bfgImbrium
Manatee
Manatee
4,236 Posts

The Mac version of Mystery Case Files ®: 13th Skull ™ Collector's Edition is here!

[Post New]by bfgImbrium on Nov 24, 10 2:56 AM
If you would like to check it out , you can go to the game page here. The game play will be the same across both PC and Mac platforms so you can use this forum to ask questions, share tips, and connect with other Mystery Case Files ®: 13th Skull ™ Collector's Edition players.

If you need further technical assistance for your Mac game, we recommend contacting tech support through our Webform, or if you're a Game Club Member, by connecting to Live Chat. To find answers online, you can take a glance at the Mac Game Errors help article..

If you have questions about how to use the forums, please click the FAQ link to the right of this page.

Happy Gaming!

bfgImbrium

Rainbow722
Flounder
Flounder
2,404 Posts

Re:The Mac version of Mystery Case Files ®: 13th Skull ™ Collector's Edition is here!

[Post New]by Rainbow722 on Nov 24, 10 5:35 AM
Thank You Big Fish!
Thank you for showing us that you value your Mac users by releasing this game at the same time as the pc version!

lilitu93
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
471 Posts

Re:The Mac version of Mystery Case Files ®: 13th Skull ™ Collector's Edition is here!

[Post New]by lilitu93 on Nov 24, 10 12:53 PM
Thanks for releasing this the same day. As a Mac user, I really appreciate it. Shame I can't buy it until you get the prices sorted out for non-US users. I'm not willing to pay more just because I live outside the US, especially as I always pay in dollars anyway.

shorenuf
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,281 Posts

[Post New]by shorenuf on Nov 24, 10 5:57 PM
I am told my 24" inch iMac should play in "widescreen", but it doesn't no matter which resolution I choose. (I'm told the highest one (1920 x 1200) should work. So -- anyone else -- did it work or not for you? Thanks!

RyeMcLaughlin
Stingray
Stingray
4,659 Posts

[Post New]by RyeMcLaughlin on Nov 24, 10 7:33 PM
I have a 21" iMac, less than a year old. Widescreen does not work for me. My highest resolution is 1920 x 1080. I guess that's not enough. Also, custom cursor doesn't work.

vingilot
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,175 Posts

[Post New]by vingilot on Nov 24, 10 7:52 PM
I rarely get the widescreen to work on my MacBook. I don't even bother anymore. I think only a couple of games actually work in widescreen. *shrug*

Anyway, thank you BFG for the dual release!

Edit: Ok, so I tried changing the resolutions and got the widescreen to work on 1024 x 768 (stretched). Do you have that setting, Rainbow?

Edited on 11/24/2010 at 9:35:15 PM PST

Rainbow722
Flounder
Flounder
2,404 Posts

[Post New]by Rainbow722 on Nov 25, 10 7:45 PM
HI

Yes, vingilot I have my resolution set at 1024 x 768 (stretched) to get the game across the whole screen on my macbook. And you don't need to click the widescreen button then. No matter what resolution I use it says. In fact, I tried almost every resolution available to me and the options in the game told me that widescreen was not available for my resolution!

Rye and Shorenuf you may need to lower your resolution if you want the game to stretch across your monitor. A lot of games don't take well to higher resolutions! Yes, dumb I know--you get a computer with great resolution and game developers haven't "caught up" with it yet, even though widescreen monitors have been our a while. Same on pc as mac there!

pgillenw
Minnow
Minnow
236 Posts

[Post New]by pgillenw on Jan 18, 11 4:28 PM
Fabulous! Fabulous!!

Just played this epic on the MAC. I was thrilled at how seamlessly the video was incorporated. This gamer felt as though she was interacting with the characters. Great touch to both hand an object to the player and as well receive an object by utilizing the video clip. Good work.

I found this game to have utilized a method of encapsulating objectives which has the outcome of limiting the trouble the gamer can get themselves in to.

The characters played their roles superbly. Exceptional for a hidden object game. Real people performing the roles of local Louisianians. Cooter was my favorite -- he played a clueless good old boy and did so with out an ounce of shame.

The squeamish may find some scenes YUK! However if one can go with the flow and set back and enjoy the superb graphics, sound effects, role playing and read a good journal I am convinced you will enjoy.

By-the-way with just a smidgen of imagination the gamer could allow themselves to not only smell the rot but to feel the mosquitoes bite. I am not sure I will enjoy Jambalaya or Gumbo as much as I use to.

My hat is off to the creative work of the development team.

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Mar 1, 11 3:19 PM
Hello everyone,

There is a Game Manager update now available that should fix any issues our Mac customers are having with installing this game.

To make sure you have the latest update, please uninstall and reinstall this game. If you have any further questions, please get in touch with Tech Support. Thank you!

-bfgArnoStyx

[Post New]by goodcandy on Feb 12, 12 11:50 PM
My hat is off to the creative work of the development team.

[Post New]by katie1111 on Mar 19, 13 4:05 PM
could some one help me with HOW DO I GET THREW THE CANNONS, I am getting close to the end and I can not for the life of me figure out how to do the cannons in the swamp HELP. Thanks

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Mar 19, 13 9:05 PM
katie1111 wrote:could some one help me with HOW DO I GET THREW THE CANNONS, I am getting close to the end and I can not for the life of me figure out how to do the cannons in the swamp HELP. Thanks

Hi katie1111! Welcome to the forum!
Please check out the thread "Cannons in swamp" explanations compiled here. It is on the first page of this forum marked with a yellow sticky note. You should find some great explanations on how to solve this puzzle there. Start on page one of the thread. Good luck!

[Post New]by niccnicc on Mar 25, 13 4:44 PM
I have purchased this game on disc and downloaded the collector's edition through the Big Fish website for my Macbook. No matter what resolution I choose, I always have sound, but no picture. I just bought this laptop so I'm pretty sure it could be the game. I updated the Game Manager, uninstalled, and reinstalled the game like it said, but still NOTHING! COULD SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME?!

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Mar 26, 13 11:52 AM
Hi niccnicc and welcome to the Pond!

I'm sorry you're having such trouble with this game. I think it would be best for you to get in touch with our Mac Support Team so they can take a look at what's going on and work with you directly to get everything straightened out.

You can contact them by clicking here to submit a support ticket via email. If you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can also connect to Live Chat Support Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm PST.

Thank you!

bfgMonongahela

Mac Updates

[Post New]by morrkate on Feb 13, 14 9:45 AM
Any chance that this game will ever become usable for those of us who have updated our Mac software over the past few years? I'm currently running OS X Mavericks 10.9 and this game hasn't worked since I updated to Lion even before Mavericks. Are the developers going to make the game playable to keep with the times...?

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

Mac Updates

[Post New]by WilJul on Feb 16, 14 9:58 PM
morrkate wrote:Any chance that this game will ever become usable for those of us who have updated our Mac software over the past few years? I'm currently running OS X Mavericks 10.9 and this game hasn't worked since I updated to Lion even before Mavericks. Are the developers going to make the game playable to keep with the times...?
I wish, morrkate, but I doubt it. That would mean they would have to update it every time Mac released a new OS and I seriously doubt it's worth it for them. We are just SOL.

PS Welcome to the forum!

Edited on 02/16/2014 at 9:59:03 PM PST

[Post New]by ncgameer on Mar 19, 14 7:02 PM
Hi niccnicc,

Did you get a resolution from tech support? I'm having the same problem w/the demo version and I was wondering if they provided a fix for you?

I see other folks are having problems running under Maverick. I'm running under that too so I wonder if that's the real issue.

Thanks!

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Mar 21, 14 4:00 AM
ncgameer wrote:Hi niccnicc,

Did you get a resolution from tech support? I'm having the same problem w/the demo version and I was wondering if they provided a fix for you?

I see other folks are having problems running under Maverick. I'm running under that too so I wonder if that's the real issue.

Thanks!
That is indeed the issue. This game is old and configured to operate with only OS 10.4! I haven't been able to play it in a long time! You can see my post right above yours!

Go to: