Torches and 3 Doors

bfgErie
Catfish
Catfish
1,538 Posts

Torches and 3 Doors

[Post New]by bfgErie on Nov 26, 08 12:36 AM
When you first arrive, where to start is the first riddle.
Sometimes it's best just to start in the middle.

DoobieBear
Flounder
Flounder
2,169 Posts

Re:Torches and 3 Doors

[Post New]by DoobieBear on Nov 26, 08 3:03 AM
The middle door puzzle has me totally bumfuzzled. I know I'm supposed to put numbers in the different colored spaces with the keys on the right, but what is the equation for each that I'm looking for? I even purchased the strategy guide and it's no help on this puzzle.

I don't want the actual numbers I'm supposed to input........I just want to know what the heck I'm supposed to be adding and subtracting. Must be lack of sleep............sleep will help with math.

DoobieBear
Flounder
Flounder
2,169 Posts

[Post New]by DoobieBear on Nov 26, 08 3:59 AM
Thank you so much, Cesse! I had fiddled around with the buttons earlier, but it didn't sink into my poor sleep-deprived brain that the numbers being shown were actually the correct ones. DUH!!

The next road-block I encounter I'm just going to go to bed and worry about it when I wake up.

cesse47
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
25,099 Posts

[Post New]by cesse47 on Nov 26, 08 4:14 AM
I hear that ... I think I'm about ready for a nap myself. Needed to take a short break and I'm debating whether to grab a little sleep or go back and play. Hummmmmm

peutetre
Clownfish
Clownfish
883 Posts

[Post New]by peutetre on Nov 26, 08 6:52 AM
So I figured out to add/subtract, input numbers, blah, blah, but it got me nowhere . . . Once the numbers are in, what am I supposed to do????

manndiee
Stingray
Stingray
5,395 Posts

[Post New]by manndiee on Nov 26, 08 7:29 AM
I'm as far as peutetre, and can't seem to figure out what to do once you input the numbers. Any hint is greatly appreciated.

Nevermind!!! *bonks head on desk* it was so obvious I missed in entirely. LOL Now I'm stuck elsewhere

Edited on 11/26/2008 at 7:57:59 AM PST

peutetre
Clownfish
Clownfish
883 Posts

[Post New]by peutetre on Nov 26, 08 7:52 AM
I tried it again, did the exact same thing and it worked. Go figure. Not to worry, though, I got through a couple more rooms and got stuck again

stacyb30
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by stacyb30 on Nov 26, 08 8:19 AM
I am totally stuck and can't get anywhere. I can't find the toy store or the twins' house. At the torches and 3 doors what do I type on the typewriter? I'm about to give up.

lineck
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,140 Posts

[Post New]by lineck on Nov 26, 08 9:30 AM
I have got through the middle door and finaly found the red ball for the door to get into the Toy but cannot work out the the puzzle with the three colors, and as far as the other door, where can I find the other missing letters I have only found two so far so I am truly stuck, and no where else to look, does anyone know if a cheat walkthrough is out yet, I will have to get it as I hate missing the puzzles, but Boy they are brain draining. and ofcourse no housework again it is now 3.25am here in Australia, I will be too tired to do anything and cant say it was because I was stuck on a game. .

Grrrr

Debala715
Guppy
Guppy
151 Posts

[Post New]by Debala715 on Nov 26, 08 10:11 AM
cesse47 wrote:If you fiddle around, you'll see numbers appearing in the boxes. They are the right numbers. There are lights above each equation. There is a dial that is color coded to match the lights and there are separate boxes for each light.
...Figure out the numbers for the top two boxes...then add them together. Take the answer and turn the dial to that color code and input using the keys. Repeat for each color coded equation.
...good Luck

I'm sorry, this is making no sense to me at all. I've got to step away from this game, because this puzzle has me totally puzzled! I can't figure out what I'm suppose to do at all, and no offense cesse, but you're hint baffled me more than the puzzle. I'm thinking I need more than luck to figure this one out. LOL

dtouchton
Manatee
Manatee
4,156 Posts

[Post New]by dtouchton on Nov 26, 08 10:49 AM
I did the numbers and pressed the switch to turn it off and nothing else happened. What are the letters for on the right?

Lorifish
Guppy
Guppy
163 Posts

[Post New]by Lorifish on Nov 26, 08 11:03 AM
stacyb30 wrote:I am totally stuck and can't get anywhere. I can't find the toy store or the twins' house. At the torches and 3 doors what do I type on the typewriter? I'm about to give up.

My sentiments exactly... can anyone help?

dtouchton
Manatee
Manatee
4,156 Posts

[Post New]by dtouchton on Nov 26, 08 11:31 AM
I figured it out!

Debala715
Guppy
Guppy
151 Posts

[Post New]by Debala715 on Nov 26, 08 11:38 AM
Never figured out how to open that middle door, even with instructions from people over on Gamezebo.
Ended up skipping this puzzle, otherwise I would have never moved from there.

cesse47
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
25,099 Posts

[Post New]by cesse47 on Nov 26, 08 11:57 AM
Debala715 wrote:
cesse47 wrote:If you fiddle around, you'll see numbers appearing in the boxes. They are the right numbers. There are lights above each equation. There is a dial that is color coded to match the lights and there are separate boxes for each light.
...Figure out the numbers for the top two boxes...then add them together. Take the answer and turn the dial to that color code and input using the keys. Repeat for each color coded equation.
...good Luck

I'm sorry, this is making no sense to me at all. I've got to step away from this game, because this puzzle has me totally puzzled! I can't figure out what I'm suppose to do at all, and no offense cesse, but you're hint baffled me more than the puzzle. I'm thinking I need more than luck to figure this one out. LOL

Debala, sorry I confused you more. I'll give you specifics for the first equation. The top two boxes are red...the number in the left box is 39, the number in the right box is 9. Dial to red. The equation is 39 + 9 ..so the answer is 48. type 48...it will appear in the separate box for the red dot.
....using the numbers that appear in the other boxes, figure out the equations, dial the color, type the answer.
...Hope that helps. Good Luck
...when all are correct, the puzzle is solved.

Lorifish
Guppy
Guppy
163 Posts

[Post New]by Lorifish on Nov 26, 08 12:03 PM
Can anyone help with the typewriter? I am seriously stuck. Thanks.

dtouchton
Manatee
Manatee
4,156 Posts

[Post New]by dtouchton on Nov 26, 08 12:07 PM
Cesse, I figured mine out but were the numbers you were using examples? Because the numbers change once you leave.

[Post New]by TimeladyShayde on Nov 26, 08 12:13 PM
Stuck on the marble door. What am I supposed to do here?

cesse47
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
25,099 Posts

[Post New]by cesse47 on Nov 26, 08 12:26 PM
dtouchton wrote:Cesse, I figured mine out but were the numbers you were using examples? Because the numbers change once you leave.
Dtouchton, those were the numbers in my puzzle. I left the puzzle a couple of times and they always remained the same. Don't know if it's random generated but if your's were different, I'd assume so.

cesse47
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
25,099 Posts

[Post New]by cesse47 on Nov 26, 08 12:28 PM
TimeladyShayde wrote:Stuck on the marble door. What am I supposed to do here?
Once I added the 4 red marbles, I had 3 blue marbles on top, 4 red in middle, and 3 yellow on bottom. To solve it, I had to move the marbles so there were 3 yellow on top, 4 red in middle, and 3 blue on bottom.
...Good Luck.

Go to: