bfgImbrium
Manatee
Manatee
4,236 Posts

Post any King's Smith 2 technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgImbrium on Nov 25, 10 1:57 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

robin2u
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

No cursor

[Post New]by robin2u on Nov 25, 10 8:24 AM
Oh well, I thought I'd spend a little down time trying this game, but no cursor. Really! I was able to switch to windowed mode because the GAME recognizes where the cursor should be showing, but it is ot visible to me. I'll uninstall and try again when the bugs are fixed, I guess.

Re:Post any King's Smith 2 technical issues here only

[Post New]by ArthurDent on Nov 25, 10 10:51 AM
Game does not work at all.
Throws Access violation Error.
Windows 7 32bit Home Premium with ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4570.

gmac1007
Clownfish
Clownfish
569 Posts

[Post New]by gmac1007 on Nov 25, 10 11:49 AM
Can't get the game to open I get a error message. Message reads as follows.
Error: Access violation at 0x00418561(tried to read from 0x00000000) program terminated.
My system has recently been tested and everything is up to date all my video cards,drivers,and I have the latest version of directx. Anyone with any suggestions it would be most appreciated. Have a great day and Happy Thanksgiving !

[Post New]by alvertis5706 on Nov 25, 10 11:57 AM
Oh no!! Mark this day!! It's my first ever "technical problem" with a game from BFG. I have no cursor. I activated "show cursor position" on my computer, but didn't help.

pia89
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by pia89 on Nov 25, 10 1:03 PM
Got the same error messages as gmac.
anyone knows how to fix the problem?
really enjoyed the first game ;-)

[Post New]by imschmarte on Nov 26, 10 10:41 AM
I have never had a problem with any game from Big Fish either, and after reading all the reviews on this game, was so excited to play it. BUT, when I double click the icon to play, nothing happened. So I double clicked again, and was told another game is running in the backround, end that first. Checked the task manager, nothing running. Tried it again, same message. So I rebooted. Same thing again. And everytime I try it, it takes a few minutes off my free hour. So I thought I would uninstall, and try again, it would not let me uninstall, because it still thinks the game is running. Had to reboot again, just so I can uninstall. Will try re-installing, see if that fixes the problem. I really wanted to play this game!

NYDanielle
Guppy
Guppy
176 Posts

[Post New]by NYDanielle on Nov 26, 10 10:57 AM
I too am getting the access violation error. I finally just uninstalled the game.

cyndihugs
Salmon
Salmon
2,926 Posts

[Post New]by cyndihugs on Nov 26, 10 12:36 PM
pia89 wrote:Got the same error messages as gmac.
anyone knows how to fix the problem?
really enjoyed the first game ;-)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Same here, sure hope this game gets fixed........and soon!

I looked for the first game and cannot find it on Big Fish, strange...they offer part 2 but not the first part of it..it'd of been nice to check out the beginning of this game or at least I think it would of. (reckon I could go elsewhere to check out the first one) lol

[Post New]by alvertis5706 on Nov 26, 10 1:30 PM
[/quote
I looked for the first game and cannot find it on Big Fish, strange...they offer part 2 but not the first part of it..it'd of been nice to check out the beginning of this game or at least I think it would of. (reckon I could go elsewhere to check out the first one) lol

I also went looking for the 1st one; ended up Googling it, and found link for it on BFG!

http://www.bigfishgames.com/download-games/8695/mac/kings-smith/index.html

But look at the system requirement for OS......"10.4" ?????

edited because ......it's for MAC only !

Edited on 11/26/2010 at 1:35:10 PM PST

cyndihugs
Salmon
Salmon
2,926 Posts

[Post New]by cyndihugs on Nov 26, 10 2:50 PM
alvertis5706 wrote:[/quote

I also went looking for the 1st one; ended up Googling it, and found link for it on BFG!

http://www.bigfishgames.com/download-games/8695/mac/kings-smith/index.html

But look at the system requirement for OS......"10.4" ?????

edited because ......it's for MAC only !

Yep, for MAC only, forgot to mention that, so am glad you brought that up, alvertis...I did a search for it and found it on a couple of other websites, but since BF is offering this one, I wish they would hurry up and fix it [or rather the Dev.s fix it], what's taking so long, I wonder? I've noticed other games that came out about the same time are fixed...like the new MCF one...maybe cause it is a HOG? *Ahem* there are some of us that like games other then HOGs. don't get me wrong, I like and do buy some IHOGs but Strategy games are my favorite.....hopefully someone will have this game fixed soon~

Leemo
Herring
Herring
309 Posts

[Post New]by Leemo on Nov 26, 10 3:51 PM
I also haven't had any problems with downloads for months but this game is behaving strangely. On Win 7 64bit, at the end of each level the game returns to the BFG Game Manger as if time had just expired on a trial download. Also at the ogres cave I can play half the level, and then the game switches back to the main menu. ....... Look forward to a forthcoming fix please as the game seems great if it was playable!!

GillyAlice
Lobster
Lobster
81 Posts

[Post New]by GillyAlice on Nov 26, 10 5:57 PM
I too could not get the game to start. BTW imshcmarte, if you go into task manager and then into the processes tab, you can stop the game running without having to reboot your computer every time.

[Post New]by moneylove on Nov 26, 10 7:35 PM
I was looking forward to trying this game out due to how much I enjoyed the first. In anticipation I downloaded the free trial only to find that no matter what I do, I only get an "access violation" error message. I have never had an issue in all the years of downloading games from BFG, but this will be the first. I am fully updated and I even shut my firewalls off to download this game again. This is too bad for as I mentioned I truly enjoyed the original version of this game. I even purchased it and looked forward to maybe even purchasing this one. Hopefully these issues can get resolved so the rest of us can enjoy this game as well. Maybe a patch coming soon?

[Post New]by tapiocapdding on Nov 27, 10 5:31 PM
I was able to play to the second level in the second location in the free trial, but for the last few levels there was a problem with the guy selling pieces. I would click the item to see the price and when I tried to decline the item by clicking the "x", I would end up purchasing the item anyway. I THINK that the reject and accept buttons might have been reversed because on the last level I mistakenly clicked accept on an item and it was not purchased, but when I clicked decline on the second item for sale, it was purchased. I hope that explanation is clear.

ekayu
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
3 Posts

[Post New]by ekayu on Nov 27, 10 8:14 PM
Unable to play on a Vista Premium machine.
Looks like it's running, but any attempt to get to that window defaults back to the Windows desktop. Never had this problem with the first game.

judieau
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by judieau on Nov 27, 10 8:29 PM
Bought this game and love it!
However, one glitch I've found is on Monkey Island. In trying to play the game at level 5 you have to make 4 ornate swords, 4 ornate shields and 3 ornate chain armors.
I made all, but none of them show up in the specials requests bars so the requests can never be completed. Also with 11 objects to be made altogether, there are not enough spaces to accommodate them.
Is this a fault, or am I missing something here! lol

Liz_Lemon
Minnow
Minnow
219 Posts

[Post New]by Liz_Lemon on Nov 28, 10 8:32 AM
I can't get this game to play -- turns the screen to black and then nothing happens.
No cursor, no game.
I hope they relaunch with the glitches out.

For the problem below, I've encountered this and found the "processes" tab in the task manager the only way out of the loop.
Go into the processes and see if the game name is showing with a .exe behind it.
End that process and then also end bfgameclient.exe and you should be out.
Good Luck.

imschmarte wrote:I have never had a problem with any game from Big Fish either, and after reading all the reviews on this game, was so excited to play it. BUT, when I double click the icon to play, nothing happened. So I double clicked again, and was told another game is running in the backround, end that first. Checked the task manager, nothing running. Tried it again, same message. So I rebooted. Same thing again. And everytime I try it, it takes a few minutes off my free hour. So I thought I would uninstall, and try again, it would not let me uninstall, because it still thinks the game is running. Had to reboot again, just so I can uninstall. Will try re-installing, see if that fixes the problem. I really wanted to play this game!

[Post New]by linkinbabe84 on Nov 28, 10 9:34 AM
gmac1007 wrote:Can't get the game to open I get a error message. Message reads as follows.
Error: Access violation at 0x00418561(tried to read from 0x00000000) program terminated.
My system has recently been tested and everything is up to date all my video cards,drivers,and I have the latest version of directx. Anyone with any suggestions it would be most appreciated. Have a great day and Happy Thanksgiving !

I have the same problem. Big Fish please fix this!! I really wan to play.

jaxnh
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
8 Posts

[Post New]by jaxnh on Nov 28, 10 9:44 AM
Hi, everyone,

I am currently addicted to this game. I downoaded it from another site a while ago (only because BFG didn't have it) and I really like it, but I do have problems with it freezing up and quitting out randomly sometimes. I assumed this was why BFG wasn't carrying it, because all the glitches weren't worked out, because i never have that problem with the zillion games I've downloaded from BFG! I'm running Vista also. It's a really fun game, I've been playing it for a couple of days, there are parts I can just not get through to get the gold star and I really want to see what the card is you get at one point near the end. I actually came on looking for hints or something for this one part! LOL

Jax

Go to: