bfgImbrium
Manatee
Manatee
4,236 Posts

Post any Cake Mania 2 technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgImbrium on Nov 25, 10 2:26 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

scuba1
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

Re:Post any Cake Mania 2 technical issues here only

[Post New]by scuba1 on Oct 30, 13 10:24 PM
I can't find my issue on the Help Pages. I bought a new computer and have reinstalled several of my games. So far they all work except for Cake Mania 2 which downloads and opens fine, but it:

- Immediately tells me "For additional effects and animations please check the High
Quality box under Options (I don't remember it doing this before).
- After I click OK it asks me to enter my name, which I do and press OK.
- It opens an Error window that says "Error: Access violation at 0x005BF78A (tried
to write to 0x00000000, program terminated." Then I have to click "Close
program" and it shuts down.

I've trashed it and reinstalled it 4 times, but nothing changes. What should I do???

Thank you for any help you can provide.

Maryann

[Post New]by game_fanatic on Nov 5, 13 9:43 AM
I just bought it on I think Oct. 30th. I'm getting the very same message you are. I was really looking forward to playing this again but it looks like that won't be happening.

bf_gamer
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by bf_gamer on Jan 22, 14 10:54 PM
Did anyone ever get a solution to this problem? I too am having the same issue I really wish it would work.

[Post New]by dardam93 on Feb 22, 14 7:44 AM
I'm having the same problem. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the game itself AND the BigFish application on my computer. I've restarted the computer several times. I've also tried to run the game in compatibility mode. No change whatsoever.

Can't even create an account in-game

[Post New]by Band_Junkie on Mar 10, 14 5:06 PM
I just got Cake Mania 2 for PC and I installed it and the first time I tried to play, it crashed half way through loading. All the other times, it says "enter your name" so I do and it crashes with this error box:

"Exception: Access Violation (code 0xc0000005) at address 005BF66A in thread 3F1C
Module: CakeMania2.exe
Logical Address: 0001:001BE66A

0028F1E0 005BF66A 0001:001BE66A CakeMania2.exe
Params: 00000000 12FF57C8 00000087 130469F8

StackWalk failed (error 299)

EAX:12FF584F EBX:0028F25C ECX:00000021 EDX:00000003 ESI:12FF57C8 EDI:00000000
EIP:005BF66A ESP:0028F1D8 EBP:0028F1E0
CS:0023 SS:002B DS:002B ES:002B FS:0053 GS:002B
Flags:00210212

Windows Ver: NT 6.0 Build 6000
DDraw Ver: 6.2.9200.16384
DSound Ver: 6.2.9200.16384

Product: CakeMania 2
Version: CD 1.002
Time Loaded: 00:00:32
Fullscreen: Yes
Primary ThreadId: 3F1C"

I'm using Windows 8 with 1.3GHz processor and 3.57GB free RAM. I'm not sure if it's just because it won't work with Windows 8 of if it's maybe my processor?

-Megan

[Post New]by lindilou2 on Mar 18, 14 8:00 AM
I have just bought a new computer that runs windows 8.1 and I am having the same issues. Cake mania has worked on windows 7, XP and windows vista no problem is it not compatible with windows 8, as anyone found a solution to this it's so frustrating!!! The error message I get is
"Error: Access violation at 0x005BF78A (tried
to write to 0x00000000, program terminated after I try to put my name in.

Edited on 03/18/2014 at 8:01:22 AM PST

Skndr
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
4 Posts

[Post New]by Skndr on May 8, 14 12:32 PM
According to the Cake Mania 2 game information it is not compatible with Windows 7 or 8 (only earlier versions like XP and Vista). I've emailed Big Fish games to ask them to fix the issue and so far nothing. I know it's the developers issue but maybe if Big Fish asked the developer to upgrade Cake Mania 2 to Windows 7 and 8? All other games, including the original Cake Mania are compatible with Windows 7 and 8 why isn't Cake Mania 2? It doesn't make sense to me.

[Post New]by Stytch4 on Jul 12, 14 10:31 AM
I'm having the same problem so far I haven't been able to fix it. I'm very disappointed. If anyone finds a solution please post it.

[Post New]by monkeyfries on Jul 12, 14 5:06 PM
this game does not work AT ALL I have tried compatibility mode I have tried regular I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling it gets up to just the last gold ray on the loading screen then it shuts down EVERY TIME I really don't know wat else to do I have a windows 7 and I have tried even stuff from the computer makers website and it still won't work all I want to do is play cake mania 2 all the others work fine just not this one but I believe I have been able to play this on my computer once a few years ago but it will not anywhere now idk why plz fix this

[Post New]by Tempe_G on Dec 14, 14 12:39 PM
Same issue as all others. If the game is not compatible with Windows 7 or 8, then BFG has a responsibility to let us know that before we purchase the game. Very poor customer service!

[Post New]by mandypin on Dec 28, 14 1:11 PM
My Cake Mania 2 won't even Activate Tried all sort of different things but nothing seems to work any other ideas plz need HELP!!!

[Post New]by chipmunk98178 on Mar 4, 15 9:44 AM
I haven't purchased this game, but I'm getting the error message as soon as I enter my profile name. The game simply will not allow me to go any further. I've looked in the help area to find it a waste of time. Nothing is available to assist me in getting this game running on Windows 8. Are there any answers to this issue?? Thanks!!

[Post New]by Tina0414 on Jun 14, 15 5:55 AM
I was having similar technical issues as posted here. I currently have windows 7 though so i'm unsure if this will work on windows 8 or others. I fixed it by going into the Cake Mania 2 main file by right clicking the icon on my desktop then click properties then you click open file location. From the main file right click the CakeMania2 icon then from that list click troubleshoot compatibility. It should give you the option to troubleshoot program click that one. From the list, click the windows vista service pack 2 option. After that the game will launch like it should. Lower the game or exit it then on the program compatibility screen and save the settings. After this it doesn't matter if you launch it from your desktop or the game manager it should still launch and play correctly.

Edited on 08/14/2015 at 3:58:52 PM PST

[Post New]by Heli77 on Aug 4, 15 5:30 AM
Miért nem tudom a Cake Mania 2-t játszani Windows 7 Ultimate-on??????? Nem csinálnának már végre valamit vele, hiszen nem látják, hogy mennyi ember megvette és most amikor gépcserére került sor, nem tudunk vele játszani? Van itt egy magyar is, aki telepítette és neki fut Windows 7-en?

Go to: