bfgErie
Catfish
Catfish
1,538 Posts

Mystery Case Files: Return to Ravenhearst ™ - What did you think?

[Post New]by bfgErie on Nov 26, 08 12:44 AM
I'm just creating this thread so folks can use it to post their comments about the game. What did you love? What didn't you love? Other users would love to hear your comments and we would too!

Be sure to only post comments about the game here. If you have a question about a puzzle in a particular location, please find the thread for that location and post your question there. Remember, each location in Mystery Case Files: Return to Ravenhearst has its own individual discussion thread in this forum.

Happy Gaming!

Edited on 06/16/2009 at 11:24:06 AM PST

gadget56
Herring
Herring
394 Posts

Re:Mystery Case Files: Return to Ravenhearst ™ - What did you think?

[Post New]by gadget56 on Nov 26, 08 12:48 AM
Hey guys, this is the greatest game ever!!!! What you guys do is fab!!!

tomsk
Squid
Squid
74 Posts

[Post New]by tomsk on Nov 26, 08 2:45 AM
Return to Ravenhearst, please let this be enjoyed also as a Mac game. Mystery Case Files are the very best games ever, ever, please let us enjoy this one, as we have enjoyed all the others.........

picman050967
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,226 Posts

[Post New]by picman050967 on Nov 26, 08 2:46 AM
Mac...it will be, but has to be ported.

scotcat
Flounder
Flounder
2,349 Posts

[Post New]by scotcat on Nov 26, 08 2:58 AM
Oops, just saw this thread pop up after I finished my thread. My thoughts so far are in "I played the demo and........"

I was way more excited after playing Madame Fate for the first time then I am right now. I'll get back to you when I'm not as cranky as a tired two year old with a bad cold. I'm not so much into large file adventure type games, but I am sure I will have fun with this game.

Here is what I wrote after just playing the demo.........

I didn't know this was going to be more like a large adventure file game then a HO game. I am horrible at LF games. I am still outside the Manor wondering around like a fool.... well, I did make it into the kitchen. I did accomplish some tasks, but I am exhausted from going from scene to scene every few minutes. That's not so much fun.

The game ran Ok on my computer so far, but I am surprised that the picture quality/graphics are just Ok. Some HO items I needed a hint for because I couldn't see them because of the picture quality. I think Dr. Lynch has the best picture quality of any game that I've played so far. I could even find the tiny items in that game.

The hint timer thingy could fill up a tad faster.

I'm sure I will get a chuckle out of it when I am not so tired, sick and cranky, but right now I wasn't that amused with the insults when I did something wrong. I guess I need some rest and start playing the game when I feel better and have a lot of free time (hahahaa) since I can see this will take me a while to get through.

I usually don't play LF games so I am not sure about replay value. Once I figure out all the tasks, it will take me a good 6 months to forget what to do so I can play the game again. I'm not sure I will play it as much as the other MCF or Hidden Expedition games.

I am going to buy the game, get some rest and start over from scratch and see how I feel then. I bet Ednamoles is in 7th Heaven!

PS...... I had to use a CROWBAR already in the first hour. (I guess that's an inside joke for those that are new to the forums)

Edited on 11/26/2008 at 3:35:27 AM PST

anki6969
Minnow
Minnow
242 Posts

[Post New]by anki6969 on Nov 26, 08 3:21 AM
I just wanna say THANK YOU guys for this game!!!
It´s so well made! You have putten so much effort in making it.
The graphics, the music, the sound,the funny remarks (and some a little not so funny ).
It´s hard, I´ve been stuck a few times but I LOVE it!!!!!!!
Once again a big thank you!

dreamlass
Lobster
Lobster
89 Posts

[Post New]by dreamlass on Nov 26, 08 3:34 AM
i have just downloaded the demo and there was a corrupt file with it has anyone else had the same trouble i was just so busting to play the game i had to close off Help frustrated player

dogzy
Minnow
Minnow
293 Posts

[Post New]by dogzy on Nov 26, 08 3:41 AM
I love the remarks when you try something that doesn't work ie I tried the brick on a nail & got told " some people try therapy"
another "
you're out of your mind. i'm clicking thiongs onto others just to get insulted hahahahaha

xoxJulie
Stingray
Stingray
4,592 Posts

[Post New]by xoxJulie on Nov 26, 08 3:53 AM
picman050967 wrote:Mac...it will be, but has to be ported.

I haven't a clue as to what that means "ported" like opposite of deported ? If a game has to be ported before it can be played on a mac why didn't bf wait to release the game until after it was ported ? BF already makes mac players feel like we're illegals, now we have to be ported, well next thing you know bf will have us deported cause we won't give up using a mac. I do want to know what your mean by "ported", if I sound like sour grapes it cause of all the hype of a new game and then having the door slammed in your face, again.

Edited on 11/26/2008 at 4:01:41 AM PST

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on Nov 26, 08 4:43 AM
This game is phenomenal! I bet it wins Casual Game of the year!

Thank you Big Fish for such an outstanding job! i absolutely love it!

Scotcat- you had me crying already this morning! LOL
PS...... I had to use a CROWBAR already in the first hour. (I guess that's an inside joke for those that are new to the forums)

I about died when the game called me "clicky-pants" LMAO!

jobynana
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,017 Posts

[Post New]by jobynana on Nov 26, 08 5:04 AM
Yippeeeeee! Here I go!

Thanks BF

Edited on 11/26/2008 at 5:05:56 AM PST

samisgram
Lobster
Lobster
88 Posts

[Post New]by samisgram on Nov 26, 08 5:17 AM
MCF has done it again...I'm just starting and love it.

Toni

[Post New]by granic on Nov 26, 08 5:52 AM
Once again I'm having problems with MCF games. Finding the list of items at the front door - trying to click on note and nothing happens. Two notes mentioned on page 4 & 5 of the Case Files and can't collect either of them

[Post New]by sisone1951eaw on Nov 26, 08 5:53 AM
I did the 60 minutes demo and then went and used my game credit to buy and then the game started at the beginnng again not where I left off lost all my progress...has this happened to anyone else?? Did have a new set of HO's to find not the same as before so is replayable so far

[Post New]by FireMissiles on Nov 26, 08 6:00 AM
Just finished it (4hr 4min if anyone interested) and am very muchly impressed.

MCF just keeps pushing the benchmark for hidden object games, good job to all involved.

Now, when's the next one

F.

[Post New]by Cre8tivemom2002 on Nov 26, 08 6:42 AM
WOW firemissiles- finished in 4 hours! I would be disappointed if I finished it so quickly after all the wait.
I am taking my time and enjoy looking around at everything. Been playing for about an hour and a half and really like it. I did skip one puzzle (the spider one)because I was getting impatient with it. I was never any good at things like that where you have to think a couple steps ahead. I am the type to take the stickers off the rubik's cube. lol

Koalanut
Marlin
Marlin
8,777 Posts

[Post New]by Koalanut on Nov 26, 08 6:45 AM
I love it, I love it!!!!

It is sorta like an adventure cause you can wander around and do various things and hidden objects help in inventory. There is still the classic HOG part of it and NO timer!!!!! I think if you click too much, the cursor starts swirling around, but that is fine, that is my fault for clicking too much. There is a unlimited hint with a meter that runs a little slow, but I find things that I thought I couldn't find while waiting.

I love the graphics and the music. The little comments are great, puts some humor in it and balances the creepy feel. I love wandering around looking for the next puzzle or clue and the journel is great with help too. I really felt like I was there trying to solve this.

BFG, thanks for such a quality game, well worth the wait!

SolarEclipse
Minnow
Minnow
230 Posts

[Post New]by SolarEclipse on Nov 26, 08 6:51 AM
Another masterpiece!!!

Cre8tivemom2002 wrote:WOW firemissiles- finished in 4 hours! I would be disappointed if I finished it so quickly after all the wait.
I am taking my time and enjoy looking around at everything. Been playing for about an hour and a half and really like it. I did skip one puzzle (the spider one)because I was getting impatient with it. I was never any good at things like that where you have to think a couple steps ahead. I am the type to take the stickers off the rubik's cube. lol

I've been playing since about 1:30 AM PST and stopped at about 6:00 AM PST and I'm nowhere near finished. But I guess I'm on the slow side when it comes to the hidden object games. I haven't skipped any puzzles either.

Edited on 11/26/2008 at 6:55:00 AM PST

Louky
Starfish
Starfish
40 Posts

[Post New]by Louky on Nov 26, 08 7:01 AM
FANTASTIC GAME !!!!!

PapillonMom
Herring
Herring
387 Posts

[Post New]by PapillonMom on Nov 26, 08 7:03 AM
Lovin' it

Go to: