positioning Graveyard keys

[Post New]by luvtoread on Nov 25, 10 6:26 AM
I have all 4 keys, have tripled checked to make sure keys are in right
keyholes, have checked positions numerous times on the frame and
nothing...I
I've already skipped weed cutting fiasco (wanted to find whoever thought
of that puzzle and cut his/her hair with garden shears while making
snarky comments!!
Do not want to skip this. Anyone have same problem?

Re:positioning Graveyard keys

[Post New]by heathernicoal on Nov 25, 10 10:27 AM
I am having the same problem. Although I can't skip puzzles, at least I don't think I can. I haven't seen any options to skip the puzzles cuz I REALLY wanted to skip the jewelry box puzzle but I FINALLY figured that out. Hopefully someone can help me with both problems.

Micha1234
Clownfish
Clownfish
910 Posts

[Post New]by Micha1234 on Nov 25, 10 10:34 AM
you HAVE a skip option. Click on the hint button, it will give you the choice of either more hints or to skip the puzzle all together. However I 've noticed that MY skip option wasn't always available to me. Maybe I skipped too many puzzles as I was getting really frustrated towards the end.
On the key puzzle itself I'm afraid I can't help much.....simply forgot

Lady_Cav
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,363 Posts

[Post New]by Lady_Cav on Nov 25, 10 10:39 AM
You're probably way past this point now. I thought the same thing when I tried, so for any others who are wondering, this was my solution. I looked at the strategy guide and the pictures shown. Nothing happened when I placed the keys according to the strategy guide pictures. Then I went back to the manor and actually looked at the picture frame on the wall. My keys and arrow directions were different to the strategy guide pictures. When I replaced the keys according to the actual picture frame, then the gate opened.

[Post New]by HoosierMLE on Nov 25, 10 12:45 PM
Yikes! this one was hard - and the walkthru was too tiny to see! Going back&forth between the painting and the graveyard 'bout drove me nuts. So ... did a screen capture (Ctrl-PrtScr) of the painting frame and copied it into my graphics program to enlarge
--Upper left - moon key pointed to 1 o'clock
--Lower left - star key pointed to 7 o'clock
--Upper right - diamond key pointed to 12 o'clock
--Lower right - triangle key pointed to 7 o'clock

Happy Thanksgiving, y'all. Thanks to 13th Skull, dinner's gonna be late today!

duchess436
Starfish
Starfish
54 Posts

[Post New]by duchess436 on Nov 26, 10 4:44 AM
Lady_Cav wrote:You're probably way past this point now. I thought the same thing when I tried, so for any others who are wondering, this was my solution. I looked at the strategy guide and the pictures shown. Nothing happened when I placed the keys according to the strategy guide pictures. Then I went back to the manor and actually looked at the picture frame on the wall. My keys and arrow directions were different to the strategy guide pictures. When I replaced the keys according to the actual picture frame, then the gate opened.
ty lady cav i did what you said went back & looked at picture & mine also was different than strategy guide the strategy guide should say each game differs because it obviously does. ty again for sharing you saved me alot of frustration. duchess436

MargieB
Salmon
Salmon
2,658 Posts

[Post New]by MargieB on Nov 26, 10 6:57 AM
HoosierMLE wrote:Yikes! this one was hard - and the walkthru was too tiny to see! Going back&forth between the painting and the graveyard 'bout drove me nuts. So ... did a screen capture (Ctrl-PrtScr) of the painting frame and copied it into my graphics program to enlarge
--Upper left - moon key pointed to 1 o'clock
--Lower left - star key pointed to 7 o'clock
--Upper right - diamond key pointed to 12 o'clock
--Lower right - triangle key pointed to 7 o'clock

Happy Thanksgiving, y'all. Thanks to 13th Skull, dinner's gonna be late today!

Good morning Hoosier,

Thanks for helping with this question. Just want to point out that the positions for the keys are random,each game is different.

Check the painting in the Foyer for your game and look at the 4 corners to get your solution.

Take care,

MargieB

Ismene
Flounder
Flounder
2,095 Posts

[Post New]by Ismene on Nov 26, 10 7:00 AM
Micha1234 wrote:you HAVE a skip option. Click on the hint button, it will give you the choice of either more hints or to skip the puzzle all together. However I 've noticed that MY skip option wasn't always available to me. Maybe I skipped too many puzzles as I was getting really frustrated towards the end.

The hint button has to be charged up -- if you got a hint for a puzzle, and then decided to just skip it, there will be a short wait until you can.

luvtoread
Manatee
Manatee
4,081 Posts

[Post New]by luvtoread on Nov 26, 10 8:19 AM
Thanks for all the help, yes I did land up skipping but now I'll know
for next time I play

Edited on 11/26/2010 at 8:20:09 AM PST

lindaba
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by lindaba on Nov 26, 10 9:56 AM
Thanks for all your help, with this one!! LOL I was driving myself crazy, following all the different suggestions!! Now that I know that's it's random, and I have check out my picture, I should be able to do it!!

Want to add my 2 cents to the weed puzzle, too.........I HATED IT!! Just not fast enough, or something....and I finally did get the "whack-a-troll" one!! Just couldn't get the weeds!! Tooo fast for my mouse!!

Back to the game!!

NanaLoona
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
447 Posts

[Post New]by NanaLoona on Nov 28, 10 9:49 AM
I checked my picture and tried to insert the keys according to the way they show up in my game, but they still won't go in the slot. All I get are snarky comments with a southern accent. It won't accept any of the keys in any slot. Any suggestions?

Nana Loona

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Nov 28, 10 11:44 AM
NanaLoona wrote:I checked my picture and tried to insert the keys according to the way they show up in my game, but they still won't go in the slot. All I get are snarky comments with a southern accent. It won't accept any of the keys in any slot. Any suggestions?

Nana Loona
Use the cursor tip on the keyhole while holding the key.

Go to: