MargieB
Salmon
Salmon
2,656 Posts

Walkthrough available for Mystery Case Files: 13th Skull Collector's Edition!

[Post New]by MargieB on Nov 24, 10 11:39 AM
Hello Fishies,

Just wanted to let you know that the walkthrough for MCF: 13th Skull is now posted on the Big Fish Games Blog!

You can access it here!

Mystery Case Files: 13th Skull Collector's Edition Walkthrough

There have been a couple of updates that may take a few hours to appear but other than that the walkthrough is live!

Thanks for your patience

MargieB

Edited on 08/18/2011 at 11:56:17 AM PST

Bexa
Starfish
Starfish
55 Posts

Re:Walkthrough for Mystery Case Files: 13th Skull Collector's Edition is posted on the blog!

[Post New]by Bexa on Nov 24, 10 11:44 AM
Thanks so much, Margie!

I just want to know how the devs got into my house to take the picture for the fridge ****! I thought it was just a coincidence until I saw the medicine cabinet an then I was SURE they have been in my house for ideas!

If there is a "dog hair dust bunny" hunt later in the game, I'm going to file a lawsuit!

Bexa
Starfish
Starfish
55 Posts

Re:Walkthrough for Mystery Case Files: 13th Skull Collector's Edition is posted on the blog!

[Post New]by Bexa on Nov 24, 10 11:46 AM
Heh! The site "starred out" my abbreviation for Hidden Object! I guess the letters "aitch" and "oh" are obscene!

MargieB
Salmon
Salmon
2,656 Posts

[Post New]by MargieB on Nov 24, 10 12:00 PM

I was wondering who that fridge belonged to...now I know

MargieB

bfgArnoStyx
5,877 Posts

Re:Walkthrough available for Mystery Case Files: 13th Skull Collector's Edition!

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Nov 24, 10 12:03 PM
Hi Fishies,

Just popping in to sticky this thread and to make the link active. Thanks and happy gaming!

-bfgArnoStyx

Lady_Cav
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,337 Posts

[Post New]by Lady_Cav on Nov 24, 10 12:04 PM
Thank you, MargieB!

I managed to get past the one spot where I was stuck before I saw this posted, but it's nice to know that the walkthrough is there if I need it later. Your walkthroughs are always the best! Can't imagine how labor intensive it is to create them!

MargieB
Salmon
Salmon
2,656 Posts

Re:Walkthrough available for Mystery Case Files: 13th Skull Collector's Edition!

[Post New]by MargieB on Nov 24, 10 12:08 PM
bfgArnoStyx wrote:Hi Fishies,

Just popping in to sticky this thread and to make the link active. Thanks and happy gaming!

-bfgArnoStyx

Thanks bfgArnoStyx!

Lady_Cav, thanks for the kind words. Walkthroughs are a lot of work but writing for a game that you love makes it easier

Take care

MargieB

geri_mac
Minnow
Minnow
213 Posts

[Post New]by geri_mac on Nov 24, 10 12:45 PM
thank you Margie I must admit Im not finding the strategy guide much help, Im the type that need it spelled out for me and your walkthroughs do it so well, so many thanks for this one and all the others in the past that you have taken the time to do.

lauder
Herring
Herring
356 Posts

[Post New]by lauder on Nov 24, 10 3:16 PM
Thank you very much margie B for walk through. I really needed it. Lauder

MargieB
Salmon
Salmon
2,656 Posts

[Post New]by MargieB on Nov 24, 10 5:30 PM

Thanks geri_mac and Lauder!!

Enjoy the rest of the game!

MargieB

suddensam
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by suddensam on Nov 24, 10 7:27 PM
It says there is a built in smart guide, isn't that supposed to be like a strategy guide? I like the Collector's editions because the strategy guide is built in and you don't have to come scroll through the walk throughs, although for games that don't have strategy guides, your walk throughs are marvelous, but I was under the impression that the smart guide would help me through the game, but I can't seem to find it. Does anyone know where it is in the game? I have looked under everything. Great game so far BF. I'm just a bit stuck on finding the last crayon lol.and finding the smart guide

Faylyn
Minnow
Minnow
253 Posts

[Post New]by Faylyn on Nov 24, 10 9:02 PM
suddensam wrote:It says there is a built in smart guide, isn't that supposed to be like a strategy guide? I like the Collector's editions because the strategy guide is built in and you don't have to come scroll through the walk throughs, although for games that don't have strategy guides, your walk throughs are marvelous, but I was under the impression that the smart guide would help me through the game, but I can't seem to find it. Does anyone know where it is in the game? I have looked under everything. Great game so far BF. I'm just a bit stuck on finding the last crayon lol.and finding the smart guide

Updated: No longer having a problem. Found the den

I'm having the exact same problem as suddensam. Can't find the "Smart Guide" or the last crayon because I can't find the den. Where is the "Smart Guide" located?

Edited on 11/24/2010 at 10:07:30 PM PST

[Post New]by BitBucketdva on Nov 24, 10 10:36 PM
Faylyn wrote:I'm having the exact same problem as suddensam. Can't find the "Smart Guide" or the last crayon because I can't find the den. Where is the "Smart Guide" located?

It's the book that's in the extreme left of your Inventory.
Yeah, I didn't realize that's what that was either until I was half-way through the game.

Edited on 11/24/2010 at 10:37:28 PM PST

bombaa27
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,421 Posts

[Post New]by bombaa27 on Nov 25, 10 7:59 AM
Margie B.

This was not a wee game and you still managed to get out a walkthrough in record time! I have never thanked you before but often have to peek at your walkthroughs, I am sure I will have to peek a few times for this one!
So thank you for this and all of the other walkthroughs you put out!
Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!!!

Vallarina
Guppy
Guppy
111 Posts

[Post New]by Vallarina on Nov 25, 10 9:50 AM
Thanks for the walk through, good job! I want to know what the golden crown insignias look like so I can hunt for them. Is this a possible request?
Thanks, Vallarina

[Post New]by Coronagold on Nov 25, 10 10:45 AM
The only crown insignia I saw was the faded black one on the outdoor fountain, and that one doesn't count. I too got 0 insignias collected in the whole game. 18 out of 20 cards.

[Post New]by tia12345 on Nov 25, 10 10:52 AM
Thank you for the walkthrough. Love this game, but I can't find out how to open the trap door (went through the walkthrough, and couldn't find it). I can't pick up the goblets until I open the trap door. HELP --- thanks to anyone who can help me.

[Post New]by harvestgroup on Nov 25, 10 10:53 AM
Can someone please tell me what I need to do to get the fax machine to spit out the birthdate for the coffin puzzle. The fax hasn't had a sheet of paper on it. Do I need to do something to get it to work? I've visited the strategy guide and the walkthrough but can't find the answer. Please help!

MargieB
Salmon
Salmon
2,656 Posts

[Post New]by MargieB on Nov 25, 10 10:59 AM
harvestgroup wrote:Can someone please tell me what I need to do to get the fax machine to spit out the birthdate for the coffin puzzle. The fax hasn't had a sheet of paper on it. Do I need to do something to get it to work? I've visited the strategy guide and the walkthrough but can't find the answer. Please help!

You have to talk to Vinton (The librarian) at the Tavern for a SECOND time and then you'll receive the fax.

Good Luck

MargieB

[Post New]by January141982 on Nov 25, 10 10:59 AM
I am having this same problem. Usually when I can't 'do' and objective, it means that there is something that I haven't done yet? I have scoured the walk through, but can't figure out what I may have missed doing?
Any help out there?
thx

tia12345 wrote:Thank you for the walkthrough. Love this game, but I can't find out how to open the trap door (went through the walkthrough, and couldn't find it). I can't pick up the goblets until I open the trap door. HELP --- thanks to anyone who can help me.

Go to: