Toy Store – Basement

bfgErie
Catfish
Catfish
1,538 Posts

Toy Store – Basement

[Post New]by bfgErie on Nov 26, 08 12:29 AM
A teddy bear in chains begs for a closer inspection.
To discover his secret will require teddy bear dissection.

Dara6028
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

Re:Toy Store – Basement

[Post New]by Dara6028 on Nov 26, 08 8:20 AM
Can ANYONE help me with making the phone connection? I am TOTALLY stuck!

Also, I have beat the "Whack a Whatever" thing a few times and am supposed to get a coin (I think) ...but nothing so far. What am I doing wrong??

Edited on 11/26/2008 at 9:38:19 AM PST

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on Nov 26, 08 9:57 AM
Dara6028 wrote:Can ANYONE help me with making the phone connection? I am TOTALLY stuck!

Also, I have beat the "Whack a Whatever" thing a few times and am supposed to get a coin (I think) ...but nothing so far. What am I doing wrong??

On the Whack a Troll- DO NOT hit the red ones- they deduct points from your total.

On the phone connnection, you have to make a continuous chain of lights

Dara6028
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by Dara6028 on Nov 26, 08 10:34 AM
prpldva wrote:
Dara6028 wrote:Can ANYONE help me with making the phone connection? I am TOTALLY stuck!

On the Whack a Troll- DO NOT hit the red ones- they deduct points from your total.

On the phone connnection, you have to make a continuous chain of lights

On the "Whack-A-Troll", I have gotten over 100 points a few times and have not received anything for winning, Am I supposed to??

Also, I understand WHAT I am supposed to do to get the telephone connection, but after nearly 2 hours at it, I can't get it. I have gotten all but 1 light a few times ... but can't get them all to light!

Dara6028
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by Dara6028 on Nov 26, 08 11:41 AM
westausgirl wrote:I am having the same trouble with the lights. Could someone please give a diagram showing what order to do the lights in.

Amen, sister!! This stupid phone connection puzzle is TOTALLY ruining the game experience for me ...

[Post New]by Maya87 on Nov 26, 08 11:57 AM
The lights for the telephone you start with the by the light that says "out", then you go to the one that turns 2 lights on. After a few tries I was able to completed. Keep in mind that you have to trace a single path, follow the cables not the lights, and you cannot go back.

Dara6028
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by Dara6028 on Nov 26, 08 12:16 PM
Kzlyh wrote:Solution for "single path" lights

SPOILER:Up-right, left, left, down-left, left, rith, right, down, down, up-left, right, right, down, down, right, up, left, down-right, down, up-left, right, left, down, left, right, up-right, up, left, down, left

Thank you sooooooooooooooooooooooo much!!!

Edited on 11/26/2008 at 12:44:43 PM PST

[Post New]by westausgirl on Nov 26, 08 12:50 PM
where is the solution

cesse47
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
25,099 Posts

[Post New]by cesse47 on Nov 26, 08 12:56 PM
westausgirl wrote:where is the solution
Look at the post by Kzlyh. Click your cursor after the word spoiler and drag it to bottom. It will highlight hidden text that gives the solution she had for her puzzle. Good Luck

Debala715
Guppy
Guppy
151 Posts

[Post New]by Debala715 on Nov 26, 08 2:20 PM
I'm having trouble with the whack a troll mini game. My cursor won't turn to a hand in order to get points for whacking the troll! Is anyone else having problems with this?

Man, I'm glad I'm not hosting dinner tomorrow. They'd all be SOL!

[Post New]by swenrich1984 on Nov 26, 08 2:22 PM
Thank You Thank you for the phone connection solution. REALLY REALLY thank you

[Post New]by sld1812 on Nov 26, 08 2:51 PM
I still can't work out the phone box - can someone give me a screenshot with the path?

[Post New]by thebury on Nov 26, 08 4:34 PM
I'm with sld1812. I get to the 20th move from Kzlyh that says "right", but there are no lights to the right. I really liked this game until I got here!!! Not so much anymore.

[Post New]by thebury on Nov 26, 08 5:30 PM
Thanks so much, Lizzie!!!! Finally!!

[Post New]by meachamclass on Nov 26, 08 6:11 PM
Thanks Lizzie! That was so helpful!

LadyBlue0321
Minnow
Minnow
217 Posts

[Post New]by LadyBlue0321 on Nov 26, 08 8:02 PM
Thanks again, Lizziek for solving the lights. Now, what to do with poor ole teddy? How do I get whatever's in him, out?

burdi
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
6 Posts

[Post New]by burdi on Nov 26, 08 8:46 PM
Ok am I the only dimwit who is having trouble with the stove??? what is up with that???? I am guessing must have all burners lit but can not get it to stop where it should????

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on Nov 26, 08 8:52 PM
burdi wrote:Ok am I the only dimwit who is having trouble with the stove??? what is up with that???? I am guessing must have all burners lit but can not get it to stop where it should????

Hi Burdi- Welcome to the forums!

Go look at the lower left corner of the storm cellar door, next to the school house. Set the stove to that temperature and note the pattern. Use that pattern on the cellar door

lineck
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,140 Posts

[Post New]by lineck on Nov 26, 08 10:18 PM
I cannot get the it to change as it keeps saying handle too hot but I have nothing to use to cool it and I get funny cheeky remarks when I try the rag, which I would use at home. What am I missing I feel that dumb someone finished it in 4hours gosh I am now 12hours and only half way.

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on Nov 26, 08 10:20 PM
lineck wrote:I cannot get the it to change as it keeps saying handle too hot but I have nothing to use to cool it and I get funny cheeky remarks when I try the rag, which I would use at home. What am I missing I feel that dumb someone finished it in 4hours gosh I am now 12hours and only half way.

You need the pot holder. It's found in the gingerbread house at the tea party hidden object area.

Go to: