bfgOkeechobee
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,211 Posts

NEW MAC version available for Mystery Case Files: 13th Skull Collector's Edition - Nov. 24, 2010

[Post New]by bfgOkeechobee on Nov 24, 10 6:45 PM
We have a new version of Mystery Case Files ®: 13th Skull ™ Collector's Edition for Mac available now. This new version of the game fixes:

-Progression block at the goblet

We apologize greatly for the trouble and really appreciate your patience. If you had installation issues, please try downloading again from your Purchase History.

You can get the newest version by uninstalling and reinstalling your game. Here is a link to our help article for PC and Mac.

Uninstall / Reinstall a Game

*If you have not yet purchased the game, find the game and reinstall the trial version (when available) to play any remaining minutes.

If you have any problems, you can contact our Customer Support team for more assistance. Just click on the green envelope on the right to get to our Help pages, and if you still need assistance, click "Contact Us" to the left of the screen to submit a support ticket.

Edited on 12/06/2010 at 9:49:48 AM PST

vingilot
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,175 Posts

Re:NEW MAC version available for Mystery Case Files: 13th Skull Collector's Edition - November 2

[Post New]by vingilot on Nov 24, 10 7:55 PM
Is this why the other new build didn't work for me? I thought it was because I didn't empty trash. Oh well. Downloading again. Already at 14%!

Thanks Okee, and all the other who are working so hard on this game for us!! Happy Holidays!

Edit: It's working now!!! Squee!

Edited on 11/24/2010 at 9:16:44 PM PST

Re:NEW MAC version available for Mystery Case Files: 13th Skull Collector's Edition - November 24

[Post New]by StillCarynOn on Nov 25, 10 3:53 AM
I have not had any problems with my game so far but had downloaded the game early morning wed. I am in the swamp area so do I need to uninstall and install?

Thank you if anyone knows the answer!

swedane
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
494 Posts

Re:NEW MAC version available for Mystery Case Files: 13th Skull Collector's Edition - November

[Post New]by swedane on Nov 25, 10 5:29 AM
StillCarynOn wrote:I have not had any problems with my game so far but had downloaded the game early morning wed. I am in the swamp area so do I need to uninstall and install?

Thank you if anyone knows the answer!

SInce I downloaded my game later than you (late Wed afternoon). I'd suggest you upgrade yours also. You're safe until you have to preform a certain task deep inside the graveyard. I just now finished downloading the update and it works just fine. I wondered why I couldn't pick up those darn goblets, I was sure I'd missed something!! Grrrr Must have spent a good two hours going back and forth, double checking everything. I finally came here looking for answers, and indeed there was a problem.
If you use BF game manager, it tells you about the newly available update.
I didn't uninstall anything, I let game manage do its thing and it worked great. Hope it works for you too!!

Edited on 11/25/2010 at 5:44:54 AM PST

Re:NEW MAC version available for Mystery Case Files: 13th Skull Collector's Edition - November 24

[Post New]by StillCarynOn on Nov 25, 10 6:29 AM
tyvm swedane for replying. I was so excited that a Mac version was out so fast! lol
It's best to be one the safe side, i suppose, but do really enjoy this game, so it's not too bad.

swedane
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
494 Posts

Re:NEW MAC version available for Mystery Case Files: 13th Skull Collector's Edition - November 2

[Post New]by swedane on Nov 25, 10 1:46 PM
StillCarynOn wrote: tyvm swedane for replying. I was so excited that a Mac version was out so fast! lol
It's best to be one the safe side, i suppose, but do really enjoy this game, so it's not too bad.

I was pretty excited myself.... I guess there's enough of us Mac users to make it worth their while!

I am sooooo stuck, in the swamp, trying to make sense of the roman numerals atop of the canons.

Back to the swamp I go.

castellerin
Herring
Herring
347 Posts

[Post New]by castellerin on Nov 25, 10 5:15 PM
Just downloaded it now. Nov. 23 8pm est. so I am guessing I am safe from bugs?

mom2cav
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by mom2cav on Nov 25, 10 9:56 PM
Through the game manager it said there was an update available. I clicked the double arrows to install the updated version. It installed, but afterwards, the game manager continues to show that there is an update to the game.

Should the notification about a game update go away after you install it through the game manager or will it always say there is an update to the game?

Should I use the trash can instead and then reinstall from the mac site?

[Post New]by lovingalaska on Nov 30, 10 8:46 PM
I am stuck with giving the gumbo to the young man in the shack. All I get is his hand and I can't give him the bag. Any suggestions

[Post New]by PAGE4390 on Dec 3, 10 1:24 PM
lovingalaska wrote:I am stuck with giving the gumbo to the young man in the shack. All I get is his hand and I can't give him the bag. Any suggestions

I TOO HAVE THIS PROBLEM WHAT IS THE SOLUTION?

Akela16
Guppy
Guppy
193 Posts

[Post New]by Akela16 on Dec 3, 10 6:45 PM
I've just finished the game .... still have the BONUS game to complete. What an awesome game. Some of the puzzles where very difficult and I found resorting to the "hint" quit a few times. The game "strategy guide" in "inventory" is also a great help ... It took me a while to find out you can "page ahead" in each section ... Without that I would surely be stumped. I did resort to consulting a "walkthrough" to get me past some of the very difficult sections where the "objective" is not too explanitory. The puzzles were varied and had quite a variety. I tried not to "skip" any of them ... except for Trimming the "flowers" ... either my reaction is too slow or my mouse is not fast enough ... I do have it at maximum speed in the mouse set-up. Game play was excellent and challenging.

What an AWESOME game ... best one since "Return to Ravenhurst".

The "video" cut scenes add a new dimension to realistic gameplay.

KUDOS to the developers.

Akela16
Guppy
Guppy
193 Posts

Re: Giving thr Gumbo to the man

[Post New]by Akela16 on Dec 3, 10 6:48 PM
RE: Giving the GUMBO to the man. I'm sure all I did was click on him, he extended his hand an I clicked on the bag of gumbo and put it in his hand.

[Post New]by sazenali on Dec 4, 10 7:35 PM
I have downloaded the NEW MAC version of the game two ways, by using the trash can and then reinstalling from my game history and by using the symbol next to the game title on my game manager. Either way the 'update available' symbol is still there. Isn't it downloading properly? What's going on?

[Post New]by shellswift on Dec 4, 10 8:37 PM
Hi,

I have a problem with the game with unscrewing the panel on the piano. It allows me to only remove one screw with the screwdriver and then says I can't use it, or it won't work here. How di I fix this?

[Post New]by CliffFan on Dec 5, 10 11:24 AM
sazenali wrote:I have downloaded the NEW MAC version of the game two ways, by using the trash can and then reinstalling from my game history and by using the symbol next to the game title on my game manager. Either way the 'update available' symbol is still there. Isn't it downloading properly? What's going on?

I have done exactly the same but is still saying that update is available have trashed/ redownloaded 3 times to no avail
this is happening on 2 of my macs so is not my mac problem
All my other games downloading and working fine so doesn't appear to be a
game manager problem any advice or help would be appreciated in the meanwhile i am ignoring any other warnings via Game Manager for updates for this game

Akela16
Guppy
Guppy
193 Posts

Re:NEW MAC version available for Mystery Case Files: 13th Skull Collector's Edition - Nov. 24, 2

[Post New]by Akela16 on Dec 6, 10 8:04 PM
Re: Installing upgrade. I clicked on the "update available" and it downloaded and installed, but the "upgrade available" icon was still showing. I uninstalled the game, and reinstalled it and the "upgrade available" disappeared. Something quirky about the "upgrade' Must be OK ... I finished the game and the BONUS game too.

Still saying .... AWESOME !. I purchased the Collector's Edition ... and the backup CD... $ 13.99 for the game and $ 6.99 for the backup CD...that's $ 20.00 ... and it kept me in suspense for over a week.

We went to the theatre to see Harry Potter ... show costs $ 9.99 for the advanced experience production and $ 10.00 for drink and popcorn .... $ 19.99 and it kept me entertained for 2 hours.

The computer game is a good bargain.

shroomn
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by shroomn on Dec 8, 10 6:05 PM
Akela16 wrote:I've just finished the game .... still have the BONUS game to complete. What an awesome game. Some of the puzzles where very difficult and I found resorting to the "hint" quit a few times. The game "strategy guide" in "inventory" is also a great help ... It took me a while to find out you can "page ahead" in each section ... Without that I would surely be stumped. I did resort to consulting a "walkthrough" to get me past some of the very difficult sections where the "objective" is not too explanitory. The puzzles were varied and had quite a variety. I tried not to "skip" any of them ... except for Trimming the "flowers" ... either my reaction is too slow or my mouse is not fast enough ... I do have it at maximum speed in the mouse set-up. Game play was excellent and challenging.

What an AWESOME game ... best one since "Return to Ravenhurst".

The "video" cut scenes add a new dimension to realistic gameplay.

KUDOS to the developers.

i awesomely agree... the best game.. didn't skip any puzzles... there was a trick for the flowers. as all puzzles... i think you had to do purple, then white, then orange...

shroomn
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

Re:NEW MAC version available for Mystery Case Files: 13th Skull Collector's Edition - November

[Post New]by shroomn on Dec 8, 10 6:12 PM
CliffFan wrote:
sazenali wrote:I have downloaded the NEW MAC version of the game two ways, by using the trash can and then reinstalling from my game history and by using the symbol next to the game title on my game manager. Either way the 'update available' symbol is still there. Isn't it downloading properly? What's going on?

I have done exactly the same but is still saying that update is available have trashed/ redownloaded 3 times to no avail
this is happening on 2 of my macs so is not my mac problem
All my other games downloading and working fine so doesn't appear to be a
game manager problem any advice or help would be appreciated in the meanwhile i am ignoring any other warnings via Game Manager for updates for this game

just install the upgrade and continue playing.. mine still says there is an upgrade, but i'm finished w/ the game...

shroomn
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by shroomn on Dec 8, 10 6:24 PM
lovingalaska wrote:I am stuck with giving the gumbo to the young man in the shack. All I get is his hand and I can't give him the bag. Any suggestions

i had the same problem... can't remember if the fix had anything to do with it... i just went back and forth and it finally werked... have you installed the upgrade...

Re:NEW MAC version available for Mystery Case Files: 13th Skull Collector's Edition - Nov. 24,

[Post New]by RogueRed on Dec 9, 10 7:28 PM
Just finished playing the game but was unable to find all the gold cards so the bonus game isn't opening. I only have 4 gold cards, any idea where the others are and if this will open the bonus game?

Edited on 12/09/2010 at 7:29:24 PM PST

Go to: