bfgImbrium
Manatee
Manatee
4,236 Posts

Post any Jane's Hotel Mania technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgImbrium on Nov 24, 10 12:31 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

Re:Post any Jane's Hotel Mania technical issues here only

[Post New]by BlueEyedPrep on Nov 25, 10 9:01 AM
Mine keeps crashing at the end of day 3 scottland. It's rather annoying. . . any help would be great.

My error message. . .

Error: Access Violation at 0x004C69FA (tried to read 0x0000000000), program terminated

Edited on 11/25/2010 at 1:06:26 PM PST

[Post New]by Scrapinator on Nov 25, 10 3:33 PM
Same for me. I got through to the Egypt hotel, day 2 and it crashed and I had to start all the way back at the first day. It had crashed several times before that point.

[Post New]by lchamberlin on Nov 26, 10 6:24 AM
I am having the same issue and went through everything but reinstalling the game. Didnt see much point if others are having the exact same issues at the same exact portion on the program. It crashed when I finished Scotland, but when I reentered the game, it went to Egypt. At the end of Egypt, I can't get to the next hotel. I have checked my video card driver, flash, shockwave, and one other thing that was suggested on the help pages. I plan on waiting to reinstall the game until bigfish comes up with a solution. Please let me know if there is anything else that I missed.

[Post New]by kakenator on Nov 26, 10 7:43 PM
I am not sure what is wrong, but I am not getting my loyalty points so I can't hardly ever upgrade.

[Post New]by JoeReaves on Nov 26, 10 9:43 PM
Error: Access Violation at 0x004C69FA (tried to read 0x0000000000), program terminated

I get this error and it crashes every single time I get an expert score. I've played level one four times and got expert twice and both times it crashed but was fine when I got normal scores. I then got normal scores on the next two levels and it was fine, redid the third level, got an expert score and bam, same error message.

goeash
Koi
Koi
83,226 Posts

[Post New]by goeash on Nov 27, 10 12:40 PM
I have enjoyed the other Jane's Hotel games, but will not be buying this one. My rooms refuse to stay upgraded, and I have had people freezing. Maybe if these problems are sorted I will reconsider.

[Post New]by escence101 on Nov 28, 10 1:52 PM
I am having a issue i can only go to day ten in scottland thedn my maid keeps freezing and the buttonf to click for the vaccum keeps blinking and the maid wont come out to vaccum the rooms thus for i end up loosing the level and cant go any further i have uninstalled the game and reinstalled it and closed and restarted the game and rebooted my computer and still no help any suggestions ?

njewer
Guppy
Guppy
129 Posts

[Post New]by njewer on Nov 28, 10 3:57 PM
Game seem to play okay for me but it is impossible to get expert on level two - I enjoy Jane games and like to play for the expert ranking so will not be buying this unless this level is fixed.

Sandra1940
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by Sandra1940 on Dec 2, 10 9:15 PM
I cannot completely get rid of my name to put another name in.

Jae27
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
3 Posts

[Post New]by Jae27 on Dec 3, 10 6:36 PM
escence101 wrote:I am having a issue i can only go to day ten in scottland thedn my maid keeps freezing and the buttonf to click for the vaccum keeps blinking and the maid wont come out to vaccum the rooms thus for i end up loosing the level and cant go any further i have uninstalled the game and reinstalled it and closed and restarted the game and rebooted my computer and still no help any suggestions ?

Same here. Can I get a refund? At least until this is fixed.

[Post New]by kmsim15 on Dec 9, 10 11:45 AM
escence101 wrote:
I am having a issue i can only go to day ten in scottland thedn my maid keeps freezing and the buttonf to click for the vaccum keeps blinking and the maid wont come out to vaccum the rooms thus for i end up loosing the level and cant go any further i have uninstalled the game and reinstalled it and closed and restarted the game and rebooted my computer and still no help any suggestions ?

I am having the same problem too, has anyone gotten an answer on how to fix this problem?

bfgDonau
Flounder
Flounder
2,464 Posts

[Post New]by bfgDonau on Dec 9, 10 12:31 PM
Hi everyone,

If you're having trouble with the game crashing I'd recommend checking out the following help article:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

For issues with access violations, this article may come in handy:

Access Violation

If you continue to have any trouble, please contact Customer Support. Just let them know what you're experiencing and which steps you've already tried and they'll be happy to help further. Customer Support can be reached by clicking on the green envelope on the right-hand side of this page and then on the "Contact Us" section on the bottom left of the next page. Once you've entered your question and clicked to "Check for Answers," you'll be led to our Help pages. If these haven't helped, your question can be submitted from here.

If you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can also connect to one of our Live Chat representatives from 9:30am-4:30pm PST Monday-Friday. To get started, just visit your “My Game Club" page.

Hope this helps!

-bfgDonau

[Post New]by gametoomuch on Dec 28, 10 2:10 PM
BigFish how can we submit an issue directly to the game publisher? Level 2 of scottland does not allow you to reach expert level. It is impossible. This also prevents you from completeing the builing of the mansion.

How can I submit a request they fix this and publish an update?

[Post New]by Sunflowerllg on Dec 31, 10 2:28 PM
I am havin the same issue with Scotland Day 2. I have reached expert on every level except that one. The total score to reach expert is ilke 530 which is impossible with only 4 guests. Can anyone check with the publisher of this game to get corrected???

ZoeCan
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by ZoeCan on Jan 2, 11 9:23 AM
Gamers have been requesting a fix on this for weeks - who knows why they have not issued an update. Pretty disappointing.

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Feb 22, 11 2:27 PM
Hello everyone,

There is a new build now available that addresses the complaints about the high difficulty level on getting an expert score.

To get this version, please uninstall and reinstall this game. Thank you!

-bfgArnoStyx

[Post New]by kbossler on Jun 4, 11 1:29 PM
Scrapinator wrote:Same for me. I got through to the Egypt hotel, day 2 and it crashed and I had to start all the way back at the first day. It had crashed several times before that point.

vibtek
Clownfish
Clownfish
539 Posts

[Post New]by vibtek on Jun 4, 11 4:47 PM
game freezes. the sailor stood at the door and wouldn't move. door kept opening and shutting.

[Post New]by jenlee21 on Jul 23, 11 7:11 AM
Iam having the same problem with error msg . Its so annoying as i ave bought the game.An cant play it properly .plz help .Or give refund thanks

Go to: