliche backwoods southern. No technical probs so far but this is one of those games where you don't get a full hour, just a "preview"

Rebeca_Lily
Catfish
Catfish
1,515 Posts

[Post New]by Rebeca_Lily on Nov 24, 10 1:26 AM
shadowfax44 wrote:Did anyone get the full version game (NOT the demo) to install? If you did, what was your secret??

Yes, I did. The secret: Windows 7, home edition, 32 bits. In the middle of the download got a message that the game won't work with present configuration, and was offered to reinstall the recommended features (usually it hints about Support Pack 2 of Windows XP, as SP3 doesn't work with some games). After accepting, the install went fine, without any problems (the demo), and now it downloads the full version.

Go to: