bfgImbrium
Manatee
Manatee
4,236 Posts

Post any Destination: Treasure Island technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgImbrium on Nov 25, 10 2:20 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

Re:Post any Destination: Treasure Island technical issues here only

[Post New]by Lauradelenn on Nov 25, 10 9:05 AM
I've just downloaded the game; the graphics look good and sound is good, but there's no writing anywhere! The dialog boxes are simply white, the treasure map shows the graphics of the island but no writing, etc. What on earth do I do to make this better? The game is unplayable as is....

Slite
Minnow
Minnow
212 Posts

[Post New]by Slite on Nov 25, 10 10:32 PM
Kheops games seem to crash my computer. At least this one and the Secrets of Da Vinci game did. To be clear: the game did not just crash, it crashed my whole system. The game does not even start up. I try to run the game and my system crashes.

I'd love to be able to play these games but I have no idea what is causing the crashes or how to fix it.

[Post New]by Lauradelenn on Nov 26, 10 9:51 AM
Slite wrote:Kheops games seem to crash my computer. At least this one and the Secrets of Da Vinci game did. To be clear: the game did not just crash, it crashed my whole system. The game does not even start up. I try to run the game and my system crashes.

I'd love to be able to play these games but I have no idea what is causing the crashes or how to fix it.

Wow. Good luck with that, Slite! I really liked the Da Vinci game; I like adventure games and love history, so it was a very enjoyable gaming experience for me. Very well done graphics and the feel of the game was very authentic to the period. Someone obviously did their homework with that game!

Did you check out BF's customer support area? They have a Q & A portion, as well as a way to contact customer support via email. I've used them before, and was pleased with their assistance. I'm just sad now, because of course it's Thanksgiving weekend so there'll be no answer until about Tuesday most likely. I was hoping to play this game over my holiday. : (

Back to your issue: You also might try emailing Kheops directly; they're in this business to make money, and can't if their games crash people's computers, so they have a vested interest in answering you and at least telling you what they think the problem is and what to do or who to talk to next to fix it. I've seen on this board elsewhere that someone contacted....you know, it might have been Kheops - one of the developers for sure, and received a prompt and helpful reply.

At the very least, it couldn't hurt to try! Best of luck, post back here if you find out any results, I'd like to know at least.

gingergal
Manatee
Manatee
3,873 Posts

[Post New]by gingergal on Nov 26, 10 10:34 AM
OK I should have know better - there weren't many posts under technical so thought I'd give it a chance.
As there is no trial, had to buy it and it doesn't work!

It's 'shaky'. I changed settings, compatability mode, disable visual themes/desktop composition. I always run it in admin mode.
I have windows 7/64 bit/nvidia.
I could get the first mysterious island to work, but not the 2nd (RTMI2) and cleopatra.

Now all I get is the '803-400' error message after trying so many different configurations/uninstalling it. (my computer had already selected 'DEP for essential Windows programs and services only')

I will contact service but feel if I don't put it here other people may buy it thinking nothing is wrong as not many posts under the technical thread.

Maybe if loads of people will post here will finally do something with keops game as they have released a patch for nvidia (other thread, poster had message from kheops) but bigfish hasn't made a new build for these games yet.

It's been months and I am still waiting for a new build for cleopatra, and the other games and now I can put this on the list as well.

[Post New]by cjffrs on Nov 26, 10 12:04 PM
I bought game cause there was no trail and game freezes evevry time I select profile it will not do anything then it freezees my comp. no I have another game I cannot play not happy

[Post New]by Silverfox531089 on Nov 26, 10 2:45 PM
I bought it too and the game is so shaky that I can't play it - the same thing happend with The Secrets th of Da Vinci! This is the last large file game I'll buy if I can't test it first. Off to the HELP DESK again.....Sigh

LynneMD
Guppy
Guppy
186 Posts

[Post New]by LynneMD on Nov 26, 10 2:54 PM
I'm having graphics problems too, can't play the game with flickering, etc...I knew there was an Nvidia graphics card problem, but I have an ATI card and running Win 7..my system is kept fully optomized and fully updated software...tried run as admin and compatibility...but still not working...and CS is not available until monday.....

kiwiminx
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by kiwiminx on Nov 26, 10 7:27 PM
I too downloaded the game as there was no trial version available. And like many of the others I have the shaking flickering screen so the game is unplayable for me. Huge shame as it looked like a good old style adventure game. Off to customer service too..... sighs

Fawn9
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by Fawn9 on Nov 26, 10 8:13 PM
I bought this and Nostradamus and have the same shaky screen problem with both.

[Post New]by jhansenoldsalt on Nov 27, 10 7:20 AM
cjffrs wrote:I bought game cause there was no trail and game freezes evevry time I select profile it will not do anything then it freezees my comp. no I have another game I cannot play not happy

Same thing here - Win7 Ultimate X64 w/Radeon graphics - Tried updating Flash and Video drivers - Getting access error message.

Zero support available - Neither Kheops now Nobilis has jack in the way of help - Kheops doesn't even list the game.

This sucks ****!!!

robin94122
Salmon
Salmon
2,810 Posts

[Post New]by robin94122 on Nov 27, 10 7:46 AM
I'm so sorry you're having the issue--I'm sure it's very frustrating.

Assuming you bought the game here at Big Fish Games, you can get technical support by clicking on the green envelope in the right column of this page and contacting Customer Service. They should be able to help one way or another.

Robin

chrelm
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by chrelm on Nov 29, 10 10:48 AM
The game will not open. I click on the play button and nothing happens. I had no trouble downloading, installing or activating the game but now it simply will not play.

[Post New]by boorman on Jan 7, 11 4:27 PM
I have had the same problem also
I have Windows 7 and the game freezes and locks up my computer as soon as I select a profile to use
I have also tried repeating the process while disabling AERO but it did not help either
I have been offered a credit on the game but would prefer to fix the problem and play the game instead
I have submitted my problem to the help desk, but was hoping someone in the forum community has encountered the same thing

[Post New]by Purple_Froggy on Jun 2, 11 7:00 PM
The game installed just fine. It starts up just fine. The main menu loads just fine. But when I click on the items: "start game", "options", "credits", etc. Absolutely nothing happens.

judithd
Lobster
Lobster
81 Posts

[Post New]by judithd on Jul 21, 11 5:29 PM
I'm being asked to install Microsoft.NET Framework. Is this safe? My game is now installing... for a long, long, long time. Maybe it won't install unless I download that framework thing?

[Post New]by Nemo80 on Jan 7, 13 3:35 AM
Just bought and downloaded the game. Installed ok, but got the same screen flickering problem. Basically makes playing the game impossible. Still haven't found the solution for this from here at the forums or from Google. NVIDIA GeForce 9400 GT+Win 7 64 bit.

[Post New]by Gatis07 on Feb 13, 13 8:56 AM
I have the exact same problem as Nemo80. Big Fish please do something about this.

jan1949
Starfish
Starfish
54 Posts

[Post New]by jan1949 on May 23, 14 6:31 PM
I bought this game in December 2012 and just downloaded it to play. I get the flickering problem just like a couple of other fishies. I don't see an updated game so figure there isn't a fix for the problem. I am using Windows 8 64 bit PC. Other Big Fish games play so I figure my system is okay. Is this particular game just too old for the newer computers?

Go to: